Empty bottle(s) support group ~ 2019

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

21 minutes ago, KSJon said:

Bought a 1792 full proof store pick a few weeks ago on sale and really enjoyed it.  I think it’s time to check back by that store and see if there’s any left.

Good call, KSJon!

My surprisingly good “dusty” Blanton’s from 1997 bit the dust this weekend. 

I did save a sample jar of it for a future rainy day though.

1BE44899-AF18-4C21-9E1E-16FED5C6A3FF.jpeg

• I like it 2

21 hours ago, 0895 said:

My surprisingly good “dusty” Blanton’s from 1997 bit the dust this weekend. 

I did save a sample jar of it for a future rainy day though.

1BE44899-AF18-4C21-9E1E-16FED5C6A3FF.jpeg

I do that same thing once a good bottle starts to get low.  Frees up some shelf space and I can still revisit, share or use in a SBS down the road.  

• I like it 1

Really disliked the three year. Bought the 4 after several positive reviews. Light years better, but I’m still not sold. Would not rebuy. 50/50 on buying the 5 next year. Although I’m a sucker and will probably do it. :)

5F33CC08-77A1-490E-BD12-5B8A1186A022.jpeg

54 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Really disliked the three year. Bought the 4 after several positive reviews. Light years better, but I’m still not sold. Would not rebuy. 50/50 on buying the 5 next year. Although I’m a sucker and will probably do it. :)

5F33CC08-77A1-490E-BD12-5B8A1186A022.jpeg

It should be half the price that it is now.

54 minutes ago, mal00768 said:

It should be half the price that it is now.

We said about 90% of the bourbons out there now . . .  

7 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

The new Willetts are like a new Star Wars movie.

It really IS OK to just give them a miss and do something else.

• I like it 2

19 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Really disliked the three year. Bought the 4 after several positive reviews. Light years better, but I’m still not sold. Would not rebuy. 50/50 on buying the 5 next year. Although I’m a sucker and will probably do it.

There's quite a bit of variation from batch to batch in my experience for these Willett ryes.  I've had two - 126 and 107.x proof.  Aside from the difference in proof the flavor profiles were quite different.  The 126 was fantastic and almost beat out a Whistle Pig 10 store pick in a blind tasting.  The 107 was good, but much fruitier and younger tasting.  The 126 was definitely worth the coin, the 107, not so much. 

OESO. I can remember when you could get Four Roses private selects shipped to your door from Astor. *

1B1A6412-1CBC-48D2-9AEB-FCAA904AAC8A.jpeg

• I like it 1

OESO. I can remember when you could get Four Roses private selects shipped to your door from Astor. *

1B1A6412-1CBC-48D2-9AEB-FCAA904AAC8A.thumb.jpeg.5ffeaeab53c7d3133b6805db42ab03a9.jpeg

Uh not that long ago.

Crappy fall weather called for the last pour of this HWMWND pour. This one was just OK compared to the previous batches of sourced juice. I don’t know if I’ll pick up another bottle this fall unless I try it first to see if they have improved their own distillate. 

3FEF4FB5-A5AF-41BD-9CD1-F1EB8281AD24.jpeg

• I like it 2

Sad to see the rye go. The JD BIB is also very solid and a nice step up fri. There regular offer. JD needs more love.

IMG_8130.jpg

Filled a couple of Decades samples then killed that one off. The OESK has just a tiny amount left after my blind so it was next. 

CB317B4C-947A-43FF-9258-675138094330.jpeg

• I like it 1

22 hours ago, JSpartan said:

Crappy fall weather called for the last pour of this HWMWND pour. This one was just OK compared to the previous batches of sourced juice. I don’t know if I’ll pick up another bottle this fall unless I try it first to see if they have improved their own distillate. 

3FEF4FB5-A5AF-41BD-9CD1-F1EB8281AD24.jpeg

Iconic view. Any bottle would look good sitting there. Nice!

• I like it 2

On 9/28/2019 at 9:17 PM, FacePlant said:

Iconic view. Any bottle would look good sitting there. Nice!

Iconic view....?   :mellow:

Where the hell are the plains, hills, grasslands, trees, lakes, rivers, waterfalls, mountains; not to mention the wildlife ...or people?  ?

For me, any view of a cityscape is cold, lonely, desolate even; unappealing in every way.   That is is of course just my own personal opinion, and I realize it is likely a minority view of this subject.   ;)

But, being an iconoclast, I just had to say something.  ?

The part about any bottle looking good I agree with, since by comparison, most things would be a pleasant counterpoint.   ?

Sorry for the rant.    Carry on.   :)

• I like it 2

didn't get a pic of it, but I kill a big fat turkey saturday evening. I love the price I have been paying recently for a 1.75L of WT101.

4 hours ago, FacePlant said:

This one's for you Rich. I cut the RenCen out so it would not be so ICONIC. :) 

DMI.thumb.jpg.908a8900372276c89085d82317e3e148.jpg

Well, more lights, at least.   ?    But, as for the rest ....my previous post stands. ?   HA! 

(I think I can barely make out a little greenery between a couple buildings in the left quarter of the pic, though... so that's progress, too.)  :)

16 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

Iconic view....?   :mellow:

Where the hell are the plains, hills, grasslands, trees, lakes, rivers, waterfalls, mountains; not to mention the wildlife ...or people?  ?

For me, any view of a cityscape is cold, lonely, desolate even; unappealing in every way.   That is is of course just my own personal opinion, and I realize it is likely a minority view of this subject.   ;)

But, being an iconoclast, I just had to say something.  ?

The part about any bottle looking good I agree with, since by comparison, most things would be a pleasant counterpoint.   ?

Sorry for the rant.    Carry on.   :)

Yer such a grump! ?

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.