What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today, Spring 2019

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Back from a Lexington golf trip. Didn’t go too crazy. New to me are the New Riff and Nicholson 1843 which I already sampled, but need to spend more time with.

ED7D782F-E609-4BA3-895C-C9E0593537B0.jpeg

• I like it 1

Coworker went to the Derby this weekend. I’d given her a list of ones I thought may be interesting that I can’t get here. She came back today with this. 

64B3A71A-C770-4DB2-A020-A5920B36053E.jpeg

Did my first ever "shelf clearing". The wife was not happy.

I need to learn how some of you guys "bunker". No basement in Florida and my allocated shelf space is overflowing...IMG_20190507_191233020.jpgIMG_20190507_173859905_HDR.jpg

• I like it 9

19 minutes ago, jwperry said:

I need to learn how some of you guys "bunker". No basement in Florida and my allocated shelf space is overflowing...IMG_20190507_191233020.jpgIMG_20190507_173859905_HDR.jpg

That's an incredible price.

• I like it 1

I know! This flavor of Jack was on the "I'll try it after I make some room on my shelf". Plan accelerated. Lol

When I got home and brought the bags in, I had to tell the wife. Her response was "Happy father's day". I'll take it.
  • I like it 3

+1, $32 for barrel proof whiskey.

[mention=15339]jwperry[/mention] your wife doesn’t occasionally come home with four pairs of shoes she doesn’t need because it’s an incredible deal?

• I like it 1

+1, $32 for barrel proof whiskey.
[mention=15339]jwperry[/mention] your wife doesn’t occasionally come home with four pairs of shoes she doesn’t need because it’s an incredible deal?

No, she's the tight ass CFO of the house and I'm more "I make enough and can't take it with me".
Yin/Yang
  • I like it 1

No, she's the tight ass CFO of the house and I'm more "I make enough and can't take it with me".
Yin/Yang

Ha probably a good combination, someone needs to be the responsible one.
  • I like it 1

1 hour ago, jwperry said:

OMG! Well done sir! (Round of applause)... 

• I like it 1

I know! This flavor of Jack was on the "I'll try it after I make some room on my shelf". Plan accelerated. Lol

When I got home and brought the bags in, I had to tell the wife. Her response was "Happy father's day". I'll take it.

Holy shit that price is amazing.  I just paid 50ish for a bottle!

• I like it 1

3 minutes ago, AndyD said:

Holy shit that price is amazing.  I just paid 50ish for a bottle!

Yeah, no sh!t! Cheapest I’ve seen here is $69.00! :( It is high on my list of “to buys”... 

• I like it 1

Yeah, no sh!t! Cheapest I’ve seen here is $69.00! [emoji20] It is high on my list of “to buys”... 
Swing through Central Florida and we'll share a pour...or more. I have plenty to go around this week, lol.

1 hour ago, hollywood said:
Yeah, no sh!t! Cheapest I’ve seen here is $69.00! emoji20.png It is high on my list of “to buys”... 

Swing through Central Florida and we'll share a pour...or more. I have plenty to go around this week, lol.

Proud of ya! At Walgreen’s nonetheless! You can’t buy cough medicine there for that price!! Lol! Unless I’m mistaken no liquor (maybe wine) sales here at the drug stores. Again, well done! ;) 

Newcomer to this awesome brotherhood of bourbon! Was extremely excited to pick these up this past Friday; especially the EHT which is extremely hard to come by in central Ohio. Grabbed all of these at a great price with the EHT being the most expensive at $36. 

20190508_190526.jpg

• I like it 4

25 minutes ago, Bucknut51 said:

Newcomer to this awesome brotherhood of bourbon! Was extremely excited to pick these up this past Friday; especially the EHT which is extremely hard to come by in central Ohio. Grabbed all of these at a great price with the EHT being the most expensive at $36. 

20190508_190526.jpg

Nicely done sir. 

And welcome. 

• I like it 1

20190508_190526.thumb.jpg.a010028025de57b2ebcf43eed679521c.jpg
Nice score! Is the Weller Antique fairly easy to come by in Ohio?

1 minute ago, newmennium said:
48 minutes ago, Bucknut51 said:

If you know where to look it is.  Also only $30 for the time being.  Not sure when we'll get the price increase but it will happen...

2 minutes ago, newmennium said:
49 minutes ago, Bucknut51 said:

That is the first time that I have seen it at my local liquor store. My buddies who live in and around Columbus seem to be able to get it more easily, especially the WSR.

Welcome and good to see that people are still getting Antique for under mid $30s into May.

Well technically only the Saffell was a purchase today, the others where pulled from my bunker after making some space. Was looking for some of that GG laser code WT101 but my local only had the 2019. First time I saw the Saffell. Pricey at $42 for a 375 but figured I can’t call myself a Turkey head without trying it. Everything I’ve heard has been very positive. Plan on opening the two Turkey products tonight and the W12 tomorrow.

Originally posted in rye thread by mistake.

IMG_6667.JPG

• I like it 2

Well, made the road trip from OKC to Louisville with my brother. Shopped along the way. About 50% mine. 30% my brothers. 20% random people back home requests. I fear we just had a minor tater-seizure. But I got several 4R PS and Whistle Pig Picks. And a big ER magnum for a fellow SBer. 

F142E72A-F281-41E1-9B82-BEA1FECFDCEC.jpeg

• I like it 9

20 minutes ago, TimeWillTell said:

Well, made the road trip from OKC to Louisville with my brother. Shopped along the way. About 50% mine. 30% my brothers. 20% random people back home requests. I fear we just had a minor tater-seizure. But I got several 4R PS and Whistle Pig Picks. And a big ER magnum for a fellow SBer. 

F142E72A-F281-41E1-9B82-BEA1FECFDCEC.jpeg

Now THAT is a haul!!! Congrats on the scores and hope you enjoyed your trip to KY.

• I like it 1

10 minutes ago, elmossle said:

Now THAT is a haul!!! Congrats on the scores and hope you enjoyed your trip to KY.

We did, thanks! Drove through Memphis and ate at Central BBQ. Then went to Busters and Stellar Cellars for part of the above. Then drove to Nashville to tour Nelson's Green Brier Distillery and stopped at Corkdorks. Then drove to Louisville and swung into Total Wine. Pretty solid. Been saving for awhile as in OK we are pretty limited to the standard stuff and the occasional Knob or Woodford store pick. 

• I like it 2

Bought a bottle of Ezra Brooks 7 yr Barrel Strength. I had read about it but had never seen it around here. Probably open this weekend...

1 hour ago, TimeWillTell said:

We did, thanks! Drove through Memphis and ate at Central BBQ. Then went to Busters and Stellar Cellars for part of the above. Then drove to Nashville to tour Nelson's Green Brier Distillery and stopped at Corkdorks. Then drove to Louisville and swung into Total Wine. Pretty solid. Been saving for awhile as in OK we are pretty limited to the standard stuff and the occasional Knob or Woodford store pick. 

Special thanks to @lcpfratn and @FasterHorses for the tips for my trip through Tennessee!

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.