What Bourbon are you enjoying? (Fall 2018)

kcgumbohead
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It’s been an interesting week at work so far. <_<  Looks like a climb up the Weller ladder is in order this evening.  Happy Hump Day everyone! :mellow:

Biba! Joe

I finished off a bottle of Widow Jane 10y tonight. Not bad juice.

E9D437A0-8FCF-49EB-8D83-64B7E780C69F.jpeg

Edited by LCWoody

Some Baker's at the hotel bar. It's been a while since I've had this one. Better than I remember. 

20181108_211514-784x1613.jpg

• I like it 1

Last night away from home. I packed away the Glencairn, so I went with the porcelain as tonight's drinking vessel. 1792 isn't in my wheelhouse, but I do enjoy this one. 

20181108_202101.jpg

20 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Some Baker's at the hotel bar. It's been a while since I've had this one. Better than I remember. 

20181108_211514-784x1613.jpg

It has it's own cult around here, join us....

• I like it 2

Had a craving for WT tonight and went with these two. I'm in 101 proof heaven!

WT.jpg

• I like it 6

On 11/7/2018 at 8:08 PM, LCWoody said:

I finished off a bottle of Widow Jane 10y tonight. Not bad juice.

E9D437A0-8FCF-49EB-8D83-64B7E780C69F.jpeg

What batch is that BM Reserve behind it and how is it?

16 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

It has it's own cult around here, join us....

It was like a very elegant Knob Creek without the peanuts. Only problem was that 2 pours cost almost as much as a bottle! Expense report took a hit.

• I like it 1

51 minutes ago, Clueby said:

It was like a very elegant Knob Creek without the peanuts. Only problem was that 2 pours cost almost as much as a bottle! Expense report took a hit.

You still in Pittsburgh?  We have plenty of Baker's that comes through.

Enjoyed some 4RYL last night.  I knew I liked it before but this was the first time I really appreciated it as such a steal.  The brown sugar and light mouthfeel are just wonderful.  Plus, it's dirt cheap.

10 hours ago, CUfan99 said:

What batch is that BM Reserve behind it and how is it?

Batch 8 and its very good.

2 hours ago, PhantomLamb said:

You still in Pittsburgh?  We have plenty of Baker's that comes through.

Heading out tonight. Already at the airport. We have it in STL as well. Just was the best of what the bar had to offer. Bartender let me try Wigle bourbon. Yikes.

Weird. Bakers here in central IL usually runs the same as MM or BT in most bars making it the value pour of choice.

Enjoying might be a stretch but having a Jefferson’s Old Rum Cask finish. The first bottle I had of this a couple years ago was delightful. This one is just ok. Nowhere near the rum influence of the other bottle. Could just be my taste buds tonight after a couple illnesses earlier this week.

4 minutes ago, BMartin42 said:

Weird. Bakers here in central IL usually runs the same as MM or BT in most bars making it the value pour of choice.

Hotel bar in downtown. EVERYthing is overpriced. 

So Chicken Cock is releasing at 10 yr 104 proof “limited” edition that I got to try tonight. Pretty mediocre stuff. When GaryT shared the price tag associated with the press sample he got I had to pull my jaw off the floor. Over $200. And silly me I thought the Peerless Rye was jumping the shark. That at least tasted rather impressive. This stuff drinks like a bad barrel of Henry McKenna 10 yr BIB.

• I like it 1

17 minutes ago, BigRich said:

So Chicken Cock is releasing at 10 yr 104 proof “limited” edition that I got to try tonight. Pretty mediocre stuff. When GaryT shared the price tag associated with the press sample he got I had to pull my jaw off the floor. Over $200. And silly me I thought the Peerless Rye was jumping the shark. That at least tasted rather impressive. This stuff drinks like a bad barrel of Henry McKenna 10 yr BIB.

Don't hold back, Large One... Tell us what you REALLY Think!

• I like it 2

I started with a 10 yr BM SiB; chocolaty delicious. Then some RR 6 yr rye which seemed to be the perfect match for what I was feeling tonight. Figs drizzled with honey and a dash of allspice. Yum!

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.