What Bourbon are you enjoying? (Fall 2018)

kcgumbohead
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Having some HM 10y SB, what a great bourbon, when you find the right barrel. 

I hate to say this, but stock up before this is allocated. :blink: 

• I like it 2

33 minutes ago, Kepler said:

SAOS 10yr BP SiB

Not working tomorrow, so going in for more.  Followed up with some Old Ezra 101 7 year.

Now, just poured some Booker's batch B95-C-31.  It's fun going to the real pine wood box Booker's.

• I like it 2

Almost gone. Glad I have another, but most likely will drink the Batch 10 and 12 first/next, save the Batch 6, for quite awhile.

lOnq655.jpg

• I like it 3

Sampled the 10yr Basil Hayden last night, and initial impressions were positive (at 80 proof, still a more delicate/nuanced pour with a bit of chocolate that I don't get in BH along with that orange/citrus spice).  Finished up the night with WTRB, which is the bourbon that when non-bourbon folks ask me what they should be that is good - I NEVER mention (hoping it stays under the radar a little longer!)

Gary, hogging your bourbon knowledge so the uneducated masses keep buying Fireball.  Shame on you. LOL!

• I like it 2

8 hours ago, MTNBourbon said:

Almost gone. Glad I have another, but most likely will drink the Batch 10 and 12 first/next, save the Batch 6, for quite awhile.

Never had batch 6 that I recall, but batch 12 is awesome. It is still my favorite ECBP batch of the ones I've had.

• I like it 2

43 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Gary, hogging your bourbon knowledge so the uneducated masses keep buying Fireball.  Shame on you. LOL!

Hey!!!   ?  Wait a minute!   :o

Ain't Fireball the next Pappy?  ?  That's what a local LS clerk tells me.   ?

I grabbed 4-cases, and expect to flip those puppies in a few months for enough to take a world cruise.  ?

(Note, the above is sarcasm, for those who didn't catch that.  None of it is true.   ...I hope.)

• I like it 2

6 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

Hey!!!   ?  Wait a minute!   :o

Ain't Fireball the next Pappy?  ?  That's what a local LS clerk tells me.   ?

I grabbed 4-cases, and expect to flip those puppies in a few months for enough to take a world cruise.  ?

(Note, the above is sarcasm, for those who didn't catch that.  None of it is true.   ...I hope.)

Rich,  I hope you got the T-shirt with those 4 cases.

image.thumb.png.a59985b10e04ced4e6ea3a444874977c.png

• I like it 3

3 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Rich,  I hope you got the T-shirt with those 4 cases.

image.thumb.png.a59985b10e04ced4e6ea3a444874977c.png

4-of 'em!!!    One with each case!   Dy'a need another... or know anybody who does? 

These are collectible, as well I'm told (and limited release!), so I expect to realize a healthy profit on 'em, as well as on the F'ball!   Maybe two World Cruises?    One here, one on Mars?

• I like it 3

My brother-in-law, undoubtedly the black sheep of my wife's side of the family, actually likes it.  He's getting a T-shirt for Christmas.

57 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

My brother-in-law, undoubtedly the black sheep of my wife's side of the family, actually likes it.  He's getting a T-shirt for Christmas.

I rest my case......

Fireball and Rumchata tastes like cinnamon toast crunch! :) At my company picnic we had Fireball snowcones... which were actually pretty good. 

3 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Fireball and Rumchata tastes like cinnamon toast crunch! :) At my company picnic we had Fireball snowcones... which were actually pretty good. 

Ya know, in general I have no problem with Fireball.  Reminds me of making our own cinnamon flavored toothpicks as kids.  I snicker, of course, when I hear someone say that it’s the “whiskey” they drink, but other than that...I’m good with it.  

• I like it 1

14 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Ya know, in general I have no problem with Fireball.  Reminds me of making our own cinnamon flavored toothpicks as kids.  I snicker, of course, when I hear someone say that it’s the “whiskey” they drink, but other than that...I’m good with it.  

I can honestly say I haven't tried it, but agree.  Hell, I loved that Black Velvet Toasted Caramel Canadian Whiskey that Big Rich had!  I mean - that's not exactly the same thing (I mean, the BVTC is AGE STATED, so it has legitimate "whiskey" cred), but close enough :lol:

Back on topic though - enjoying a big ol' pour of Booker's 2018-4 "Kitchen Table".  Or I think I'm enjoying it.  So sick and tired of my tasters being off most of this month thus far (but deciding that if I don't know, then I AM enjoying it since that's better than the alternative!)  Ha!

Fireball mixed with bourbon at a 1:1 to 1:2 ratio is one of my go-to flask fills for winter activities. Sitting on a chairlift or pausing while XC skiing or fat biking isn’t really a time for thoughtful sipping, and there’s no nose with a flask anyway.

• I like it 1

Me too! I’m not in the mood for it very often, and I cut it with more whiskey when I do drink it, but I do own a bottle...it’s probably been a year or so since I cracked open the cap though. [emoji3]

Even though I don't like Fireball, as long as it keeps making money for Sazerac so they can continue making goodies I do like, I'm OK with it. 

Who'd a thunk they could sell 4.9 million cases of that stuff last year?  https://beveragedynamics.com/2018/04/03/the-fastest-growing-spirit-brands-and-dominant-trends-of-2017/

• I like it 2

4 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

Even though I don't like Fireball, as long as it keeps making money for Sazerac so they can continue making goodies I do like, I'm OK with it. 

Who'd a thunk they could sell 4.9 million cases of that stuff last year?  https://beveragedynamics.com/2018/04/03/the-fastest-growing-spirit-brands-and-dominant-trends-of-2017/

Yeah, I am fine with folks shopping on that end of the aisle while I shop on my end.  I still recall someone buying a grocery cart of Fireball at Kroger on New Years Eve a few years back.  If nothing else, I bet they had a fun party.

I got together with some friends for cigars and bourbon. This was my first go round with RHF, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I brought the 4R SiB, which goes well with a cigar. 

20181219_164805.jpg

• I like it 4

HW Midwinter act 6 scene 1.   It's working much better tonight than the other day when I first opened it.  It's working quite nicely indeed.  My palate or my mood has to be right for finished whiskeys.  This is normally my favorite finished whiskey.

• I like it 1

12 hours ago, Clueby said:

OMG - we're all going to HELL!   ☺️

• I like it 1

Was at a local establishment last night for trivia and although I normally don't like "finished" bourbon I did enjoy a pour of PHC

image.png.fd0abf33d77df5e0cb948114c0b20b56.png

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.