What bourbon did you pass on winter/spring 2019?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Eagle Rare 59.99
Old Fitz 13 299.99
Weller SR 79.99
Blantons 99.99

but for some reason Russell Reserve 10yr is $34.99
Sshhhhh, let's let the masses continue to over look WT products and chase Blanton's or McKenna
  • I like it 2

On 5/24/2019 at 10:13 PM, PaulO said:

It sounds like the current release.  I might try one at $26 a liter.  No age statement means 4 years old, probably sourced from HH.

I tastes like it could be older than 4 to me, I find it to be a suitable replacement for Old Fitz BIB but lets not tell too many people that ;) 

I haven't had DN since they redesigned the label.  Problem was new label came with a big price hike.

First time in months I've had the opportunity to stroll through a few of my old haunts. Looks like my  stash of older-era Austin Nichols WT has dried up, with only a single 1.75 from 2015 remaining that I left behind. Was tempted by the Master's Keep, although I keep hoping it will get discounted. Not tempted by the Blanton's or way overpriced WSR, but glad to see them stacked on the shelves.

AN_Turkey.thumb.jpg.a87c239ce0be3847d31eb512ad9f3b24.jpgmasterskeep.thumb.jpg.e761a565d0d5332e5d0a43a3d010793c.jpgwsr.thumb.jpg.f2eeb015782d23a5b9f2caec565b1ddc.jpgblantons.thumb.jpg.ece14906cdb2852522dccda55dedd1d1.jpg

33 minutes ago, dad-proof said:

First time in months I've had the opportunity to stroll through a few of my old haunts. Looks like my  stash of older-era Austin Nichols WT has dried up, with only a single 1.75 from 2015 remaining that I left behind. Was tempted by the Master's Keep, although I keep hoping it will get discounted. Not tempted by the Blanton's or way overpriced WSR, but glad to see them stacked on the shelves.

AN_Turkey.thumb.jpg.a87c239ce0be3847d31eb512ad9f3b24.jpgmasterskeep.thumb.jpg.e761a565d0d5332e5d0a43a3d010793c.jpgwsr.thumb.jpg.f2eeb015782d23a5b9f2caec565b1ddc.jpgblantons.thumb.jpg.ece14906cdb2852522dccda55dedd1d1.jpg

People would be lined up 100 deep for Blanton's and WSR at thise prices around here.

Edited by Clueby

Even though they were priced pretty much at retail, I passed on a couple of Weller SR’s last night. I reckon I have enough. :mellow:

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, dad-proof said:

Pretty sure that is the MSRP for WSR now.  Although I talk the talk about it now being worth that much I will still probably be an occasional buyer.  

The Blanton's is high, but not egregious.  

I'm with you on the Revival, would love to find it at $100 or less, but I will likely bite on this years Cornerstone when it comes out.

2 hours ago, dad-proof said:

Not tempted by the Blanton's or way overpriced WSR, but glad to see them stacked on the shelves.

blantons.thumb.jpg.ece14906cdb2852522dccda55dedd1d1.jpg

Dont fall for it!

Clearly a knock-off.

”Blenton’s” ...  I wonder what the “E” stopper looks like.

;)

• I like it 5

2 hours ago, 0895 said:

Dont fall for it!

Clearly a knock-off.

”Blenton’s” ...  I wonder what the “E” stopper looks like.

;)

“Can I get an AMEN!”  ^_^

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

5 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Even though they were priced pretty much at retail, I passed on a couple of Weller SR’s last night. I reckon I have enough. :mellow:

Biba! Joe

Wut?

I did not know this was possible.

13 hours ago, flahute said:

Wut?

I did not know this was possible.

I was thinking the same thing, so I sent Joe a text to make sure he was OK, lol

• I like it 3

Not a bourbon, but I thought this was a good price. Still had to pass though... been buying too much lately. 

218030F9-8EF0-489A-96FE-9AF4D404EAB1.jpeg

• I like it 1

No tag and I didnt ask. As was once told on an the award winning movie (well, maybe not QUITE award winning) Beerfest. If you have to ask, you cant afford it. 

20190531_144952.jpg

• I like it 3

17 hours ago, Curtis Reed said:

Not a bourbon, but I thought this was a good price. Still had to pass though... been buying too much lately. 

I would have passed too.  The standard WP 10 is overpriced IMO.  The barrel proof store picks are another story, however...

• I like it 4

4 hours ago, fosmith said:

I would have passed too.  The standard WP 10 is overpriced IMO.  The barrel proof store picks are another story, however...

To me they are only over priced in comparison to the store picks, around here it runs between $60 and $70  with store picks between $70 and $100, if there were no store picks not many other places to get well aged rye for $60.  Personally I really enjoy the ADL profile so that doesn't hurt in justifying it price wise either. 

• I like it 2

Asked about a bottle of Pappy 23 in a store today.  Said it was going for $3800 and change.  At a different place they had CEHT sb for $53.  Never had it, and think I might like it, but wanted to do a bit of research first.  Is that a decent price for here in So Cal?  Thanks

Passed on 1792 BIB only because I've got 6 bunkered and enjoying a 7th.  Surprised it's still on the shelves at a couple 'round here @ $35-40 per.  

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, PowderKeg said:

Passed on 1792 BIB only because I've got 6 bunkered and enjoying a 7th.  Surprised it's still on the shelves at a couple 'round here @ $35-40 per.  

Found a few at $31.99 today!

But to stay on topic. Passed on Blanton's at $140. Dallas is where Blanton dreams go to die nowadays

• I like it 1

23 hours ago, rmoore926 said:

Asked about a bottle of Pappy 23 in a store today.  Said it was going for $3800 and change.  At a different place they had CEHT sb for $53.  Never had it, and think I might like it, but wanted to do a bit of research first.  Is that a decent price for here in So Cal?  Thanks

for single barrel,  yes, its a great price.

for small batch, it's about $13 over the usual msrp that I see it for around here, but it's not a terrible price for a darn good bottle of bourbon.

On 6/1/2019 at 12:45 PM, rmoore926 said:

K&L has it for $40

5 hours ago, fosmith said:

K&L has it for $40

Single Barrel or Small Batch?  

Passed on a new bottle of the Tennessee distilled Smooth Ambler Old Scout SiB. A 13 y/o offering priced at $101... Ouch! No thanks! Loved the old Indiana produced juice, and this new stuff may be pretty good but not for me at twice the price!

Instead I went home with a Remus Repeal Reserve II at $85 and an Old Forester Rye at $24

1 hour ago, MOwhisky4me said:

Passed on a new bottle of the Tennessee distilled Smooth Ambler Old Scout SiB. A 13 y/o offering priced at $101... Ouch! No thanks! Loved the old Indiana produced juice, and this new stuff may be pretty good but not for me at twice the price!

Instead I went home with a Remus Repeal Reserve II at $85 and an Old Forester Rye at $24

I’ve been passing on the Tennessee Old Scout at like $60. The Old Forester rye at $24 is one of the best values in American whiskey currently 

• I like it 1

11 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Single Barrel or Small Batch?  

Small Batch.  That would be insane for Single Barrel.  $40's not a screaming deal for Small Batch but it's hard to find here in the
Bay Area and K&L has a good supply at the moment. 

7 hours ago, fosmith said:

Small Batch.  That would be insane for Single Barrel.  $40's not a screaming deal for Small Batch but it's hard to find here in the
Bay Area and K&L has a good supply at the moment. 

Thanks fos.  The normal price for the Small Batch around my area is $39.99. The Single Barrel is $69.99. 

Biba! Joe

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.