What Bourbon did you purchase today (summer 2018)

mfly86
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

7 hours ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

Are there other dung smoked whisk(e)ys?

Here.  Got ya all set up.

• I like it 2

17 hours ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

Not bourbon, but an interesting addition. My son & mother in law just returned from Iceland & brought me this LE single barrel. Its sheep dung smoked ! Yes!

20180712_192308.jpg

I bet it tastes like ass 

12 hours ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

Belgrove (New Zealand) did a sheep dung smoked whisky called 'Wholly Shit'...

Based on some rare bird code deciphering it looks like this is from 2008. Pretty excited to open it.

IMG_20180716_103944016.jpg

• I like it 1

On 7/14/2018 at 10:54 PM, Whiskeythink.com said:

Not sure... I was joking

So nobody purchased a bottle today??!! What the hell happened!!! Did the earth stop spinning or something? Surely SOMEONE purchased a damn bottle of brown water today.

30 minutes ago, elmossle said:

So nobody purchased a bottle today??!! What the hell happened!!! Did the earth stop spinning or something? Surely SOMEONE purchased a damn bottle of brown water today.

Not me.  Nothing special showed up.  Same old things on the shelf...  Bought some IPAs instead.

I did find out I'll get to taste the samples in a WRDO Barrel Selection in a few weeks, though.  Not my favorite, but barrel selections are fun...

Ohio has finally started to get Weller products so I picked up a back up Weller Antique big boy bottle.

5 hours ago, gmiller598 said:

Ohio has finally started to get Weller products so I picked up a back up Weller Antique big boy bottle.

I need to do some hunting then.

I need to do some hunting then.

Many liquor stores in Columbus got a decent shipment in the past several days. I stopped in a place close to my office and they had a couple of cases worth of OWA and WSR each.

I know several others in Columbus have gotten them on various days. I believe this is happening across the state.

1 hour ago, gmiller598 said:

Many liquor stores in Columbus got a decent shipment in the past several days. I stopped in a place close to my office and they had a couple of cases worth of OWA and WSR each.

I know several others in Columbus have gotten them on various days. I believe this is happening across the state.

After work I called my 3 local stores 1st and 2nd store was a no go but the 3rd had 750s of OWA. Headed right over and picked one up. With this being my 1st bottle of any kind of Weller product I couldn't wait to open it.  I'm not very good a reviews or tasting notes so I'll just say this...This bourbon delivers.

• I like it 1

After work I called my 3 local stores 1st and 2nd store was a no go but the 3rd had 750s of OWA. Headed right over and picked one up. With this being my 1st bottle of any kind of Weller product I couldn't wait to open it.  I'm not very good a reviews or tasting notes so I'll just say this...This bourbon delivers.

OWA is one of my favorites and of all of the Wellers. I personally like it the best.
  • I like it 1

ECBP Batch B518, 133.4pf, down here in hot and muggy Florida.  $49.99 + TAX (oh, the horror!).  Just poured a dram and it's wicked good even without the compulsory 10 minute wait time before imbibing.  I think this will be a hit at the Florida Senior Swimming officials' de-briefing sessions . . .

(Emoji still no workee!)

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 3

1 hour ago, GeeTen said:

(Emoji still no workee!)

:) When you open the Emoji window, scroll all the way to the bottom to the emoticon category.  Those are the ones that work. 

17 hours ago, gmiller598 said:

OWA is one of my favorites and of all of the Wellers. I personally like it the best.

Well since i liked my bottle so much went to get another. They have sold out already lucky i got it when i did. Thank you for the heads Up.

• I like it 1

Out and about today and was able to find a back-up bottle of Blood Oath Pact #4 for $95 plus tax. Also couldn't turn down a bottle of Basil Hayden for $35 since I haven't had a bottle in several years.

2 bottles of Murray Hill Club by Joseph Magnus.  We never see any of these up north. Go Nancy!  ????

Edited by GeeTen

Came across this today.  It almost went into the "What did you pass up" thread, but figured it would cost this much if I ever found it in a bar.  At least i get to try 3 or 4 pours...

20180719_160956_crop_485x695.jpg

• I like it 2

Picked up a bottle of my local monger's private pick of RRSB.    A nice balanced WT offering.    :)

I didn't help pick this one (was away when the choosing was done); but, apparently my presence isn't all that important... to anyone but ... me.  HA!

Scored a couple of slightly dusties.  Really didn't NEED either, but 1792RR 8yr ($34+) is the bourbon that got me started, and the JBDS 7yr ($20) is pretty darn good.

20180719_193323.jpg

• I like it 2

17 minutes ago, PowderKeg said:

Scored a couple of slightly dusties.  Really didn't NEED either, but 1792RR 8yr ($34+) is the bourbon that got me started, and the JBDS 7yr ($20) is pretty darn good.

20180719_193323.jpg

Nice pickups, particularly the Beam.  I always found it to be such a cut above White label and superior to 8 yr black label in those days.  7 years just smokes for Beam whiskey IMO, and 90 proof gave it some umpf.  One of the unsung really good bourbons released.  

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.