What Bourbon did you purchase today (Winter 2018)

kevinbrink
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 2/13/2019 at 1:41 PM, Double C's said:

Found this guy during lunch collecting dust on the shelf. Since I have never had it I only grabbed one of them off the shelf. 

image.png.1bcb3dd323be6aa956fe3994f998db8d.png

On 2/13/2019 at 1:48 PM, FasterHorses said:

go back and get a few more for the bunker. it's great

It's the closest thing to HH6BiB I've tasted. I think it might be better.

2 hours ago, Kepler said:

It's the closest thing to HH6BiB I've tasted. I think it might be better.

bingo. 

better.

On 2/9/2019 at 11:50 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

I do have to say that is in the back of my mind brother. :mellow:

Biba! Joe

Me too but OGD BIB is still reasonable and plentiful. But if things really get then there's always VOB BIB to fall back on. :)

Saw this last night at a bottle shop where everything was over priced. On sale for 30 bucks! Last one on the shelf, too. Wheee!

20190216_093227.jpg

• I like it 14

I’m new here, and fairly new to bourbon. This time a year ago, I could walk in and grab a Blantons or BT off the shelf. The tap running a bit dry on those choices landed me here researching alternatives. 

Its been a busy weekend. Not pictured: Several bottles of Eagle Rare, a couple BT, and an EH Taylor Single Barrel. 

AB4A7639-D54E-476C-BCB4-4298D68EA23B.jpeg

Edited by Supercharger
  • I like it 1

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Found a honey hole with a dozen or so bottles of WT 101 with LL/GI codes. 

Have you tried the LL/GI batch yet?  If so, is is good.  I have two of the LL/GH and they are great!

12 minutes ago, Carnagusfarnbuckler said:

Have you tried the LL/GI batch yet?  If so, is is good.  I have two of the LL/GH and they are great!

The LL/GJ bottle I have is great as well. 

11 minutes ago, Charlutz said:

Breaking: WT101 is good whiskey. 

Has been for a pretty good while.

• I like it 6

On 1/26/2019 at 5:19 PM, JvW said:

Eating my words for not buying anymore Bourbon this year, but heard too many good things about this...good luck to their operation.

IMG_2796.thumb.JPG.e7c758562cfe5ef2a4bdd8b36f562ca6.JPG

For a new Distiller this a solid pour, good nose and great palette (one can tell it's a young Bourbon, but can't wait to try it in 4-6 more years); the presentation of the bottle is very nice and the ABV is on the money.  Overall great product and I will buy again.

• I like it 1

I took a road trip to Atlanta last week and did some hunting. I was finally able to get over to Five Points in Athens, GA and got some KCSB (x5) and an OBSV store pick there, and found some other 4R picks (OESV, OESK, OESO, OBSF) in GA and TN. I saw at least 3 other 4R picks out there but they were OESQ or OBSQ, and I don't really like the Q yeast ones, I left them on the shelf.

The Belle Meade is a cask strength cognac finish, and the Barrell is the Dovetail whiskey release. I also got 3 Delord Armagnac vintages (1985, 1989, and 1997).

IMG_8570.JPG

Edited by silverc
  • I like it 8

2 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Has been for a pretty good while.

I am with you but I will say recent bottles seem to better than in the past few years.

• I like it 1

I grabbed a single bottle of KC NAS.  Nothing special in most opinions, a ubiquitous bottle available even in the lowest of low dive bars.  However, I really dig it and well respected in these parts (SB.com) for good reason.  I also like the price as a local chain has it on sale for $19.99.  Even as a NAS bottle, I still get the solid cherry Smith Brothers cough drop and oak flavor.

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 1

Last W107 buy before price goes up. I’m not a buyer at $50. Store pick maybe, but no longer something I would seek out anymore.  Took a flyer on the Bulliet. 

3A77F0FC-4898-4091-856A-7D4C8667F9DF.jpeg

Edited by Bob_Loblaw
  • I like it 5

I took a road trip to Atlanta last week and did some hunting. I was finally able to get over to Five Points in Athens, GA and got some KCSB (x5) and an OBSV store pick there, and found some other 4R picks (OESV, OESK, OESO, OBSF) in GA and TN. I saw at least 3 other 4R picks out there but they were OESQ or OBSQ, and I don't really like the Q yeast ones, I left them on the shelf.

The Belle Meade is a cask strength cognac finish, and the Barrell is the Dovetail whiskey release. I also got 3 Delord Armagnac vintages (1985, 1989, and 1997).

IMG_8570.thumb.JPG.d50d19903884c4327ece8061f4de97c6.JPG

I think your back patio shots of your pick ups are some of my favorite pictures on here.
  • I like it 2

15 hours ago, JvW said:

For a new Distiller this a solid pour, good nose and great palette (one can tell it's a young Bourbon, but can't wait to try it in 4-6 more years); the presentation of the bottle is very nice and the ABV is on the money.  Overall great product and I will buy again.

Dozens in, and I’ve yet to find a craft bourbon that even remotely approaches intro level Evan Williams Black in quality.   Some good reviews of this are tempting me to try this.  Perhaps, New Riff will break the drought.  It’s on the shopping list, now.  

• I like it 1

I know most aren’t thrilled with this Collection but I am quite fond of it.  It’s just fun that it’s somewhat of an LE and I now have all three. W.B. Saffell!  One for drinking and one for my collection. 

EDC3D0EA-2E28-4E22-96D2-DAB98FDFCF89.jpeg

Edited by Limegoldconvertible68
Correct misspelled word
  • I like it 2

Walked out of the store last Friday not wanting to spend $50 on this. Wife says let's go on Monday and if there is still some there get a bottle. Well it was still there. She talked me into it. ?

_YynF-pRkbjE4RmOkSb8dE1fBvyqEXSZYOlwSwbJ

• I like it 1

Based on a few responses here and the fact that I liked how it tasted, I decided to go back today and rescue the 2 remaining bottles I left on the shelf last week. They will be much happier in their new home.

image.png.1243d8b707a0cd6db851d99478c7c728.png 

• I like it 5

5 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

A very good day!

8DA6B5E1-D9FF-47A5-AE90-9A0995678FE7.thumb.jpeg.d4a93ac91503965e0806aeb2ba4c1417.jpeg

Will.

Those 13s are a bit low proof for you these days, no? ;)

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.