What Bourbon did you purchase today (Winter 2018)

kevinbrink
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I snagged a couple bottles of Johnny Drum.  I was pleasantly surprised by the first bottle, that I bought a few months ago.

What did each set you back, if I might ask?   I'm pretty curious about the BIB.

Fifty bucks each, limited quantity. My understanding is this is the first bib. Keep in mind these are 350ml, so it is pricey. I haven’t cracked it open yet, so I can’t tell you if it’s really worth it or not.

21 hours ago, afmadd said:

Elijah Craig Barrel Proof A119.  Tried a small pour, palate off today but will return to it soon.

Love to hear your thoughts on this one. Haven't seen the A119 near me yet. Dipped into my bottle C918 this weekend. 

• I like it 1

I know Dickel is not everyone's bag but I'm a fan glad to find a couple of these.

y4mwgCMlBm19J3Ikrj6m-E-xIR7eCud7ij_PoYNL

I will say "America's Premier Artisan Merchant Bottler" is a bold claim, I'd probably consider Barrell or High West to be the current holders of that crown particularly because they aren't known for mostly just bottling MGP.  Before that it would probably be tough to make that claim if you weren't Willett. 

• I like it 2

10 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

I know Dickel is not everyone's bag but I'm a fan glad to find a couple of these.

I will say "America's Premier Artisan Merchant Bottler" is a bold claim, I'd probably consider Barrell or High West to be the current holders of that crown particularly because they aren't known for mostly just bottling MGP.  Before that it would probably be tough to make that claim if you weren't Willett. 

It is a highly questionable claim, but let’s not pretend that High West isn’t also in the MGP business. They bottle plenty of MGP. And they’re essentially out of the old Barton juice that they made some of their “artisan merchant bottler” reputation with. 

• I like it 1

22 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

What did these cost you? I'm curious about the MSRP. I may try one if it's $70 or less, but I fear they are closer too $100.  The 13 year single barrel of Old Scout MGP I got in December from the gift shop was $125, so the prices on stuff is getting really ridiculous.

• I like it 2

3 minutes ago, silverc said:

What did these cost you? I'm curious about the MSRP. I may try one if it's $70 or less, but I fear they are closer too $100.  The 13 year single barrel of Old Scout MGP I got in December from the gift shop was $125, so the prices on stuff is getting really ridiculous.

I believe retail is $65, I bought them in NYC so they were priced a bit higher at $75, they should be showing up in NJ as well, I'll probably pick one up if I see a different barrel. 

2 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

I believe retail is $65, I bought them in NYC so they were priced a bit higher at $75, they should be showing up in NJ as well, I'll probably pick one up if I see a different barrel. 

Wow, $65 is not bad for a 13 year single barrel at nearly cask strength. Maybe I will pick up one or two of them if I see them available at that price. Thanks for the info!

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Wow, my place never even got the C918 batch!  

distribution is a funny thing.  Virginia used to be about 7 months behind release on ECBP, but they've been very early for the past few releases.

7 hours ago, Bambam said:

Finally. My dry streak ended on Pappy.

Retail. I love life right now. Lol

612F42E5-E214-4D28-8A7D-F9E75A9BA983.jpeg

OK.  Who’s gonna break it to him...? ;)

• I like it 2

19 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

OK.  Who’s gonna break it to him...? ;)

If the 25 is called Old Rip, don’t say the “it doesn’t say pappy on it” thing lol. I’m not a noob but I’m still counting it haha. 

Edited by Bambam

2 minutes ago, Bambam said:

If the 25 is called Old Rip, don’t say the “it doesn’t say pappy on it” thing lol. I’m not a noob but I’m still counting it haha. 

Welp......

Someone asked Julian Van Winkle if it was appropriate to refer to Old Rip and Lot B as Pappy. He responded, does it say Pappy anywhere on the label?

So there you have it right from the source.

9 minutes ago, flahute said:

Welp......

Someone asked Julian Van Winkle if it was appropriate to refer to Old Rip and Lot B as Pappy. He responded, does it say Pappy anywhere on the label?

So there you have it right from the source.

Like I said...I know which ones are “real” Pappy. But I’m still counting it. 

Julian doesn’t have to hunt for it like we do ?

Edited by Bambam

Just now, Bambam said:

Like I said...I know which ones are “real” Pappy. But I’m still counting it. 

Julian doesn’t have to hunt for it like we do ?

I truly understand your excitement at finding one - I've been there. You can call it whatever you want. Just understand that if you do you put yourself in the position of being taken less seriously.

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 9:16 PM, afmadd said:

Elijah Craig Barrel Proof A119.  Tried a small pour, palate off today but will return to it soon.

Picked up a bottle of this here in Columbia for 50 bucks about a week ago.  Haven't seen any reviews yet, nor have I tasted mine.  Interested to hear what your impression is.

20 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Havent seen any C918 in chicagoland yet. For some reason it always seems to get here late.

1 hour ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

Havent seen any C918 in chicagoland yet. For some reason it always seems to get here late.

No sightings of the ECBP C918 around here in Beantown yet, either.  I had to get my case "muled" up from North Carolina!?!   ☺️

• I like it 1

I haven’t been buying much lately but could turn down a new 10.5 year OESK today. Because I’m human and all

• I like it 3

Purchased as a lot, Blanton's, Lock Stock & Barrel 16 Y.O., Lagavulin Distiller's Edition and Highland Park 15, for a grand total of $325.  Don't care for the Highland Park, but maybe that's a re-gift (shhhh... don't tell anyone).

• I like it 1

I haven't purchased anything. Yet. ;) I will be attending a charity tasting/raffle this evening along with a few "others". Hopefully the weather doesn't get to crappy this evening. :mellow: Lady luck was with me at this event last year. I'll try and post something later on this evening regardless of whether or not she's good to me again this year. :)

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

On 2/6/2019 at 3:09 PM, Bob_Loblaw said:

6 hours ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

5 hours ago, GeeTen said:

No sightings of the ECBP C918 around here in Beantown yet, either.  I had to get my case "muled" up from North Carolina!?!   ☺️

Its one of the few things we got plenty of last year.

3C6DD984-2DB2-4957-BAD3-D3BED7FEB2E5.thumb.jpeg.51602a0212fa80f74c474cb281e065a2.jpeg

Edited by LCWoody
  • I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.