What bourbon are you enjoying (Winter 2018)?

Mako254
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I’m not 100% sure, but I believe the added Single Barrel designation is because it is a private selection. 

Biba! Joe

I’m not 100% sure, but I believe the added Single Barrel designation is because it is a private selection. 

Biba! Joe

I believe the regular 120 proof 9 year is also a single barrel.

12 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

I believe the regular 120 proof 9 year is also a single barrel.

Yes, the paper labels are identical.  The PS is identified by the metal sticker.

• I like it 2

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 4:44 PM, NDN98 said:

Not technically enjoying it yet, but will be soon.

Did a Scotch tasting at a friend’s house last week. Had a great time and we decided we would do a bourbon tasting at my house tonight. Here is my contribution and others are bringing bottles of ETL, regular Blantons, Bookers 30th, Barterhouse, Rhetoric 25, etc.

Now I just have to find all my Glencairns.IMG_0765.jpg

That's an upscale tasting, right there. I think you need a cover charge!!!

• I like it 2

A new bottle of vermouth means manhattans for the wife tonight. 

I choose WT101 for her and she’s surprised by how good they are (she’s not a big turkey head & usually prefers rye). 

:)

I unfortunately cannot partake this evening, but I did a QC check and they’re pretty darn tasty.

B194CEAE-8883-4593-818B-FAF2D8D45981.jpeg

• I like it 2

Happy Monday. :unsure: Long day at work, plus was busy for a while when I got home. Off the cuff Weller Blend in the glass. FWIW, it’s unmeasured amounts of Weller 12, ps Weller SR, and ps OWA. Sometimes it’s nice to be a whore. ^_^  This is really good. I just might have to combine the remnants of these three bottles. :P

Biba! Joe

On 2/24/2019 at 8:14 PM, BMartin42 said:

Early Times BIB. Can’t say I got the love on my first pour a few weeks ago. Tonight. Wow. I’m impressed. Not available in my state. Wish I had grabbed more than one when I was in MI.

I had the same experience with ET BIB.  However, I did buy my bottle in IL.  So, you may find it here soon.

• I like it 1

Not enough hours in the days so far this week.  But, I’m making time for some OCPR Slope Shoulder.  

A2A67691-89E3-42BF-95AD-F08DB1FEF9AC.jpeg

• I like it 4

Not enough hours in the days so far this week.  But, I’m making time for some OCPR Slope Shoulder.  
A2A67691-89E3-42BF-95AD-F08DB1FEF9AC.thumb.jpeg.4468b06409210fd3ce1cc93d5cbd8026.jpeg

Ah yes, the only bourbon we disagree on more than Beam. [emoji6]

A2A67691-89E3-42BF-95AD-F08DB1FEF9AC.thumb.jpeg.4468b06409210fd3ce1cc93d5cbd8026.jpeg

This be my unicorn, cheers to you and your good taste.

Look at that beautiful bottle of Dickel on the right side of the picture! Of course that Weller Centennial looks really interesting as well!

Pretty decent pour of Stagg Jr. batch 9 to start. Probably stick with barrel proofers tonight. OE7 on deck

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

A2A67691-89E3-42BF-95AD-F08DB1FEF9AC.jpeg

You bastard! :D

B3CBA434-EF64-48D8-A759-D4BFC12B1DE8.thumb.jpeg.5b666ec3f7827137a5e63b501dfe1775.jpegHaving a SP KCSB, so good.

There newer pick is pretty good stuff. Did you get the one from there competition down the road with the Scooby Doo sticker on it?

2 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Huh no Turkey?

Yeah....He's slipping. I don't know him anymore. 

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Huh no Turkey?

Barreled on my birthday. Closest I’ll get to birthday bourbon!

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.