Empty bottle(s) support group ~ 2019

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Also forgot I killed this rye. Definitely see myself buying more but might need to revisit a few old stand byes I haven’t had in a while.

IMG_6540.JPG

IMG_6539.JPG

• I like it 1

I'm playing Taps for a bottle of Baker's tonight.

I sure am happy, that I have a few bunkered at reasonable cost. 

Cheers 

Said farewell to one of my favorite drams ever...

32499951997_3c52d98550.jpg

Edited by ChainWhip

I've been fairly diligent this year on whittling down my number of open bottles. Today the Old Fitz went before dinner and the 2014 FR LE SmB is tonight's dessert, both of which were down to their last ounce or so. Amazingly (for me) I'm now down to 24 open bourbons/ryes.

Side note: This self imposed nonsense has to stop, tomorrow I"m opening something. Having so many empty spaces in the cabinet just looks wrong. (The Scotch side, while smaller, is full :))

empties.jpg

20190414_200337.jpg

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, Vosgar said:

I've been fairly diligent this year on whittling down my number of open bottles. Today the Old Fitz went before dinner and the 2014 FR LE SmB is tonight's dessert, both of which were down to their last ounce or so. Amazingly (for me) I'm now down to 24 open bourbons/ryes.

Side note: This self imposed nonsense has to stop, tomorrow I"m opening something. Having so many empty spaces in the cabinet just looks wrong. (The Scotch side, while smaller, is full :))

empties.jpg

20190414_200337.jpg

I thought BOTY’s were supposed to have minimum 36 bottles open? Get busy man. 

31 minutes ago, flahute said:

I thought BOTY’s were supposed to have minimum 36 bottles open? Get busy man. 

Yes Sir!!  :D

On 4/10/2019 at 10:28 PM, FasterHorses said:

Interesting. Wouldve expected it to taste extraordinary. That “nothing special” thing seems to happen a lot with some of the hard to come by bottles .  I ‘ve heard the same about Seasoned Wood and Cured Oak.

I thought Cured Oak was fantastic whiskey.  Have not cracked the Seasoned Wood yet.

Finished off this one last night.  Another great LE with a heavy, sweet mouthfeel and nice finish.  I try to always keep one in the bunker.

IMG_1001.jpg

• I like it 8

31 minutes ago, LCWoody said:

Done, thank goodness I have some more. 

7D9ABFFF-AAC8-4D47-9F50-22383261EC1A.thumb.jpeg.409f9fe1521c52ae6a14d2b32480dcc0.jpeg

IIRC, that's a pre-2011 bottle :) Are your others from the same vintage? I've got one left and can't get myself to open it, even though I never noticed any difference between any of the different bottlings

2 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

IIRC, that's a pre-2011 bottle :) Are your others from the same vintage? I've got one left and can't get myself to open it, even though I never noticed any difference between any of the different bottlings

yes

IIRC, that's a pre-2011 bottle [emoji4] Are your others from the same vintage? I've got one left and can't get myself to open it, even though I never noticed any difference between any of the different bottlings

Ahhh...so you’ve become a collector. [emoji6]

36 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

Ahhh...so you’ve become a collector. emoji6.png

Well.......it just kinda happens sometimes

RR.jpg

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, kemosabe said:

Finished off this one last night.  Another great LE with a heavy, sweet mouthfeel and nice finish.  I try to always keep one in the bunker.

IMG_1001.jpg

I have been looking for one of those "bottles" for a while now. I sure hope some land up here soon. Of course, Ice Cream weather is still at least a month away up here too!

19 hours ago, elmossle said:

Of course, Ice Cream weather is still at least a month away up here too!

Hey E, I chatted with a friend of mine Saturday. He lives north of you a ways. He said the snow is almost gone. :huh:  Yes?

Biba! Joe

My next purchase will be another bottle of this and EWBIB. Then I'll have the wife pour a blind sbs of those and HHBIB. 

20190417_203917.jpg

• I like it 1

My next purchase will be another bottle of this and EWBIB. Then I'll have the wife pour a blind sbs of those and HHBIB. 
20190417_203917.thumb.jpg.ae36471af2e7d882f1bb38d77386fd64.jpg

Tasting notes on the Dant compared to EW BIB? It’s been years but I remember having a kind earthy root vegetable taste? Wasn’t my thing at the time but I’d like to revisit it.

4 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Hey E, I chatted with a friend of mine Saturday. He lives north of you a ways. He said the snow is almost gone. :huh:  Yes?

Biba! Joe

Snow here as been gone for about 2 weeks now, although it has been down to or at freezing the past few nights. I've heard further North did more snow than we did this year and the mountains still have plenty for another week or two of skiing. It seemed to be a lighter winter this year compared to our first one here. I'm sure we will pay for it next winter. We are usually about a month to a month and a half behind on flowers blooming than back home in KY. Tree buds are just now starting to show up.

15 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Tasting notes on the Dant compared to EW BIB? It’s been years but I remember having a kind earthy root vegetable taste? Wasn’t my thing at the time but I’d like to revisit it.

No, I dont remember EWBIB being similar, I just want to compare how different they are since they're all the same mashbill and the same proof.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.