What Bourbon did you purchase today (Winter 2018)

kevinbrink
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

6 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Assuming you’re not paying a big premium I would totally pick this up.

It was $53 for a 1.75, so no premium paid compared to what the current bottle costs around here.

• I like it 2

13 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

Probably could have left this one on the shelf but I'm a sucker for older labels

y4mIen4ONks0sEhkM1zRCSvEyrVv-WYFBdcQ7tIW

Cool. I would have grabbed it too.  In fact I did a couple  years ago - I have one of those but it's a 750 and it came in a tin can.  Reminds me of my dear late dad, he was not much of a drinker but kept a bourbon bottle or two in the cabinet and this was one of his last open bottles. 

• I like it 1

On 3/8/2019 at 6:41 PM, Adam777 said:

Had to seek out more of the ECBP “A” batch which is awesome. Also 1792 FP Ohio store pick was available today at 9. I got one of the last ones around 9:45. Sorry pourimgwhiskey, but I’m sure you will love the ECBP!

0BC63368-63AA-424A-B875-7F9FE3EA5390.jpeg

I'm a little jealous you were able to get both (see my post above).

Edit: I didn't see you referenced me there, I am thoroughly enjoying the ECBP though! It doesn't come around here often, even with that in mind I had 4 glasses over the weekend, I've already begun looking for more! 

Edited by pouringwhiskey
  • I like it 2

A 375 for vacation. Didn’t feel like spending $18 for MM or anything so got this Florida local for $12. No sure why it says Kentucky.
IMG_2431.jpg

59 minutes ago, markandrex said:

On the way home, 

81C97387-EBB3-4264-B145-27DB1E721BE8.thumb.jpeg.3f629d11755413ebf7f220941607b867.jpeg

Nice Bourbon, for sure, and freebie 'extras' that will no doubt be useful... Good for you marandrex!

1 hour ago, markandrex said:

On the way home, 

Wish I had a dollar for every time I said that.  :D

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

16 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

Thats pretty much every purchase of mine. 

Grabbed a New Riff Rye and a Old Elk on the way home tonight, in fact. At about $40/ea, figured I’d give them a shot at being a different profile on the shelf. 

47 minutes ago, JoeTerp said:

Got this one today.

IMG_0797.jpg

Please let me know what you think of that one.  I know where I can get one, but hesitating based on price.

19 hours ago, marshall9779 said:

A 375 for vacation. Didn’t feel like spending $18 for MM or anything so got this Florida local for $12. No sure why it says Kentucky.
IMG_2431.jpg

I would assume they the bourbon in the bottle from Kentucky, a 5 year old Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey can't be too bad

Long time drinker, first time poster.

Nothing spectacular, but I bought 4 new bottles over the past week:

1. Old Forester Rye.
  2. 1792 Bottled in Bond (#9 on Whiskey Advocate's Top 20 of 2018).
  3. Cooper's Craft.  This isn't distributed in Michigan so I purchased a bottle while in Ohio over the weekend.
  4. George Remus.  This isn't distributed in Michigan either, so I bought this along with the Cooper's Craft.

• I like it 1

The Jack with honey was on sale $5 off for $19.99 and the Mary Hite Bowman Caramel Bourbon Cream was $19.99.

IMG_0226.JPG

21 hours ago, Supercharger said:

Thats pretty much every purchase of mine. 

Grabbed a New Riff Rye and a Old Elk on the way home tonight, in fact. At about $40/ea, figured I’d give them a shot at being a different profile on the shelf. 

Was just looking at the Old Elk today.  I really like the bottle.....  Ended up picking up Bowman Brothers instead.

1. Old Forester Rye.
  3. Cooper's Craft.  This isn't distributed in Michigan so I purchased a bottle while in Ohio over the weekend.
  4. George Remus.  This isn't distributed in Michigan either, so I bought this along with the Cooper's Craft.

Welcome to SB land. That OF rye is nice and for the price and availability I really can’t complain.

I’m not a Barton guy but that’s just me so no comment on the 1792.

Haven’t heard much positive on the Cooper’s Craft.

I’m really interested in the Remus. I think MGP does great stuff and curious about a house brand. Does it have an age on it? I’d probably pick it up if I saw it here and it priced alright.

The Jack with honey was on sale $5 off for $19.99 and the Mary Hite Bowman Caramel Bourbon Cream was $19.99.
IMG_0226.thumb.JPG.0defc455a1ae3af691574f7903c5d356.JPG

I’m ready for retirement and bourbon cream in my coffee.

6 hours ago, digonline said:

1. Old Forester Rye.

Welcome to the board!  Where in The Mitten State do you reside, digonline?

Don't get your hopes up too high on that Cooper's Craft.   The 1792 BIB is excellent stuff, if a bit overpriced.   The OF Rye is OK, if  a bit unique.

That Remus is one I wanted to try; but have to get the opportunity.  Let us know what you think of it.

22 hours ago, callingtom said:

Please let me know what you think of that one.  I know where I can get one, but hesitating based on price.

I’ve got a pretty long backlog so it may be a while. 

4 hours ago, DCFan said:

IMG_0226.JPG

I’m a big fan of the MHB. Curious to how you think it compares to others. 

Picked up 2 ECBP B517’s. They’ve showed up in NJ again for some reason. 

• I like it 3

2 hours ago, afmadd said:

Was just looking at the Old Elk today.  I really like the bottle.....  Ended up picking up Bowman Brothers instead.

Call me a sucker for the story (Greg Metze from MGP, “Slow Cut” distilling, unique high barley mash bill), but I figured it’d be an interesting taste test. If nothing else, I’ll sand the logo off the cork and use it as a decanter.  

Today was a nice day on the hunt. I ended up with a bottle of FRPS Single Barrel OBSV, SB BT, and 2 ECSB that are 12yr old. Happy to have these additions to the bunker that is for sure. Thankfully it is only Tuesday.

• I like it 1

I picked up a KCSiB SP that Gurgalunas gave a tip on. 14 YO at about $43. Liquor department manager gave me a small sip in a paper cup before I left the register and it's good, really good. The bottle has a date on Saturday for quality control purposes. Too much rain and too many barometric pressure changes right now due to a nasty front passing through here for a thorough analysis.

• I like it 1

19 hours ago, Supercharger said:

Call me a sucker for the story (Greg Metze from MGP, “Slow Cut” distilling, unique high barley mash bill), but I figured it’d be an interesting taste test. If nothing else, I’ll sand the logo off the cork and use it as a decanter.  

I do like MGP.  Let us know how it is!

On 3/11/2019 at 7:23 PM, markandrex said:

On the way home, 

On 3/11/2019 at 8:55 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

One time I stopped at a store after work. I posted here that I stopped at a store and bought a bottle “on my way home from work”. Later on, I received a pm from Vosgar. He knew where I stopped. I have CRS disease, so I can’t say for certain exactly what he said, but it was something like this: “Did you take the long way home or what? That store is nowhere close to being on your way home from work.”  What can I say? :unsure: 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 5

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.