Empty bottle(s) support group ~ 2019

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

35 minutes ago, Clueby said:

It is done.

20191216_205116-1612x784.jpg

You and I are on the same page in regards to the 6yr 90 proof green label being as good or better than the BIB

9 hours ago, Clueby said:

It is done.

20191216_205116-1612x784.jpg

WOW!   Very 'Christmas-y', Clueby . . .Green label HH BIB with Red double-H's on the neck and the center/front, poured into a Green glass... Well done!   :D

...Or does this represent a time warp? ...And the Bourbon is full to the top; but dyed green for St. Patrick's day?  HA!  ?

• I like it 1

I've had a few different 1792 SiB picks and FP picks, and this is my favorite of them. All in all I'm not much of a 1792 fan, so I wont replace this or the FP I have once it's 86ed. 

20191218_194227.jpg

This was so good!  $46 for a 1.75 at Bevmo with a $10 off coupon comes to less than $20/750.  Stellar for that price! 

ER.jpg

• I like it 6

Finished off a very good Bookers Rye last night with some bourbon geeks. Makes it that much better when you share good bourbon/rye with good people. 
AFB7DB05-91AB-44D2-B615-C958A432EBBA.thumb.jpeg.d3dd854ee24c05a3b9fcb800cab1b7bf.jpeg

• I like it 10

4 hours ago, LCWoody said:

Makes it that much better when you share good bourbon/rye with good people. 

That's why most everything tastes better when we get together in Bardstown ?

• I like it 4

15 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

That's why most everything tastes better when we get together in Bardstown ?

I'm going to make it one year.

• I like it 2

I cannot believe I drank the whole thing.  The EC BP B519 I picked up only two weeks ago is now dry.  I am finishing it in celebration of the Skins being only a touchdown behind the Giants with 6 minutes to play.

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

I cannot believe I drank the whole thing.  The EC BP B519 I picked up only two weeks ago is now dry.  I am finishing it in celebration of the Skins being only a touchdown behind the Giants with 6 minutes to play.

Probably had a slow leak in that bottle.   I've had dozens and dozens of those over the years.   

...And, the leaks must be just enough to account or the fluid leaking at the same rate as evaporation, because I've yet to find the wet spots I expect to see.

I've also noticed the Bourbons I like best seem to suffer these leaks at far larger percentage than the 'dogs' I don't care as much for.

The only advice I can offer, Harry; is to be ever vigilant, and don't let the good ones sit around too long.   So far that's worked fairly well for me.   Good Luck!

• I like it 5

With a little help from my BIL last Saturday, this beautiful whiskey is gone

2013 OFBiB.jpg

• I like it 5

Gave my father in law the last pour of this one. He wanted to share it with me but I told him I had plenty more in the closet behind him.

IMG_8602.jpg

8 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

2013 OFBiB.jpg

No, no, not the 2013.:mellow:  

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, Vosgar said:

2013 OFBiB.jpg

Taps. And a big salute.

• I like it 2

9 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

No, no, not the 2013.:mellow:  

Biba! Joe

It's ok Joe, his twin brother is in the basement ?

• I like it 3

Gave my father in law the last pour of this one. He wanted to share it with me but I told him I had plenty more in the closet behind him.

IMG_8602.thumb.jpg.f5dc5ca6884fdab47990d84577924eb4.jpg

I don’t stay up to date on the latest junk food trends because sugar is my weakness and nemesis. So what I took away from this picture was “holy f&$@ing $hit, they make Hershey’s whipped cream now?!?!”

I don’t stay up to date on the latest junk food trends because sugar is my weakness and nemesis. So what I took away from this picture was “holy f&$@ing $hit, they make Hershey’s whipped cream now?!?!”

Ha yes and Reese peanut butter whipped cream. My mother in law visiting from France saw it and had to try it.

Ha yes and Reese peanut butter whipped cream. My mother in law visiting from France saw it and had to try it.

Now you’re just talking dirty to me.
  • I like it 1

3 hours ago, Vosgar said:

It's ok Joe, his twin brother is in the basement ?

Wheeeew! ^_^

Biba! Joe

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.