What Bourbon did you purchase today (summer 2018)

mfly86
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Stopped by my local honey hole today to check out their new inventory and the manager recommended the Longbranch. Typically I ignore recommendations from salesmen, but this guy holds bottles for me, so I spent the $34.99. Glad I did, because this is a very good bourbon. It has surprisingly good flavor for such a low proof and a solid finish. This may become my summertime daily drinker. 

0A997D9E-13C8-4849-ACE0-7D287B9BE0CE.jpeg

23 minutes ago, CUfan99 said:

1BB98FD7-09F0-4D5C-A872-F0D3AC401743.thumb.jpeg.419b4f99a3139e62844e27787f817e2d.jpegMy first RR SiB. Here’s looking at you @Mako254. Very nice creamy caramel bomb! 

A lot of strong picks from D lately! Glad you are enjoying it my friend. 

On 6/27/2018 at 6:50 AM, miller542 said:

Finally picked up a Wild Turkey Decades.  After seeing it in the store for so long, it wore me down.  And an early 40th birthday present to myself (or that's the excuse I keep telling myself!)

I found Decades to be pretty amazing when family had it at Christmas, so I figured I need one of my own.

Good decision

Found two 11 year old saos #teamsarah for $55/each. They are in the front seat now. 

307F1014-8203-411D-BEAC-975F3DE8B86A.jpeg

• I like it 7

51 minutes ago, Mako254 said:

Found two 11 year old saos #teamsarah for $55/each. They are in the front seat now. 

307F1014-8203-411D-BEAC-975F3DE8B86A.jpeg

Hoo wah!

A friend and I went in on an order of  Blantons from Europe (he got a SFTB and I got a reg Blanton's and a SFTB). He lives in Ft Worth, TX and said he doesn't know of any stores that do picks of 4R, so I put together some samples for him to deliver with the Blanton's. 

20180629_062024.jpg

• I like it 3

Replenished my OGD BIB supply today.  I needed it.  The long hot Summer approacheth, and I hate shopping in the heat.

• I like it 1

After staring at the whiskey aisle for much longer than I normally do, I picked up a family size WT101 on sale today. Cuz why not?

• I like it 1

After a bourbon break I've come back and purchased some more to celebrate the long weekend, and Canada day! Can't wait! IMG_20180629_170241.jpeg

• I like it 1

On 6/26/2018 at 8:56 PM, Mako254 said:

Two for Tuesday on wild turkey Tuesday. 

6EABDE33-FDF9-4510-907F-F0111FE5480D.jpeg

Interesting bottle label?  Is it really chewy?

Not today but earlier this week, I purchased a KCSB Bourbon (Total Wine), Barrel #6133 and KCSB Rye (Total Wine), Barrell #5742.  I purchased my @ Total Wine in Louisville.  I saw similar SBs @ the store in Lexington.  The price was right and I would recommend both.

Added another CEHT Small Batch to the stash. Just could not walk away from the $36 price. 

44 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Interesting bottle label?  Is it really chewy?

It is creamy as all outside and one of the best RRsib I’ve had. Wish I could get more. 

• I like it 1

2 minutes ago, Mako254 said:

It is creamy as all outside and one of the best RRsib I’ve had. Wish I could get more. 

Sounds excellent!  It is always fun to find a great bottle yet sad when you wish you knew what you know now...that you would get more if you could but can't.  Enjoy!

Edited by mbroo5880i

I went back and got the one in the middle. The store manager said he’s had them since March with very little movement. Fingers crossed. 

5F426D04-D3D7-49F1-8990-73D0C353740E.jpeg

Picked up two VOB BIB today.  Bourbon Zen now. 

Also saw a 1.75L bottle of 4R 80 proof.

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Replenished my OGD BIB supply today.  I needed it.  The long hot Summer approacheth, and I hate shopping in the heat.

Do you still keep them in the trash can by your chair?

PS - I find that OGD BIB is excellent out of the fridge on a hot summer day. I'm going to try it in the freezer once I finish the 4RYL that's currently in there.

8 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Not today but earlier this week, I purchased a KCSB Bourbon (Total Wine), Barrel #6133 and KCSB Rye (Total Wine), Barrell #5742.  I purchased my @ Total Wine in Louisville.  I saw similar SBs @ the store in Lexington.  The price was right and I would recommend both.

I purchased the same barrel of KCSB #6133. I emailed beam to find out the info on this barrel because the employees at total wine had no information on it. Here's  what I got from beam.

Barreled- 3/11/2008 

Selected- 2/6/18 

warehouse- E

Floor- 6

• I like it 2

9 hours ago, Barrel Aged Buckeye said:

I purchased the same barrel of KCSB #6133. I emailed beam to find out the info on this barrel because the employees at total wine had no information on it. Here's  what I got from beam.

Barreled- 3/11/2008 

Selected- 2/6/18 

warehouse- E

Floor- 6

Thanks, I was curious.  

15 hours ago, flahute said:

PS - I find that OGD BIB is excellent out of the fridge on a hot summer day. I'm going to try it in the freezer once I finish the 4RYL that's currently in there.

Will try that with the OGD BiB - right now I have a 4R Yellow in the freezer with similar intent. Tasty.

• I like it 1

16 hours ago, flahute said:

Yup.  Recently, a JB Distiller's Cut joined it; the JBDistC when emptied was replaced by a JB BIB.  Good thing it's on the far side of my chair - the side away from where she sits.  I'm a little leery about sneaking a third one in so I have a larger choice because the can is not THAT big.  I do have to leave room for trash.  The freezer is pretty full (ribs, chicken, salmon for use between now and July 4th) but I did manage to get a Bernheim in there.

• I like it 1

11 hours ago, Barrel Aged Buckeye said:

Barreled- 3/11/2008 

Selected- 2/6/18 

warehouse- E

Floor- 6

Thanks! I got a bottle of this a few weeks ago in Louisville at TW. Good to know the extra info because the TW employees I also asked about it were completely useless.

As previously posted, I passed on a Weller 12 a week or so ago. Well, I was out and about Thursday, and I once again drove  farther north to stop in at a liquor store to give the store manager a 200 ml sample of my 2018 Weller Blend as a thank you. He's been the recipient of a couple of the HH 6 BIB's that I've brought back from Kentucky, and he knows about my Weller Blend. He was happy than the proverbial "pig in slop". He still had the Weller 12, (in back) and once again offered it to me. His price was retail, so I couldn't pass it up again. He's happy. I'm happy. There's also a distinct possibility that Galvin0791 might be happy as well, because he may eventually end up with this bottle. Know what I mean Vern?  ^_^  FWIW, I currently have more Weller 12 than I do OWA. WTF? :blink:

Biba! Joe

w12.jpeg

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.