What Bourbon are you enjoying? (Fall 2018)

kcgumbohead
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just got home from a short and uneventful trip to Topeka Kansas. Sitting down to watch the Arizona vs Colorado football game with a pour of WT 101. My local store sells handles of this stuff for $29. Seems like an incredible bargain and I enjoy this stuff.

• I like it 3

Tried some Chicken Cock 10yr Double-Barrel Bourbon last night, and it left me scratching my head - so I switched gears to WTKS (no head scratching required!)

3 minutes ago, CUfan99 said:

A sample @Mako254 provided; SAOS 10 yr 100 proof. Loved it! Thank you brother! Now settling in by a fire with a 13 yr KCSiB. 

Glad to hear the SAOS was a hit! I love the stuff. 

I’m by the fire too. 101w/ a big ol cube in a yeti tumbler. Essential fire pit kit. 

F0AC7A64-57BA-4975-85AF-421823FBFCA2.jpeg

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, mfly86 said:

IMG_9701.jpg

Had a good day pheasant hunting enjoying some Witherspoon’s from Texas in far away South Dakota.

Somehow I think shooting a drunk pheasant is bad form even if it was drinking Witherspoon's.  Just saying.B)

After a half-day of brush/small tree clearing and hauling (with two guys my age so we equaled about a half a teenager), OGD BIB neat.  OF COURSE!

• I like it 4

16 hours ago, GaryT said:

Tried some Chicken Cock 10yr Double-Barrel Bourbon last night, and it left me scratching my head - so I switched gears to WTKS (no head scratching required!)

I am enjoying a nice pour of WTKS.  I bought a couple of bottles from the local Kroger back in the summer.  I am a WTKS fan and this is one of the better bottles I have had.

• I like it 1

RRSiB.  First pour in a while, my palate has been off, so I have just passed until tonight.  RRSiB always brings it.

Cheers

5 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

This is fantastic

IMG_20181103_193849002.jpg

Just wondering what's with the creepy lantern in the background.  Halloween thing?

6 hours ago, Kepler said:

Just wondering what's with the creepy lantern in the background.  Halloween thing?

Nope, not Halloween, that there is the visage of the "Head of the bourbon family" Basil Hayden. 

y4mvz2l_p3llqyYR5QBMyJpVxoheJMEdsORrgTMq

4 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

Nope, not Halloween, that there is the visage of the "Head of the bourbon family" Basil Hayden. 

Ahh I can see his face better, that's pretty cool.  Not creepy with the light off. I've never seen one of those but I like it.

• I like it 1

On 11/3/2018 at 2:15 AM, 0895 said:

How's that ?

It’s great, halfway through that bottle, have another 2012 on standby. 

Edited by M777

Anyone know if they still make this?Haven't seen any in a while. Looking to restock.
20181102_220441.thumb.jpg.9e28d4f885e222cc5351f49cc46bcfdc.jpg

I heard what used to go in this is now being used for EH Taylor small batch.

IMG_9701.thumb.jpg.94629ad99967c194ebc7d27154d1ab27.jpg

Had a good day pheasant hunting enjoying some Witherspoon’s from Texas in far away South Dakota.

Reminds me of such good times before I blew out my ankle and before my favorite bird dog passed. I think I’ll pop open an EC BP in Winchester Mae’s memory. Miss that dog. Thanks for reminding me just how great those hunts were. Cheers!

On 11/2/2018 at 10:07 PM, Jfletchgu said:

Anyone know if they still make this?Haven't seen any in a while. Looking to restock.

20181102_220441.jpg

Still on the website. Need some? I think i know where a few are

23 hours ago, mfly86 said:

IMG_9701.jpg

Where did you find a picture of me from "that camping trip" ?

I'm pretty sure it was a Heaven Hill bottle though...but I don't really remember.

;)

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 1

5 minutes ago, Obeezy1Kaneezy said:

Really good for the price. 

B8ADB00B-3BD9-41AF-A7DE-677749E43678.jpeg

I agree.  One of my favorite new releases of the last couple years.  

• I like it 1

5 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

I agree.  One of my favorite new releases of the last couple years.  

They don’t sell it in my state.  Picked up two bottles on my last pilgrimage to the mother land.  Headed back with a few guys next weekend for another three day trip.  (We have a private BT hard hat tour I’m pretty excited about.) I’m going to grab another couple while I’m there.  

Side note- Are these sold in just a few states still?  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.