Empty bottle(s) support group ~ 2019

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

24 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

Definitely one of those glad/sad moments. Damn glad to have it in my glass, but sad to see the bottle's now empty. One left in the bowels of the bunker, where it's going to stay for a while.

WT Tradition.jpg

Definitely a good one. I have a few left and one open that I'll have a pour of to honor your loss. 

EF0BBC49-D9B3-4AE9-B4BC-22F477C33B40.thumb.jpeg.a9db6f0147096b4b7112f4720f87c861.jpeg

Edited by LCWoody
  • I like it 3

I finally got fed up with the number of bottles I had open, so I went to work. :unsure: In the past two or three weeks I’ve finished three or four, I blended three. (Wellers. What else?) I also reverse decanted three.  :huh: No, y’all didn’t read that wrong. I had handles and 750’s open of the same thing. I emptied the 750’s back into the handles. So, a couple of BT’s,  an EC, Weller 12, Weller SR,  EW BIB, Stagg jr Batch # 9, an ER and an ETL that held some of my 2018 Weller Blend all went to my “project box”. No more blue bin for a while. ^_^

Biba! Joe

• I like it 5

1 hour ago, Vosgar said:

Definitely one of those glad/sad moments. Damn glad to have it in my glass, but sad to see the bottle's now empty. One left in the bowels of the bunker, where it's going to stay for a while.

WT Tradition.jpg

I haven't opened mine yet. I'm scared to do so. Not because of what the secondary prices are, but I am afraid once I taste it, the bottle will be empty in no time flat! May you enjoy what is in your glass!

Another one down, and room for a new bottle is now available. Thankfully I have a backup bottle, and my LS has plenty of these available at this time. 

BF3E5765-C50B-422A-93FE-27DDA7501EDE.jpeg

• I like it 1

Another great one gone, from the 2nd barrel of StraightBourbon HH Select Stock

HH SB.jpg

• I like it 5

23 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

HH SB.jpg

Nice bottle, great cause!

Bye... it was nice knowing you...

ugi.jpg

Edited by BadDayBlack
  • I like it 2

Bye... it was nice knowing you...

ugi.thumb.jpg.973f138e1ed21fab8e454d4407fe107f.jpg

I still see a few drops at the bottom of that bottle, better tap them into your glass.
  • I like it 2

12 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

I still see a few drops at the bottom of that bottle, better tap them into your glass.

The real problem with BTAC bottles is they are too tall to use a Big Gulp straw to properly empty them ;) 

• I like it 1

18 hours ago, Vosgar said:

HH SB.jpg

Salute!!

Just cleaning up the odds and ends of a few bottles this week, JB Distiller's Cut, MM, and an OE101. Looks like there's enough room on my liquor shelf to rationalize a shopping trip and see what's out there in the wilds of NKC.

On 3/6/2019 at 9:22 PM, Vosgar said:

HH SB.jpg

Dang, you are putting down some Titans this week.  That HHSS 2 Barrel was special whiskey.  

51 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

That HHSS 2 Barrel was special whiskey.  

You guys picked a couple of AMAZING barrels, Joe. I was just fortunate enough to get some bottles from each.

Now I'm back to the real world and having a PS BT

OWA. I was so thrilled to get my first and what sadly turned out to be my only Weller not quite 2 years ago from the ABC. I don’t know if my joy drinking this nectar was because of the name on the bottle, getting it for MSRP, or because it was a good drinker. I’m going with good drinking.

22 hours ago, Vosgar said:

You guys picked a couple of AMAZING barrels, Joe. I was just fortunate enough to get some bottles from each.

Now I'm back to the real world and having a PS BT

Funny thing about Barrel 2, is that it was Barrel 2 for a reason...Of The 3 samples, the Barrel 1 sample was judged better by all but one of us.  So it was the initial bottling,  and consequently 2 sat in the finishing barrel another 8 months.  When 2 came out, it was magic.  Of course, the lone voter for Barrel 2 has never let us forget that...Damn Dewey Oxburger...  :D

Well, only one pour left in my 2019 Weller Blend. So, after that, I moved on to Blanton's. Same story there. Only one pour left. Sheeeesh. What's a mother to do?

Don't let the first pic fool ya. It's my blend, and not an OWA. Although, OWA was part of the blend.:P

Biba! Joe

empt1.jpeg

empt2.jpeg

• I like it 1

Here's a few more that I've been holding onto for a while. Don't everyone get all concerned about my number of empties. The majority of the Weller's were used in my blends. As for all the BT's, a few of those are from a coworker.

A while back, Clueby made a post here showing candles made from cut down bourbon bottles. About the same time, my wife and I took a drive one Saturday. We stopped at an antique store, and they had several different types of lamps made form empty wine and whiskey bottles. I've also seen rocks glasses made from empty bourbon bottles. Ya just never know what I might come up with. ;)

Biba! Joe

empt3.jpeg

• I like it 1

On 3/9/2019 at 7:54 PM, smokinjoe said:

Dang, you are putting down some Titans this week.  That HHSS 2 Barrel was special whiskey.  

Going out on a limb here, Joe, and guessing this one doesn't fall into the "Titans" category :D.   I've decided it's time to finish off some of the bottles that have been hanging on for dear life for too long.

WSR.jpg

• I like it 1

20 hours ago, Vosgar said:

Going out on a limb here, Joe, and guessing this one doesn't fall into the "Titans" category :D.   I've decided it's time to finish off some of the bottles that have been hanging on for dear life for too long.

WSR.jpg

Maybe not a Titan, but being that it's a good store selection (I'm assuming) it still ranks in the Spartacus class.

This was pretty good.  Not sure it's $55 good, tho.  Great flavors but a bit young feeling.  I'd really like to revisit this in two or three years... 

new riff empty.jpg

• I like it 1

I enjoyed this one, despite the controversy surrounding it’s labeling. 

Maybe I like flavor packets... I don’t know. 

It was pretty good, regardless. 

(Pact 4 - toasted barrel finished)

E0371506-8D16-440D-916F-DFF508CC71AF.jpeg

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 1

I enjoyed this one, despite the controversy surrounding it’s labeling. 
Maybe I like flavor packets... I don’t know. 
It was pretty good, regardless. 
(Pact 4 - toasted barrel finished)

E0371506-8D16-440D-916F-DFF508CC71AF.thumb.jpeg.cfcb9bcd6ae8162e0cea0efda7db9af6.jpeg

I love the Pact #4!
  • I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.