What Beer are you Drinking (2019)

LCWoody
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

8 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Surprised no one picked up or posted the gimmicky Goose Island Weller barrel aged bottle.

Putting aside the fact that I don't drink much beer anymore I lost my interest when it became "Bud Craft". GI sits on the shelf for weeks, maybe months, these days.

Plus it is gimmicky!

It’s been probably 15 years since I last purchased these winter ales. They got scooped into the cart yesterday. 

7D91FD54-9703-42FD-B288-CE17C4515905.jpeg

• I like it 1

Dark, cold, and breezy outside today, so I’m going with a similar beer.  Guinness Foreign Extra Stout is one of my favorite beers.  It’s silky and heavy on the palate with a touch of sweetness, but the bitterness on the end is right in my wheelhouse.  Keeps it from being cloyingly sweet, which is why I tend to steer away from the big American stouts that many are just too sweet for my tastes.  

D32271E0-6F64-44B8-909F-D88DA23599E4.jpeg

Edited by smokinjoe
  • I like it 2

That’s great. I have a customer of mine that was in the Navy in WW2 (I think he is 95 or 96) and drinks Bud Light everyday. When I go service his water system I always bring him a 6 pack. 

• I like it 2

Had the 2020 release of Hardywood's Kentucky Christmas Morning last night.  It was very good, but the coffee is nowhere to be found.  I liked how it wasn't too sweet and the ginger showed really nicely, but just was disappointed that I didn't get any coffee notes.

3 hours ago, beasled said:

I will drink to that!

Amen my British brother! ?

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

Great Lakes Brewing is my favorite brewery.  I was really bummed earlier this Fall when Covid cancelled my trip to Bardstown, and this prevented me from picking up their seasonal Oktoberfest release (GLB is not distributed in GA).  But, was in KY in mid November and picked up their Christmas Ale.  Maybe, my favorite Christmas beer release.  So good here on a nice Thursday in December, and 2 weeks ‘til Christmas.

63EBFB04-8661-4034-980A-5366DCBA2A8E.jpeg

• I like it 1

57 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Great Lakes Brewing is my favorite brewery.  I was really bummed earlier this Fall when Covid cancelled my trip to Bardstown, and this prevented me from picking up their seasonal Oktoberfest release (GLB is not distributed in GA).  But, was in KY in mid November and picked up their Christmas Ale.  Maybe, my favorite Christmas beer release.  So good here on a nice Thursday in December, and 2 weeks ‘til Christmas.

63EBFB04-8661-4034-980A-5366DCBA2A8E.jpeg

My nostalgia meter just hit 11.

More Christmas beers.  3 Taverns Feest Noel.  A wine character to it and a bruising 10% ABV.  Nice weekend starter.

FC941396-3BFB-4813-AEBB-7C408FD64FA7.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Approached with trepidation, but Damn the Prop is really really good this year. 

Creamy chocolate, vanilla with a touch of cherry. Definitely a dessert pour and  paired awesomely with some cookies.  If you have the opportunity, I highly recommend.

Think this is the first home run since the 2017 Bananas Foster Prop.  

71116E11-36D3-44F0-BA8C-B03AB6D29F2E.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Watching the horses. Yuengling  Hershey Porter. So good. Probably darker than any other beer I have ever had.

20201230_142734.jpg

Edited by Phil T

• 2 weeks later...

SweetWater Hazy IPA is brightening this cold, dreary, day

ECD8FBAB-613A-4A46-9D35-8C9DDD359CFD.jpeg

• 5 weeks later...

Buddy of mine grabbed a four-pack and shared the love. 

Fat Heads Head Hunter is easily my favorite everyday IPA. I’ve always got it in my fridge. As they say in Spinal Tap, this wet hopped one-off kicks it up to 11.

0FB56D2E-ACFD-49E5-AC5C-378FACE931C3.jpeg

• 4 months later...

My day was totally shitty until this happened.  This is as good a NEIPA as I've ever had.  And it's brewed in Portland.   The city of much great comedy.  And righteous hate.  Both ways!  Regardless these people make fantastic beer.  The fruit sours I knew about, but they've been doing good IPAs for a long time from what I can gather.   This is bullseye on style and drinks like a single.  We're lucky to be able to get it in the northeast!

IMG_7415.thumb.jpg.937a0272f138998b889dcbfcc5764c69.jpg

On to the fruiters!  And this is just ridiculously rich and delicious.  5.5 percent and the mouthfeel is like a triple.  Too much vanilla.  Maybe the thickest beer I've ever had.  I really like Great Notion!

IMG_7426.thumb.jpg.146326b04c7a279ee2e73d3392ac5af1.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.