What Bourbon did you purchase today (summer 2018)

mfly86
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Bought a case of HHBiB for $10.79 a bottle.  Found a Rock Hill Farms for $72.00 at same store. Have not seen it in a couple years so I bought that, too.  Was given a bottle of Gibson's 12-year old Canadian from a friendly Canuck, and am trying out the Davidson's Reserve Rye from Pennington Distillery based here in Nashville. Good week so far!

IMG_1086.thumb.JPG.7028574d9480a76f093df0bec16f619c.JPG

Picked up another bottle this am. My store is starting to get low on this one. Like another poster mentioned I'm now officially swimming in multiple bottles from multiple barrels. I'm a sucker for 120 proof, great tasting whiskey, 12-14yrs old at $37.99. What ya going to do?

• I like it 3

4 hours ago, FacePlant said:

Picked up another bottle this am. My store is starting to get low on this one. Like another poster mentioned I'm now officially swimming in multiple bottles from multiple barrels. I'm a sucker for 120 proof, great tasting whiskey, 12-14yrs old at $37.99. What ya going to do?

I like that map of the rick house. Good info. 

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, Mako254 said:

I like that map of the rick house. Good info. 

All the samples come with a postcard version of that map.  They now have a display rack that houses the barrel on its side, with a shelf for bottles, and a larger (18x24?) rickhouse diagram.  I'm hoping to get the barrel and diagram from the first barrel pick we did this year.  It was an awesome 13 yr...  and would look great at the bar in the game room.

2 minutes ago, gurgalunas said:

All the samples come with a postcard version of that map.  They now have a display rack that houses the barrel on its side, with a shelf for bottles, and a larger (18x24?) rickhouse diagram.  I'm hoping to get the barrel and diagram from the first barrel pick we did this year.  It was an awesome 13 yr...  and would look great at the bar in the game room.

Yes, very cool.  Kudos to the marketing group.  

Got got these two yesterday. Last week I got an 11yr OBSV at 52.8%, a Baby Saz, an ER10, and a John J Bowman SiB. 

When I was at the liquor store yesterday I was chatting with a guy working there. This is an out of state store, and I dont know anyone there. He, unsolicited, said he gets multiple people per day asking about Blanton's (which all stores do). He said he always steers them towards getting HM10. I was pleasantly surprised by this. It makes me happy that someone does the right thing by recommending an amazing value over trying to push a shelf turd. 

20180713_065503.jpg

KC 1.75mL, Noah's Mill, WR (FINALLY!), and Willet Family Reserve.

On 7/11/2018 at 11:29 AM, FacePlant said:

This is awesome!  Love the rackhouse map!  

On July 7, 2018 at 3:10 PM, FasterHorses said:

I think it was $24. The new tan label was $22. 

That's about the same price here when it dissapeared. 

Managed to score another A batch of the '18 ECBP.  Worth noting is that today was the FIRST time I've ever seen a bottle of this on a shelf in KY.  Usually I manage to secure it out of state,  have a friendly store hold for me, or have been at the mercy of friends that live outside the Commonwealth (if you're readying this, you know who you are).  It's very refreshing to see that one can actually make a liquor store shelf, as prior to today, I didn't think that it was possible! 

I'm also continuing to stock up on the 375's of the 'old' batch of WTRB.  $14.98 plus tax, why not! :)

Edited by Paddy
  • I like it 1

Family sized Larceny for me, today.  This and Buffalo Trace are my two regular family sized purchases for decanting into 750’s.  I’m thinking Wild Turkey 101 shall be next to go on the family sized replenishment circuit.  

Store pick Blanton’s and Nikka From The Barrel 750? Yes please.

FA8FBE90-6A52-4DBB-935A-6B427FA520F0.jpeg

• I like it 1

43 minutes ago, uncork_it_already said:

Store pick Blanton’s and Nikka From The Barrel 750? Yes please.

Ha. First time seeing the Nikka at 750, is that a new thing? I've only known the 500ml airport bottle for years.

1 hour ago, Kane said:

Ha. First time seeing the Nikka at 750, is that a new thing? I've only known the 500ml airport bottle for years.

Yeah me too, that’s why I grabbed it.

Was told it was the first US release and we want our 750’s! Everywhere else, even Japan, is 500 and not even the (international) standard 700.

Got the 750ml Nikka From The Barrel locally yesterday ~ $60 OTD IIRC  Cheaper than getting it from MoM (heh, heh).

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 2

Didn’t purchase per se, but made a trade with a buddy from Houston with some doubles I had in the bunker and picked up a 4R Single Barrel OESK Store Pick, a 2016 4R Elliott’s Select Single Barrel, another Elmer T Lee, and a Michter’s 10.

IMG_8611.JPG

• I like it 2

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 12:19 AM, JoeTerp said:

IMG_5069.JPG

Just submitted a lottery entry for this one. It will sell at $119. Hope I win & it is worth the duckies...

Not bourbon, but an interesting addition. My son & mother in law just returned from Iceland & brought me this LE single barrel. Its sheep dung smoked ! Yes!

20180712_192308.jpg

13 minutes ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

Not bourbon, but an interesting addition. My son & mother in law just returned from Iceland & brought me this LE single barrel. Its sheep dung smoked ! Yes!

20180712_192308.jpg

If you know it’s not bourbon, why post it in the bourbon thread?  

• I like it 1

If you know it’s not bourbon, why post it in the bourbon thread?  

The sheep dung Joe....the sheep dung

1 hour ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

20180712_192308.jpg

I find that dung smoked whiskeys pair really well with BBQ and oddly enough, sushi. 

3 hours ago, Curtis Reed said:

I find that dung smoked whiskeys pair really well with BBQ and oddly enough, sushi. 

Are there other dung smoked whisk(e)ys?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.