What Bourbon did you purchase today (Winter 2018)

kevinbrink
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Local store ordered some Old Ezra Barrel Strength for me. $35 out the door. Will probably have a pour shortly. 

1 minute ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Local store ordered some Old Ezra Barrel Strength for me. $35 out the door. Will probably have a pour shortly. 

That's a buck cheaper than I paid & I thought it was worth it...

14 hours ago, KyleCBreese said:

First time seeing 1792BIB in NJ. Got

it for $30, as I think they priced it at the regular small batch price. 

I think I paid $35 last year.

Found this guy during lunch collecting dust on the shelf. Since I have never had it I only grabbed one of them off the shelf. 

image.png.1bcb3dd323be6aa956fe3994f998db8d.png

• I like it 1

5 minutes ago, Double C's said:

Found this guy during lunch collecting dust on the shelf. Since I have never had it I only grabbed one of them off the shelf. 

image.png.1bcb3dd323be6aa956fe3994f998db8d.png

go back and get a few more for the bunker. it's great

• I like it 2

35 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

go back and get a few more for the bunker. it's great

I will make that determination tonight when I crack this baby open after work. 

I picked up an Elijah Craig Small Batch "8 year old Single Barrel" selected for New Hanover County ABC's, a George Dickel 9 year old Single Barrel Selection for New Hanover County ABC, and a 375 bottle of Conviction Barrel Proof Bourbon. It's a craft distillery here in NC, but it keeps getting positively reviewed. I was always leery of dropping $45 on a full size, so when I saw a 375 I thought I'd take a chance. Especially looking forward to the Dickel 9yr Single Barrel. The first  bottle I've had from them outside of their core expressions (no. 8, no. 12, and Select).

• I like it 3

Picked up a Binnys Pick willett family estate 6 year bourbon ($99) and binnys pick Weller 107 ($29). I cracked open the Willett last night...it’s good, oily, not too hot but quite complex for the age - not a great value at $99 but it’s not everyday I can get store pick single barrel willetts

On 2/12/2019 at 10:40 PM, Seasick Sailor said:

That's a pretty good price in my opinion, I paid closer to $45 after tax here in Ohio. 

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, pouringwhiskey said:

That's a pretty good price in my opinion, I paid closer to $45 after tax here in Ohio. 

I tried it for the first time last night. It's a good pour at $35. At $45-$50 though, I'd rather pick up a bottle of Rare Breed or certain batches of Stagg Jr.  

• I like it 2

WT 101 with an LL/GI date code.  I'm starting to agree there really is something to these fall 2018 bottled turkeys that is very very good.

and

Jack Daniel's Single Barrel Heritage Barrel.  Not because I wanted one, but because I'm weak.  It was never on my radar but when I spied one lone bottle there on the shelf, that's the moment I became a sucker.

Edited by miller542

WT 101 with a LL/GI date code.  I'm starting to agree there really is something to these fall 2018 bottled turkeys that is very very good.
and
Jack Daniel's Single Barrel Heritage Barrel.  Not because I wanted one, but because I'm weak.  It was never on my radar but when I spied one lone bottle there on the shelf, that's the moment I became a sucker.

I don’t think you were a sucker at all for picking up that JD Heritage Barrel...it’s really good!
  • I like it 1

9 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

I don’t think you were a sucker at all for picking up that JD Heritage Barrel...it’s really good!

After getting it home and opening it, I agree.  I'm not a JD fan, but I do have a Single Barrel Barrel Proof open and the Heritage Barrel is tasting even better.  Fuller, fatter, more complete, less hot, not sure exactly how to describe it but the Heritage is darn good, turns out I might not be a sucker this time.  I'm still anchored mentally in the $20-$30 range for buying liquor so $65 is still a lot.

• I like it 2

28 minutes ago, miller542 said:

After getting it home and opening it, I agree.  I'm not a JD fan, but I do have a Single Barrel Barrel Proof open and the Heritage Barrel is tasting even better.  Fuller, fatter, more complete, less hot, not sure exactly how to describe it but the Heritage is darn good, turns out I might not be a sucker this time.  I'm still anchored mentally in the $20-$30 range for buying liquor so $65 is still a lot.

If your going to splurge you might as well grab a winner, it's easily in my top 5 from last year. 

• I like it 2

Managed to add 2 bottles to the bunker today. Yet another bottle of ECBP C918. I'm beginning to think this was a huge release as I am still find bottles which is surprising considering how good it was. I also added a bottle of WSR for good measure. This was a consolation prize as I had to pass on some W107 to get it.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_240.thumb.jpg.e19e7d3174a5ffcddba78661b093af04.jpg

Jewbilee bottle arrived in the mail today and picked up the 107 on the way home from work. 

25 year light whiskey from MGP seems intriguing. Is that one of 250 bottles from cask 3 or multiple casks?

8 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

25 year light whiskey from MGP seems intriguing. Is that one of 250 bottles from cask 3 or multiple casks?

One of 250 bottles from Cask #3. I sampled it at the Chicago Jewbilee and was quite nice. But then again, I haven't been let down yet by SCN.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.