What Bourbon did you purchase today (Winter 2018)

kevinbrink
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

For a 1.5-ounce sample bottle? On the good side, at least they are available. Van Winkle at $10 per ounce?

On 3/26/2019 at 5:06 AM, Masset1982 said:

B4818FC1-BDA1-4CB9-844F-5728F84EFD58.thumb.jpeg.2694c826870253ed2f44cffcc9afc749.jpeg

First European OWA store pick ever, I have a second coming in, so I’m gonna open this one tonight. 

Will.

Is that a 70 mL bottle??  ?

Local ABC store had a miniscule $5 off “sale”.. Picked up the KC SmB and Woodford.. The JB Repeal was cheap enough and thought I’d try and if worse comes to worst it should mix up decently with my G-Ale.. 

983A5C5F-50CF-44D3-AC59-0C2CC490A9E8.jpeg

Although only the two ET BIB's are for me, it still wasn't a bad week. :)

Biba! Joe

march.jpeg

• I like it 2

Picked up my 4th bottle today, after more dreaded yard work I nabbed this FRSiB on the way to pick up dinner..

132D06E2-ACF4-42F1-A5D0-1DB381B2AC69.jpeg

• I like it 2

48 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Although only the two ET BIB's are for me, it still wasn't a bad week. :)

Biba! Joe

march.jpeg

Hey Joe, I have never seen Fleishmann's Rye anywhere.  Have you had this one before?  If so, how is it?

14 minutes ago, Carnagusfarnbuckler said:

Hey Joe, I have never seen Fleishmann's Rye anywhere.  Have you had this one before?  If so, how is it?

It’s been quite a while since I’ve had it, but from what I can remember, it’s just okay. I bought this more for the novelty of it, and to share with fellow members at our get together next month in Bardstown. The novelty of it is the bad news C. You aren’t going to find any Fleischman’s Rye unless you travel up to central Wisconsin. The only place in the country it’s distributed is in a very small area there. I was In Wisconsin yesterday, but it wasn’t really central Wisconsin. That’s another reason why I bought it.

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

It’s been quite a while since I’ve had it, but from what I can remember, it’s just okay. I bought this more for the novelty of it, and to share with fellow members at our get together next month in Bardstown. The novelty of it is the bad news C. You aren’t going to find any Fleischman’s Rye unless you travel up to central Wisconsin. The only place in the country it’s distributed is in a very small area there. I was In Wisconsin yesterday, but it wasn’t really central Wisconsin. That’s another reason why I bought it.

Biba! Joe

Thanks Joe...

Relative to the "how do you get these bottles?" thread, due to a long term store relationship, I just purchased a PVW15 for 79.99 before tax.

• I like it 7

23 minutes ago, flahute said:

Relative to the "how do you get these bottles?" thread, due to a long term store relationship, I just purchased a PVW15 for 79.99 before tax.

That must be quite the relationship.  Isn't even retail about $150?

2 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

Joseph!  What's up buddy!  Hope things are going well!

59 minutes ago, Clueby said:

That must be quite the relationship.  Isn't even retail about $150?

It varies by state. For whatever reason, despite all the shenanigans that get played with retail pricing on LE's from the distributors here, Van Winkle products don't get artificially jacked up. My retailer was able to apply his normal markup and still only charge me 79.99. It's cheaper than GTS

Wow! I was thinking the national average retail or MSRP for the 15yr was around $120! However, doesn’t Washington add the liquor excise tax on top of the retail price at the selling point, while in most other states it’s already included in the retail price? You still got a great deal, regardless...Congrats! Relationships and customer loyalty do pay off...that’s how I ended up with a PVW23, VW12 and several BTAC bottles at retail this year too.

17 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

Wow! I was thinking the national average retail or MSRP for the 15yr was around $120! However, doesn’t Washington add the liquor excise tax on top of the retail price at the selling point, while in most other states it’s already included in the retail price? You still got a great deal, regardless...Congrats! Relationships and customer loyalty do pay off...that’s how I ended up with a PVW23, VW12 and several BTAC bottles at retail this year too.

They do add the excise tax on top of the retail price at the time of sale. They also sneak taxes in on the retailer before it even reaches the shelf. Though not exact, my rule of thumb is to look at the retail price and add 20-25% for all the taxes. It's that bad. Even with those taxes, this PVW15 sold for an amazing price considering what everything else sells for here.

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, flahute said:

Fantastic

15 hours ago, JvW said:

Is that a 70 mL bottle??  ?

Nice try, one liter ;-)))

Will.

Another 1792BIB and figured WTH on the Redemption High Rye, since it was priced at $20.

Resizer_15540714685000.jpg.5b27d40f106d95711e529bca62b877fe.jpg

Got in trouble again browsing a LS I used to have often frequent. The WTKS got me bc I know that bottle is long gone and it looked so pretty. I figured I’d grab a HMK while I was at it since of course it will be hard to find soon. I left 4 on the shelf. ER was for a present.

F38F11DF-201F-47F9-8960-E8ABED82BD38.jpeg

Was in Bardstown last week for an event put on by Life of Luxe.  It included drinking at Willett's new bar and dinner twice at Harrison Smith House.  They also picked a couple of wfe barrels for the event so I was able to buy some bottles too.  They had a 6 year and a 15 year bourbon and I grabbed a couple of 4 year ryes too.

LifeofLuxe bottles.jpg

• I like it 6

30 minutes ago, JGriff said:

2 more for the bunker. 

7B203990-8488-4909-B4C2-33093C8369C1.jpeg

Lucky man. I have to wait a month or so for Lux to get a new batch put up.

I stopped at a local store yesterday, and I just couldn't resist. They still had BT on sale for $21.59, so one came home with me. BT has really been hitting on all cylinders for me lately, so I figured I’d get another one while the getting’s still good.

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

Picked up this OF SiB ABC store pick this evening. I opted after they were out of the OF 1920 that I went in for.. Mid $40’s here which appears to be a good value for what others in said class run.. Take for a spin this weekend however.. 

7973F3DF-07A6-4621-B9C0-5275BC282AB3.jpeg

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.