What Bourbon did you purchase today (Winter 2018)

kevinbrink
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2 hours ago, fosmith said:

And isn't the US price around $125?

$129.99 plus tax.

6 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

B4818FC1-BDA1-4CB9-844F-5728F84EFD58.thumb.jpeg.2694c826870253ed2f44cffcc9afc749.jpeg

First European OWA store pick ever, I have a second coming in, so I’m gonna open this one tonight. 

Will.

Nice!  That looks really dark.  Could just be the lighting.

16 minutes ago, Clueby said:

$129.99 plus tax.

Nice!  That looks really dark.  Could just be the lighting.

Thx, but yeah, it's the lighting, i'm gonna open it in a bit, will see in a glass. Cheers! 

Will.

1 hour ago, El Vino said:

A SAOS 7/99 Sarah bottle and a HW Double Rye finished in a Barreled Manhattan barrel.

Delighted with both purchases, but I will admit that the SAOS Sarah bottle was the cherry!

95B6037E-01B6-473A-A99F-7EEEE04B6CF2.jpeg

24699BE1-EDD4-4BE5-BB73-11491C0AC260.jpeg

I'm still able to find the 7yr bourbon, will stock up before it's gone for good, only €39/bottle. Great find. 

Will.

• I like it 2

I got drunk & bought one of those HW Double Rye’s off of the secondary market a few months back.  It was finished in a Cognac cask hahaha.  Not sure what I was thinking.  

Don’t drink and BSM boys & girls. 

• I like it 2

46751441074_e0a82ca180_c.jpg

I need to drive down and grab one of their single barrel cask strength bottles some time.  They're not too far so should be soon.

• I like it 5

4 hours ago, Obeezy1Kaneezy said:

I got drunk & bought one of those HW Double Rye’s off of the secondary market a few months back.  It was finished in a Cognac cask hahaha.  Not sure what I was thinking.  

Very good advice!  In this case, I had a chance to sample the contents (completely sober) before being separated from my hard earned income!  I have had two finished versions of the HW Double Rye (one finished in a Bourbon Barrel and this one from a Barreled Manhattan) and enjoyed both.  Given that these limited releases are all single barrel expressions YMMV.

• I like it 2

Managed to get a bottle of Four Roses SBPS OESF today along with a state pick of KCSB. I'm hoping I will find more bottles to add to the collection this week.

• I like it 3

5 hours ago, Obeezy1Kaneezy said:

Cognac finish is no good?  

Cheap high west’s have made decent manhattans or old fashions, If that’s any consolation.

Had the 1792 BIB in the pass thread but powderkeg gave me a guilt trip. I had my local LS save it for me and it was still there a couple weeks later. I said what the hell. Then in the BIB mood I thought I’d try OF BIB since I’ve never had it before. Oh and then they said they had some ECBP in the back for me for $49.99. Couldn’t pass it up since I’m in love with the A119. The look my wife gave me when I got home...

BBFA7781-6028-413D-B55E-82FDE2B67088.jpeg

• I like it 4

2 hours ago, AndyD said:

Cognac finish is no good?  

Cheap high west’s have made decent manhattans or old fashions, If that’s any consolation.

It still hasn’t been cracked yet.  Honestly, it’s not that I don’t think it will be good, it’s just that I have no idea why (other than my inebriated state) I bought it.  It just isn’t something that would really interest me or be anything that I would normally buy.  I think when I was looking at the listing I might have thought it was a distillery only release.  This is the only thing I can think of that makes sense.  

Anyway, it makes for a good story for you guys lol. 

CB5990C7-BA28-49C2-AC45-A782F83BC5BD.jpeg

6 hours ago, JMFH said:

46751441074_e0a82ca180_c.jpg

I need to drive down and grab one of their single barrel cask strength bottles some time.  They're not too far so should be soon.

I got two bottles of a couple weeks ago after a buddy gave me a sample, almost finished the bottle. I really like it, it tastes older than the 12 year age statement (if I had to guess I would say closer to 15). I'm sure the cask strength releases are good too.

• I like it 2

10 hours ago, Obeezy1Kaneezy said:

It still hasn’t been cracked yet.  Honestly, it’s not that I don’t think it will be good, it’s just that I have no idea why (other than my inebriated state) I bought it.  It just isn’t something that would really interest me or be anything that I would normally buy.  I think when I was looking at the listing I might have thought it was a distillery only release.  This is the only thing I can think of that makes sense.  

Anyway, it makes for a good story for you guys lol. 

CB5990C7-BA28-49C2-AC45-A782F83BC5BD.jpeg

That sucker is from New Jersey (I also have one of those bottles)

• I like it 2

A backup BT yesterday and. Picked up a MM PS from the guys at Bourbon Pursuit today.

IMG_2519.thumb.jpg.fd2ca0ac2991fd116c02888d4f8785fd.jpg

IMG_2520.thumb.jpg.8440b762e982dbf6a0e1d788f9ad5bd6.jpg

This weekend’s line up.. At bat EC SmB (this one is growing on me very quickly). On deck for Fri/Sat. night is the Michter’s SmB (Batch# 19A81) if that makes a difference.. I’ve heard some really mixed reviews, so feel free to chime in. ;) At the door, OGD for a Ginger Ale companion while hitting the yard duty... again.. 

39A51973-AFAA-4DF0-BE64-717D642CBFF0.jpeg

Pulled the trigger in the Legent. Cheap enough to be worth the shot. The MB Roland came recommended, NAS as far as I can tell so probably young.  OF Rye impressed enough to be the lead in my next BA cocktail. 

77FAC5C7-05CC-4FB9-8EF0-A359A957790C.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Pulled the trigger in the Legent. Cheap enough to be worth the shot. The MB Roland came recommended, NAS as far as I can tell so probably young.  OF Rye impressed enough to be the lead in my next BA cocktail. 

77FAC5C7-05CC-4FB9-8EF0-A359A957790C.jpeg

Honestly when if I see a Straight NAS Craft bourbon I'm mildly more optimistic than I am with an age statement since they are usually something like "over 2 years"

Picked up some WT101.  One liter size plus a few of the round pint bottles that I found at a good price.  It's warming up outside and will be vacation season pretty soon.  I like those little round shaped WT101 375's the best for traveling.  The small round bottles are easy to pack and I believe they are stronger and more break-resistant than the flat flask shaped pint bottles.  Plus when I'm traveling I prefer the smaller size because I can open one at at a time and discard them as I go.

• I like it 2

Picked up two bottles of Henry McKenna BiB today for $29.99 each.  Figured it might be my last chance.  They had four but I left two behind to earn some bourbon karma.  :)

• I like it 4

Since the case of OF Rye, I had not been in a LS. 

Popped into one in Eugene OR and found JTS Brown BIB and ECBP A119 eight deep at msrp (control state).  Tater stores in CT want $90 bucks for ECBP and I refuse. 

I had planned on an extra checked bag for some local Willamette Valley Pinot Noir, but managed to bring home a couple new bottles of whisky last week as well.  

Did I mention the herd of scotch I found in Joisey a few weeks ago?  Headed back to the scene soon.  My wallet ain't ready.   

• I like it 2

I heard about this one. Pretty cool idea. I’m hoping to find one to give it a try? What is the price of this one if you don’t mind me asking?
It was 35 otd, nice aroma and flavor

went out at lunch today and found a nice sale on WT101 1.75L for $25.99. To make it better there was a $5 rebate tag around the neck of the bottles, so only $20.99 once I get the rebates back. Checked the bottle codes and grabbed two that were bottled in November. Since I was happy about the find I didn't feel so bad buying a bottle of ECBP A119 for $69.99. I figured that the walking out of the store with 2 handles of WT101 and a ECBP for $130($120 once I get the rebate back) was decent day. I almost feel guilty about not buying a case of the WT101. After work I am going to check the rebate tag and see if it states a limit on how many rebates you can submit. 

• I like it 4

Got these via mail order since they're not likely to be found around me.  One store in N. KY that had some EHT SmB on the shelf wanted $80 and I never see Sazerac around.  The greater Cincinnati market is impossible to find anything hanging out or not priced at secondary in KY (since OH is a control state).  My local that takes care of me has been getting Weller, ER and BT but none of these.

47442003692_2782756415_c.jpg

• I like it 2

Bought a bottle of RHF, 4 Stagg Jr’s, and a case of Blanton yesterday

Edited by BourbonTexan
  • I like it 2

saw this last summer when in town, but passed. this year its marked down 10 bux so pulled the trigger.

stopped at shop en route to pick up an ECBP A119 for a buddy; place has a taproom, & check out the choices (you may know this place fishbowljoe!).

20190329_194517.jpg

20190329_204825.jpg

• I like it 3

1 minute ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

stopped at shop en route to pick up an ECBP A119 for a buddy; place has a taproom, & check out the choices (you may know this place fishbowljoe!).

20190329_204825.jpg

Those are some outstanding prices.  Wow!

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.