What Bourbon did you purchase today (Winter 2018)

kevinbrink
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

22 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

Ezra 7 BP 

Glad to see that you got one. It has not shown back up here since we chatted. Let me know what you think...

1 hour ago, bayouredd said:

Glad to see that you got one. It has not shown back up here since we chatted. Let me know what you think...

A friend is muling it in for me next week. Thought it would be much more available than it is. Ill let ya know red. Thanks man.

• I like it 1

Do you like store pics? I like store pics. [emoji4]

1468781113_ty(2).thumb.jpg.d731c3aa3649beeb5185cc9ca6938506.jpg

The Weller was not a SP but most or all of the rest are. Two RRs, one a B and the other K. Since I'm not a 4Rs fan I don't know which one that is. Jeff probably knows. [emoji4] The most incredible 1792FP EVER. No really. Courtesy of a popular Germantown LS. I picked up the newest on the floor today-the 10yr+ EC.

Wow, wish I saw inventories like that where I live. Never seen anything like that.
  • I like it 2

Do you like store pics? I like store pics. [emoji4]

The Weller was not a SP but most or all of the rest are. Two RRs, one a B and the other K. Since I'm not a 4Rs fan I don't know which one that is. Jeff probably knows. [emoji4] The most incredible 1792FP EVER. No really. Courtesy of a popular Germantown LS. I picked up the newest on the floor today-the 10yr+ EC.

The BP 4Rs store pick is an OBSF at 58.9% and 8yrs and 9mths old. It is very good...I’ve already bought more than one, and will probably buy more before it’s gone. The other 4Rs store pick is a regular OBSV 100 proof that I haven’t tried. I agree with you, that 1792FP is incredible...I’ve bought a couple, but may need to pick up another before they are gone. I was involved in the pick of the OF “Single Barrel”. I don’t remember if you tasted the samples for that one or not, but it’s very good. The other store picks are all good too!

I’ve heard good things...  Looking forward to cracking this one.  The C917 beside it has been good, but I’ve had better.  I will say that it seems to have opened up a little more & is more enjoyable the last couple times I’ve poured it. 

66B341E7-861A-41EA-AB01-17ED3D58E4FF.jpeg

• I like it 2

Was on the road today. One store I always like to stop had HM 10y a few bucks off so I bought one, went to the truck tried it. It was good enough that I went back and bought 3 more. 

A3744774-719F-4059-B6FA-F166A3F9EB97.thumb.jpeg.b339d3ed54beeb2197fbdb0258d18990.jpeg

• I like it 1

Bottles kept jumping in my cart today. Grabbed a WSR, WTRB, 2x1792 Full Proof, and 3xBuffalo Trace. The 3 BT probably weren’t necessary as I have two family size bottles at home but couldn’t pass at 19.99

• I like it 2

1 minute ago, BMartin42 said:

Bottles kept jumping in my cart today. Grabbed a WSR, WTRB, 2x1792 Full Proof, and 3xBuffalo Trace. The 3 BT probably weren’t necessary as I have two family size bottles at home but couldn’t pass at 19.99

And here I thought the $21.59 I paid for a couple of BT’s a while back was good. :huh:  Nice grabs.

Biba! Joe

Picked up a set of twins, finally!

This SP was supposed to arrive before T-giving. Needless to say that the owners were bummed, not to have it for the holidays. Word was that the gov shut down got em'...

A 12 year barrel with bottles at $32...

20190227_180152.jpg.8817009153d1b43d4c066810dfe1ab7c.jpg

• I like it 7

On 2/25/2019 at 9:41 PM, lcpfratn said:

The BP 4Rs store pick is an OBSF at 58.9% and 8yrs and 9mths old. It is very good...I’ve already bought more than one, and will probably buy more before it’s gone. 

Is it from warehouse  U

North side  , Rick 37 ish?

Edited by 0895

And...grabbed another WSR at the low price. That’s 5 in reserve now. For some reason I don’t feel like it’s enough. I’ll keep buying at <$30/750. 

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, bayouredd said:

This SP was supposed to arrive before T-giving. Needless to say that the owners were bummed, not to have it for the holidays. Word was that the gov shut down got em'...

My local just got two barrels of EC in. They were also supposed to arrive in time for the holidays. We picked them in August of last year.

I don't think the shutdown had anything to do with it. Heaven Hill was just being super slow.

7 hours ago, bayouredd said:

Dadgummit I was just there last week!  I must have missed them by a few days.  I need another EC pick like I need another hole in my head, but 12 years for $32 is a no brainer in these times.  Would love to know what you think about this pick. 

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 4:38 PM, FacePlant said:

Do you like store pics? I like store pics. :)

The Weller was not a SP but most or all of the rest are. Two RRs, one a B and the other K. Since I'm not a 4Rs fan I don't know which one that is. Jeff probably knows. :) The most incredible 1792FP EVER. No really. Courtesy of a popular Germantown LS. I picked up the newest on the floor today-the 10yr+ EC.

Da-umn!

2 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

Wow! I’m amazed those were still available on a shelf somewhere...enjoy!

They mostly went to local bourbon guys at cost.  

• I like it 2

13 minutes ago, AndyD said:

They mostly went to local bourbon guys at cost.  

Way to pay it forward.  I do hope you kept at least a couple in reserve for yourself.  EC12 was one of my real gateways into this bourbon journey, and I fortunately stocked up before it went away.  I still very much enjoy it.

• I like it 1

Was in Bardstown Tuesday to get my oil changed and I decided that a stop at 1792 for a quick tour was in order.  During the tour it was noted that they had 1792 BIB in the gift shop (limit 1 to a customer).  They didn't buy my comment that I have multiple personalities so I came home with only 1.

• I like it 2

Wasnt a purchase, but traded a bottle for this lovely '01 WT101 family size. This Turkey dinner is a butterscotch bomb! Also picked up this week an '18 WT101, & a ECBPa119 (not pictured).

20190227_212923.jpg

• I like it 3

36 minutes ago, Curtis Reed said:

Finally found the OF Rye

Let us know how it is, eh?    The mashbill is intriguing... fairly high rye, and fairly high malted barley as well.   Should be interesting (I hope).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.