What bourbon are you enjoying (Winter 2018)?

Mako254
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2 hours ago, BigSkyDrams said:

A place I was at yesterday had an entire row of this, but priced at $200... I was pretty disappointed. I’d probably venture somewhat above $100 for a bottle, but that seemed excessive. 

Enjoy it friend! It’s one I’d really like to try.

I bought it two years in a row despite the fact that I didn't think it was any better than Stagg Jr, the first year I bought 1 bottle at $65, the next I bought 2 at $70 and 1 at $80, the next year it was on the shelf at $119 and I almost bit but passed, since I've only seen $199 bottles and I still don't regret passing at $119.

6 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

I bought it two years in a row despite the fact that I didn't think it was any better than Stagg Jr, the first year I bought 1 bottle at $65, the next I bought 2 at $70 and 1 at $80, the next year it was on the shelf at $119 and I almost bit but passed, since I've only seen $199 bottles and I still don't regret passing at $119.

Living in Europe, I would still buy it at $119 ;-))

Will. 

4 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

Living in Europe, I would still buy it at $119 ;-))

Will. 

I'm sure I have paid more for the fine beers made in your country than you pay locally ;) 

• I like it 1

9 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

I'm sure I have paid more for the fine beers made in your country than you pay locally ;) 

Exactly;-))

• I like it 1

I'm sure I have paid more for the fine beers made in your country than you pay locally [emoji6] 

Good point,@Masset1982 you have access to any good Gueuze beers?
  • I like it 2

Friday!!! Yaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

After a work week of doom, I needed to be with an old friend. A LS select version...

20190222_174330.thumb.jpg.cd187f249bce3dca9970fcbfb91cafe4.jpg

This is really quite nice... it’s like a well-dressed Wild Turkey 101 with butter. The 107 proof encapsulates more flavor with elegance vs. brashness. 

E70B4C15-B799-4CE4-8A1D-72F1C3BE18D6.thumb.jpeg.7e19e7780f5e0f396d27e4576636b666.jpeg

• I like it 1

MM46. Not a huge Maker’s fan but decided to try this tonight. 

I hope everyone has a great weekend!  

Finishing up a Blantons store pick from last March since I’ve got three unopened new ones on the shelf. One last lonely pour left...

3 minutes ago, marshall9779 said:

With some hot out of the oven candied pecans. Pretty damn good.
IMG_2355.jpg

For the price, I feel it’s a damn fine pour. Can find it on sale for around $29 now and then. 

• I like it 2

Last pour from a great one. PH11SiB. This bottle shows how outstanding the Heaven Hill mashbill can be. 

Cheers

• I like it 1

Staying with The House of Heaven Hill. 

ECBP 136.0. It has it all, deep color, a myriad of notes and thick viscosity. 

Seriously good. 

Cheers

• I like it 1

22 hours ago, BigSkyDrams said:

A place I was at yesterday had an entire row of this, but priced at $200... I was pretty disappointed. I’d probably venture somewhat above $100 for a bottle, but that seemed excessive. 

Enjoy it friend! It’s one I’d really like to try.

It doesn’t taste exactly the same but Stagg Jr. is pretty damn close and thankfully pretty available at a decent price. 

Okay, StraightBourbonites :

I have decided to show my trust in your judgement by allowing you to pick my pour for tonight.  The rules are as follows:

It has to be in my current stash (listed below).  You get to vote once.  Voting closes at 9 pm tonight.

As some background, I tend to like the sweeter bourbons with strong caramel notes but also like the higher ryes occasionally.

Here is the list for those I drink Neat:

Blantons

Eagle Rare

Buffalo Trace

Willet Pot Still

WT101

WT Rare Breed

WT Kentucky Spirit

Elijah Craig SB

Makers 46

Evan Williams SB

Bookers

Bulleit

Bookers

Four Roses SB

Knob Creek SB

Calumet Farm Single Rack

I also have Pendleton Director’s Reserve for the Canadian votes and for the Rum enthusiasts, a Mt.Gay 1703 and a Mt. Gay XO.

So help me pick a pour before the big wind storm expected tomorrow blows me away.

• I like it 1

7 minutes ago, StarSurfer55 said:

I have decided to show my trust in your judgement by allowing you to pick my pour for tonight.  The rules are as follows:

It has to be in my current stash (listed below).  You get to vote once.  Voting closes at 9 pm tonight.

As some background, I tend to like the sweeter bourbons with strong caramel notes but also like the higher ryes occasionally.

Blantons

Eagle Rare

Buffalo Trace

Willet Pot Still

WT101

WT Rare Breed

WT Kentucky Spirit

Elijah Craig SB

Makers 46

Evan Williams SB

Bookers

Bulleit

Bookers

Four Roses SB

Knob Creek SB

Calumet Farm Single Rack

I also have Pendleton Director’s Reserve for the Canadian votes and for the Rum enthusiasts, a Mt.Gay 1703 and a Mt. Gay XO.

So help me pick a pour before the big wind storm expected tomorrow blows me away.

Booker's

35 minutes ago, StarSurfer55 said:

Blantons

Eagle Rare

Buffalo Trace

Willet Pot Still

WT101

WT Rare Breed

WT Kentucky Spirit

Elijah Craig SB

Makers 46

Evan Williams SB

Bookers

Bulleit

Bookers

Four Roses SB

Knob Creek SB

Calumet Farm Single Rack

Rare Breed

Eagle Rare is always a safe bet.  It doesn't always taste the best, but it always tastes good.  Never had a day where it disagreed with my palate.

• I like it 1

For the price, I feel it’s a damn fine pour. Can find it on sale for around $29 now and then. 

My county has county run liquor stores. They have it priced at $31. Hard to come by but they have a website where you can see store inventory. Pretty much have to get there same day to get any ER once you see that it’s in stock.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.