Empty bottle(s) support group ~ 2019

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Finished off a VOB 100 tonight. Good thing I picked up a couple spares today.

20190405_194847-784x1613.jpg

I've never quite figured out exactly what it is about AAA 10yr that I like so much, but I do. It's just a good, easy sipping, everyday type of whiskey. Really a shame it's gone.

AAA10.jpg

• I like it 5

Finished this solid 1792 SB that started out good and got better and better.

IMG_0854.JPG

I've never quite figured out exactly what it is about AAA 10yr that I like so much, but I do. It's just a good, easy sipping, everyday type of whiskey. Really a shame it's gone.

AAA10.thumb.jpg.d9526158971b38b322e68aebad7afd0b.jpg

Could it have anything to do with those Full 10 Years? [emoji6]

44 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

It's just a good, easy sipping, everyday type of whiskey. 

Sounds like you figured it out!

This should have had a Turkey on it. Like a Camp Nelson Rare Breed variant. I’ll snag another if I see it. 

51CB4972-29DD-48BF-BC2F-4969B2A03747.jpeg

• I like it 3

Sounds like you figured it out!

Haha yeah it seems like you figured it out.

As@kevinbrink had mentioned and you already stated@Vosgar it’s good everyday drinking whiskey.

9 hours ago, Mako254 said:

This should have had a Turkey on it. Like a Camp Nelson Rare Breed variant. I’ll snag another if I see it. 

51CB4972-29DD-48BF-BC2F-4969B2A03747.jpeg

Haven't even seen this one yet, glad to hear good things so far

Very Nice Pic Obeezy!    I feel like I could reach into the screen and grab that glencairn and have taste!  :P

• I like it 2

56 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

Very Nice Pic Obeezy!    I feel like I could reach into the screen and grab that glencairn and have taste!  :P

*Taken with iPhone X ;)

You’re welcome stop by anytime friend.  

Edited by Obeezy1Kaneezy
  • I like it 2

Finished this solid 1792 SB that started out good and got better and better.
IMG_0854.thumb.JPG.8ac545ca1e28f97ac4757544eb8fe420.JPG

Never really have been able to get into the 1792. Maybe it’s just me, or not lucky in my bottles.

7 hours ago, BigPapa said:

Never really have been able to get into the 1792. Maybe it’s just me, or not lucky in my bottles.

I've had a couple bottles of SmB that were enjoyable. Nothing memorable, but not offensive. This was my first SB and while the first pour was unimpressive, it really developed and grew on me over the couple weeks it was open. I have a BIB in the closet that I may open soon that I'm looking forward to. 

• I like it 1

Besides the unhealthy-looking color, I enjoyed this through and through. Now that it's become a lot easier to come by in my area I'll grab another for sure.

IMG_20190407_201315.jpg

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Kane said:

Besides the unhealthy-looking color, I enjoyed this through and through. Now that it's become a lot easier to come by in my area I'll grab another for sure.

IMG_20190407_201315.jpg

I personally term Mellow Corn an "NTB", FYI.

Lost 3 bottles this weekend. Old Fitz 9yr BIB, Wild Turkey Longbranch and a Maker's PS Loch & K(e)y selection are all dry. Sadly, I'm not sad to see any of them go and happy to pull new selections up from the basement. The Old Fitz was by far the best of the group, but in the end, still nothing fantastic. 

Thanks to a  Kansas SBer for this one. 

8F372C3B-0C0D-4556-8927-B7906A98B906.jpeg

Edited by Mako254
  • I like it 4

First bottle of this one. Glad to have a spare bottle waiting for it’s turn. 

4AF61242-6CDA-41CC-BFDA-4986A946A76B.jpeg

21 hours ago, Radioyada said:

I see we are thinking alike this afternoon.  Fortunately I, too, have a replacement bottle waiting in the wings.

OF 1920 Empty.jpg

• I like it 1

This was the 2018 version. Never seemed to wow me or be anything special. Have a bottle of 2017 in the bunker that I will try at some point.IMG_2098.jpg

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, elmossle said:

This was the 2018 version. Never seemed to wow me or be anything special. Have a bottle of 2017 in the bunker that I will try at some point.IMG_2098.jpg

Interesting. Wouldve expected it to taste extraordinary. That “nothing special” thing seems to happen a lot with some of the hard to come by bottles .  I ‘ve heard the same about Seasoned Wood and Cured Oak.

33 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

Interesting. Wouldve expected it to taste extraordinary. That “nothing special” thing seems to happen a lot with some of the hard to come by bottles .  I ‘ve heard the same about Seasoned Wood and Cured Oak.

Don't get me wrong, it was still good bourbon, but it didn't seem to separate itself from anything else in the cabinet. I had heard about the awards and was looking forward to seeing how amazing it was and it just never got there for me. For others, I'm sure it is absolutely amazing and lives up to the hype for them. Maybe I am holding the bar too high. Fortunately I didn't chase this one and it fell in my lap. Again, happy to have it and drank it dry. Just wish there was something more to it.

• I like it 1

On 4/9/2019 at 7:45 PM, Radioyada said:

4AF61242-6CDA-41CC-BFDA-4986A946A76B.jpeg

That's some dark colored bourbon.  Reminds me of ECBP.  Looks good.

• I like it 1

4AF61242-6CDA-41CC-BFDA-4986A946A76B.thumb.jpeg.04c7f2cb77ca9ca49c3876075c247a68.jpeg

Still waiting for that and the rye to hit where I am.

These are from the past couple weeks a 375 of WT101, and a OF pick. Not a whole lot going on with the OF but it’s an easy pleasant pour. Much better than my last bottle of the OF Sig.

WT101 is WT101, this my desert island if I could only have one bottle, such a great whiskey.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.