Empty bottle(s) support group ~ 2019

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 2/25/2019 at 5:03 PM, 0895 said:

Holy crap.  Didn't you just buy that?

It couldn't be too bad. :P

MO hasn't even gotten theirs yet as far as I know.

Ha, guilty as charged. Yes, it was tasty and I’d consider another bottle, but think I’m going to try the new OF Rye next. 

Full disclosure, I did not drink all all of it. When a bottle I enjoy gets below half I often pour off a couple of samples and then finish it off. Helps me get to a new bottle and gives me the chance to revisit down the road. This one had three 3oz samples taken. Two for me, one for a buddy. I’m a big fan of the 100ml plastic sample bottles. Perfect disposable travel flask, enough for two pours, won’t break, and best of all can be carried on a plane!

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, BadDayBlack said:

This one won't be replaced.  ?

h42423.png

Is that the 2010 wheated?  Would be a hard find to replace it if you wanted to!

1 hour ago, Clueby said:

Very true.

1 hour ago, Clueby said:

Near as I can tell, it’s the Cask Strength. 

Biba! Joe

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Near as I can tell, it’s the Cask Strength. 

Biba! Joe

It's the 4th edition of PHC, they just shit the bed with color selection for the label so it's basically unreadable...

3 hours ago, BadDayBlack said:

It's the 4th edition of PHC, they just shit the bed with color selection for the label so it's basically unreadable...

I don’t have any problem reading mine?  Besides, I think it’s fabulous whiskey.  

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, BadDayBlack said:

I can't make out the proof on your bottle. I've got two different ones, 124.2 and 127.8. Which was yours? 

45 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

I can't make out the proof on your bottle. I've got two different ones, 124.2 and 127.8. Which was yours? 

OFSB down. Can’t usually find it but I’d buy another given an opportunity. IMG_1198.jpg

Just watched a movie called Wonder with the family. Somebody cut some onions a couple of times while it was on. I’m re-watching the  CFP NC game now while enjoying some KC SiB hoping my man card doesn’t get revoked. 

• I like it 2

BT Bourbon Cream. Always a treat to snag a BT product these days. So while none are available around here I’ll be on the lookout for something else.

Doesn’t always feel right hitting the like button in this thread. We need a sad button.

• I like it 1

22 hours ago, CUfan99 said:

Just watched a movie called Wonder with the family. Somebody cut some onions a couple of times while it was on. I’m re-watching the  CFP NC game now while enjoying some KC SiB hoping my man card doesn’t get revoked. 

Thats a great movie. I somehow had a lot of dust in my eye while it was on.

• I like it 2

enhance
Really gonna miss these 

I think I may know where some more are, but they may not be as cheap as you paid for those. One place, had them for $25 OTD, but it’s been awhile since I’ve been there, so I’m not sure they are still available. Another place has some for around $28 plus tax, and I know they are still there. A third place is far away, but they may still have some in the low $20 price range, but it’ll be awhile before I get back by to check.
  • I like it 1

Wanting to clear some shelf space with some nearly empty bottles. Was hoping for more from the OC101 but I guess it’s not surprising that it’s a big disappointment. With all the BT love these days you’d hope it would at least stand up to EW Black but not even close. Tasted like bourbon mixed with neutral spirits.

I guess if they where priced the same I’d take the SFTB from 2014 over the KC but considering it’s nearly twice the price I think this pick of KC is the winner.

IMG_6283.thumb.JPG.2331e9d3161d9cefd1f1c14445118742.JPG

Wonder what the garbage man or neighbors think when they see my recyclables.

IMG_6284.thumb.JPG.15b59f55a834cf8609d1b33113f50603.JPG

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, HoustonNit said:

Wanting to clear some shelf space with some nearly empty bottles. Was hoping for more from the OC101 but I guess it’s not surprising that it’s a big disappointment. With all the BT love these days you’d hope it would at least stand up to EW Black but not even close. Tasted like bourbon mixed with neutral spirits.

I guess if they where priced the same I’d take the SFTB from 2014 over the KC but considering it’s nearly twice the price I think this pick of KC is the winner.

IMG_6283.thumb.JPG.2331e9d3161d9cefd1f1c14445118742.JPG

Wonder what the garbage man or neighbors think when they see my recyclables.

IMG_6284.thumb.JPG.15b59f55a834cf8609d1b33113f50603.JPG

I bet what they’ll think will be pretty close to right. :P

Kind of sad to see this one go, but it’s time has come. Gonna miss seeing this bottle in the cabinet. 

E6469CBE-7E33-4506-82F4-F6A6DAF66EBA.jpeg

• I like it 1

Kind of sad to see this one go, but it’s time has come. Gonna miss seeing this bottle in the cabinet. 

E6469CBE-7E33-4506-82F4-F6A6DAF66EBA.thumb.jpeg.ef5aa4d13102a3e22514b308648f4ad3.jpeg

Cool rocks glass
  • I like it 2

Finished off a Jefferson’s Twin Oak, this is one of the better JR in resent memory. 

31DAB872-6CA9-4F96-87B8-E1BFE3CD82ED.thumb.jpeg.43dcf932c3ac3964d719eeab68d91a80.jpeg

Definitely one of those glad/sad moments. Damn glad to have it in my glass, but sad to see the bottle's now empty. One left in the bowels of the bunker, where it's going to stay for a while.

WT Tradition.jpg

• I like it 5

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.