What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today, Spring 2019

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Total haul from trip through Memphis and Nashville on the way up to Kentucky. Lots of great stuff. Sole for the bunker. Some to drink once I purge some near empties to make some shelf space. 
B0427891-DE83-42A2-A5CF-0D3CDCC4AD18.thumb.jpeg.bb4f11d0f905cd7a11744e20930df631.jpeg

Wow what a score. It would take me like two months to go through that.
  • I like it 2

19 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Wow what a score. It would take me like two months to go through that.

Well it'll likely take me a couple years haha. But quite a few of those will end up as gifts so that'll knock a few out. 

• I like it 1

Found this hidden behind a few things for $32.70 out the door. 

20190513_230959.jpg

• I like it 4

Bit of a misprice on these I think... under £45 each. Normally double that in the UK...

20190514_121329.jpg

• I like it 11

10 hours ago, Clueby said:

I don't get that at all from any Willett rye. I might have to have a pour tonight to check. I get it in pretty much anything distilled by Dickel though. Even if it's blended with other stuff I still taste it.

Nobody has agreed with me yet. So maybe it was just the release that I had (4 years at 107 proof)

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, TimeWillTell said:

Total haul from trip through Memphis and Nashville on the way up to Kentucky. Lots of great stuff. Sole for the bunker. Some to drink once I purge some near empties to make some shelf space. 

B0427891-DE83-42A2-A5CF-0D3CDCC4AD18.jpeg

That's a seriously impressive haul. Many of my favorites in there, color me envious!

1 hour ago, jwperry said:

That's a seriously impressive haul. Many of my favorites in there, color me envious!

Is that considered an "insta bunker" ??

• I like it 2

11 hours ago, TimeWillTell said:

B0427891-DE83-42A2-A5CF-0D3CDCC4AD18.jpeg

WOW!

4 minutes ago, kcgumbohead said:

Is that considered an "insta bunker" ??

Well probably doubles my bunker. I've exhausted the readily available stuff in OKC so it was time to branch out. The ER and EHT are my go to gifts (as well as McK10) and they are $80 here now IF you can find them, so I bought a few as people love receiving them. Bet I only drink 1 of each of those in table. The 4R PS and WP PS are long time wants of mine and I stocked up as they don't come to OK and it'll be 2 years before I'm back in Kentucky or Tennessee most likely. 

ETA: Willett Rye is probably my favorite of l whiskeys right now so I also decided to stock up since no Willett products come to OK. 

Edited by TimeWillTell
  • I like it 2

3 hours ago, beasled said:

Bit of a misprice on these I think... under £45 each. Normally double that in the UK...

20190514_121329.jpg

Very nice, very tasty, enjoy!

• I like it 1

2 minutes ago, TimeWillTell said:

Well probably doubles my bunker. I've exhausted the readily available stuff in OKC so it was time to branch out. The ER and EHT are my go to gifts (as well as McK10) and they are $80 here now IF you can find them, so I bought a few as people love receiving them. Bet I only drink 1 of each of those in table. The 4R PS and WP PS are long time wants of mine and I stocked up as they don't come to OK and it'll be 2 years before I'm back in Kentucky or Tennessee most likely. 

Well done, there is certainly a lot of enjoyment to be had on that table. Slainte!!

3 hours ago, beasled said:

20190514_121329.jpg

Havent seen the old bottles in a while. Good find there. 

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, mal00768 said:

Nobody has agreed with me yet. So maybe it was just the release that I had (4 years at 107 proof)

I had a bottle of that same batch and didn't pick up any vitamin note.  But perhaps your palate is more sensitive to that than mine.  Or maybe you had an off bottle.  I experienced that with two bottles of Henry McKenna BiB from the exact same barrel.  One bottle had an unpleasant medicinal note in the finish which was not present in the other.  I even did a side by side to verify. 

My notes for the flavors on the 107 rye were sweet, spicy, fruity, mint and heat.  Butter, oak, corn, rye spice and juniper on the nose.   Overall, I liked it a lot but it paled in comparison to the 126 proof batch which was amazing.  I can't wait until the 5 yr. rye becomes available here. 

Cheers!

1 minute ago, fosmith said:

I had a bottle of that same batch and didn't pick up any vitamin note.  But perhaps your palate is more sensitive to that than mine.  Or maybe you had an off bottle.  I experienced that with two bottles of Henry McKenna BiB from the exact same barrel.  One bottle had an unpleasant medicinal note in the finish which was not present in the other.  I even did a side by side to verify. 

My notes for the flavors on the 107 rye were sweet, spicy, fruity, mint and heat.  Butter, oak, corn, rye spice and juniper on the nose.   Overall, I liked it a lot but it paled in comparison to the 126 proof batch which was amazing.  I can't wait until the 5 yr. rye becomes available here. 

Cheers!

Do you know if they plan to make the regular release a 5 year? Or do they plan to keep the regular at 4 and keep releasing singles at 5-6 years? Just curious as it seems the 4 year has been the standard for a couple years now. 

7 minutes ago, TimeWillTell said:

Do you know if they plan to make the regular release a 5 year? Or do they plan to keep the regular at 4 and keep releasing singles at 5-6 years? Just curious as it seems the 4 year has been the standard for a couple years now. 

I don't know. I just assumed that since they started with a two year, then a three year, then a four year, that the pattern would continue.  At least I hope it does...

17 minutes ago, fosmith said:

I don't know. I just assumed that since they started with a two year, then a three year, then a four year, that the pattern would continue.  At least I hope it does...

I agree. Seems logical. Just wasn't sure if anyone had confirmed this. My tour guide last week at Willett wasn't sure what the plan was regarding this. 

17 hours ago, Adam777 said:

Nice score. Only one store in NW Ohio received a shipment and it was sold out at 9:03AM. I believe that’s last years EHTBP and it was a good one at that. I bought one at my local LS across the line in MI.

Glad to hear you were able to pick one up! 

15 hours ago, Bourbinvestor said:

Found this hidden behind a few things for $32.70 out the door. 

20190513_230959.jpg

Nice! I'd take a few at that price. 

2 hours ago, Tex Rob said:

20190513_141419.thumb.jpg.64c28059adb33b7623d7618e7e8a0b38.jpg

Found a dusty 2014 RRSB yesterday. 

And an opened 1.75 of WT 101 as well!

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, pouringwhiskey said:

Nice! I'd take a few at that price. 

I would have but this was the only one on the shelf. And the price wasn't listed anywhere. I have no idea how it got there. It seems as if someone was trying to hide it. I saw a few more bottles behind the register being saved for someone. 

A nice person brought these orphans across the oceans to find a forever home with me :) 

y4m69-Z4e-1rg7mxN3VZCftsPu10weA4-y-xvYbr

• I like it 9

8 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

A nice person brought these orphans across the oceans to find a forever home with me :) 

y4m69-Z4e-1rg7mxN3VZCftsPu10weA4-y-xvYbr

A trip to visit Uncle Eric might be in order! Lol. :) 

• I like it 1

I purchased 2 bottle of Elijah Craig Store Pick Single Barrels today. I should be getting another bottle of Heaven Hill juice tomorrow in some Old Fitz BIB 13yr. I'll report back if I'm lucky enough to score one.

• I like it 1

13 minutes ago, elmossle said:

I purchased 2 bottle of Elijah Craig Store Pick Single Barrels today. I should be getting another bottle of Heaven Hill juice tomorrow in some Old Fitz BIB 13yr. I'll report back if I'm lucky enough to score one.

Where are you located. I haven’t heard of any deliveries of OFBIB yet. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.