What Bourbon did you purchase today (Winter 2018)

kevinbrink
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Its one of the few things we got plenty of last year.
3C6DD984-2DB2-4957-BAD3-D3BED7FEB2E5.thumb.jpeg.51602a0212fa80f74c474cb281e065a2.jpeg

And the ugly face of jealousy just showed up in my house. Only EVER managed 3 ECBPs and two of them came from the HH gift shop.

20 minutes ago, BMartin42 said:

And the ugly face of jealousy just showed up in my house. Only EVER managed 3 ECBPs and two of them came from the HH gift shop.

Where I'm at in VA we didn't get near that much, just six bottles per store.  I ran in Monday to get one, but I didn't need to hurry - hardly any has sold so far. 

On 2/5/2019 at 7:32 PM, Seasick Sailor said:

Love to hear your thoughts on this one. Haven't seen the A119 near me yet. Dipped into my bottle C918 this weekend. 

I haven't returned to it yet - to be honest it's a bit intimidating for a beginner.  It is a huge whiskey, >67%.  Really thick mouthfeel, far thicker than anything else I've had.  Caramel and oak.  I'll have it again soon.

Its one of the few things we got plenty of last year.
3C6DD984-2DB2-4957-BAD3-D3BED7FEB2E5.thumb.jpeg.51602a0212fa80f74c474cb281e065a2.jpeg

Ha yup can confirm, I seen this display with me own eyes. However back in Houston I haven’t seen it on the shelf in almost two years.
  • I like it 1

Lady Luck was still with me tonight.  :D One of my tickets was drawn for the OWA, and Vosgar brought me a Weller SR. I had a fun evening with Vosgar, Galvin0791, and another friend of ours John. 

I have a feeling there could be more of Joe's 2018 Weller Blend on the way. ;)

Biba! Joe

nrw.jpeg

• I like it 3

6 hours ago, robertckim said:

Purchased as a lot, Blanton's, Lock Stock & Barrel 16 Y.O., Lagavulin Distiller's Edition and Highland Park 15, for a grand total of $325.  Don't care for the Highland Park, but maybe that's a re-gift (shhhh... don't tell anyone).

You know I just happen to wear a size 750ml, make sure you gift wrap it before you send it my way, it is a gift after all. ;) A jokes aside enjoy your haul 

• I like it 2

11 hours ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

Havent seen any C918 in chicagoland yet. For some reason it always seems to get here late.

Wow. Lots of places are starting to see A119 hitting the shelf. I would guess it has come and gone by now. Of course I didn't expect to still see a bottle of C918 on the shelf here in NH last week either. I know one thing, I see a case of A119 in my future that is for sure. I have thirsty friends and fellow SBers to take care of!!?

I thought the window of opportunity had slammed shut on this, but it appears to be just now showing up in SC. 

9B705F98-A2CF-4A13-913F-00E1C4F07C50.jpeg

• I like it 8

I thought the window of opportunity had slammed shut on this, but it appears to be just now showing up in SC. 
9B705F98-A2CF-4A13-913F-00E1C4F07C50.thumb.jpeg.ac5f26829e32747d610793771e87a575.jpeg

Congrats! I think you will really like it. I was able to snag a few, but I wish I had opened my first bottle and tasted it as soon as I got it...I might have been able to snag a few more.
  • I like it 2

4 hours ago, CUfan99 said:

9B705F98-A2CF-4A13-913F-00E1C4F07C50.jpeg

I haven’t seen this at all in Maryland. I keep looking and hoping though!!

Picked up a Barrell batch #17.  I've enjoyed all of the ones I've had and haven't gotten any of the latest ones so thought I would pull the trigger on the 17.  Need to open it up soon.

12 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

Congrats! I think you will really like it. I was able to snag a few, but I wish I had opened my first bottle and tasted it as soon as I got it...I might have been able to snag a few more.

I wasn’t planning to open this anytime soon, but I’m easily influenced, so after reading your reply I uncorked it. This has a lot going on, but the signature JD banana note is front and center. It’s very good. 

• I like it 1

Was down on the Gulf, so I picked up a few things at one of my favorite stores.  Buddy picked me up the PLP8’s in TN for $38 ea. 

F1D52730-0B17-436D-A665-94D870D08BF8.jpeg

Was hoping to find an bottle of the new batch of ECBP. Struck out on that, but I left with a RR10. 

I really don’t need any more bourbon, but like any number of folks here, I just find it hard to pass up a good deal or something different. After a busy day at home, my wife and I had some grocery shopping to do. I have to say that I was slightly surprised to see BT on the shelf at our local Sam’s Club. Over the years, this is only the third time I’ve seen it there. It was priced at $27.99, and I was gonna pass on it because I bought a couple a while back at another store that had/has it on sale for $21.59. However, after taking a closer look, I noticed that these were liter bottles. :o The only place around here I’d ever seen liters of BT before was at a bar. Even though I have plenty of BT, one came home with me. What can I say?  :unsure:  Whiskeyrexia Nervosa maybe?  

Biba! Joe

• I like it 6

15 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Even though I have plenty of BT, one came home with me. What can I say? 

We're getting close to retirement, Joe. That means stock up on the stuff you like while you're still getting a paycheck!

• I like it 3

18 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

We're getting close to retirement, Joe. That means stock up on the stuff you like while you're still getting a paycheck!

I do have to say that is in the back of my mind brother. :mellow:

Biba! Joe

50 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I really don’t need any more bourbon, but like any number of folks here, I just find it hard to pass up a good deal or something different. After a busy day at home, my wife and I had some grocery shopping to do. I have to say that I was slightly surprised to see BT on the shelf at our local Sam’s Club. Over the years, this is only the third time I’ve seen it there. It was priced at $27.99, and I was gonna pass on it because I bought a couple a while back at another store that had/has it on sale for $21.59. However, after taking a closer look, I noticed that these were liter bottles. :o The only place around here I’d ever seen liters of BT before was at a bar. Even though I have plenty of BT, one came home with me. What can I say?  :unsure:  Whiskeyrexia Nervosa maybe?  

Biba! Joe

Don't know that I've seen liters. Plenty of 750s and 1.75s around though.

I admit I have a fondness for BT, and buffalos in general. With my purchase yesterday of a liter bottle of BT, I thought I'd post a picture of my "herd". I'm also posting a few buffalo pics from a number of places. Hey, I got a crap ton of stuff done yesterday, so I'm just kicking back and relaxing today. Besides, we're staying in today. It's snowing here yet again. <_< I hope y'all enjoy the pics.

Biba! Joe

Pic#1. The herd in my cabinet. You may notice that I have a few open. One is a regular BT, and two are ps's. One of the ps's is decanted from the handle. And yes, there was only coffee in my BT mug. ^_^

Pic#2. A herd of buffalo at Yellowstone National Park.

Pic#3. Not a herd, but this big boy was walking done the road as we came around a curve. This is also at Yellowstone National Park.

Pic#4. A few buffalo along the roadside in Custer State Park South Dakota.

Pic#5. A herd of buffalo at Wind Cave National Park South Dakota. 

Pic#6. A herd of buffalo at Nachusa Grasslands right here in northern Illinois. These buffalo were brought here back in 2014, and we've visited there at least once or twice a year every since. Nachusa Grasslands is only about 45 minutes from where I live. 

herd1.jpeg

herd2.jpeg

herd3.jpeg

herd4.jpeg

herd5.jpeg

herd6.jpeg

• I like it 3

The small farm just behind my subdivision had several buffalo (American bison) for a period of time. At the most I think there were 4 including a calf. I used to feed them my grass clippings. They would come to the fence as soon as they heard the lawn mower start up. One of the 2 big bulls named Ray Ray also loved peppermint candy. The problem was they kept escaping and they could be a danger in a subdivision with little kids running around. Ray Ray and Cowboy got out a few too many times. They got the local news crew here and they were filming literally in my yard. It didn't end up well for the buffalo the final time as they weren't able to herd them home and they got a few miles away.

Picked up another bottle of my favorite store's Four Roses OESV 10Y 6M 112.6 proof, and a bottle of the ECBP C918.  I have not tried any of the 2018 ECPB batches, so the bottle will be opened shortly and held accountable to see if it was worth it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.