What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today, Spring 2019

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Picked up a case of JB Masters Distillers. When/If they bring it back probably will not be $21 a bottle. Best bunker case since HMcK last year at $25. :) 

Also pulled down a RY 10yr.

• I like it 3

23 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

Picked up my first Jos Magnus bottle looking forward to trying @WhiskeyBlender 's work on this one. Had not picked up an Old Ripy and being a Turkeyhead I felt compelled to pick this one that hit the discount shelf. The Baller is a bottle I'm glad to have a backup of, I really enjoy it. I don't remember ever buying the Speakeasy before but based on the dust on the bottle I'm hoping this one is more in line with the older KBD stuff I used to dig. 

y4mdal_FIA7QvApa83pgav1BHveeI0G_-7MpaxHd

@kevinbrink, what batch of Cigar Blend is this? 

Found a little old blood this afternoon. Pretty happy.  Pact 4.

20190511_163428.thumb.jpg.bcfdcc085ac5db79bba7b0114e1b292b.jpg

• I like it 1

I did not buy them, but my brother just gifted me a Blanton's Gold and a SFTB from a trip overseas.  

• I like it 7

On 5/9/2019 at 11:29 AM, BottledInBond said:

Maybe I’ve just been unlucky, but I’ve stopped several times and literally they’ve only had OBSV each time. Maybe I’ll try calling next time, but if you’ve been there once I still don’t think it’s worth stopping there multiple times unless you have a reason to believe that they have some other recipe barrels that day. There isn’t much to see and I can get any of the merchandise online from their site if I want it

Oh, I don't know. For me it's always worth the time to bask in the Kentucky countryside while I take in the sight of bourbon rickhouses in all their splendor.

• I like it 3

On a visit to central NY, I found these for $22 each at a gem of a store.

IMG_1660.jpg

• I like it 6

In search of a more readily available wheater than OWA, I picked up a bottle of David Nicholson 1843.  While not a perfect substitute, it is quite tasty and will now be a regular in the rotation...

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, newmennium said:

I cracked the Old Scout, distilled in TN. It's not great...not at all.

I don't know if it'll help or not, but I've been pouring it and letting it sit close to 30 mins.

Seems like some of the vitamin notes dissipate and I find it slightly more enjoyable.

It's not great, but I'm slowly working through it.

• I like it 1

7 minutes ago, 0895 said:

I don't know if it'll help or not, but I've been pouring it and letting it sit close to 30 mins.

Seems like some of the vitamin notes dissipate and I find it slightly more enjoyable.

It's not great, but I'm slowly working through it.

image.png.c9d1605589aa4d97444de249f96567ca.png

• I like it 6

I  had been keeping an eye on news of WTMK cornerstone, with an announced price of 175 vs. the already at the limit for me 150 of prior MK releases, I said F**k it and bought a Rare Breed and a RR SB rye. I am delighted with the results.

• I like it 2

On a visit to central NY

For some reason I now have a craving for Utica greens and Dinosaur BBQ.
  • I like it 2

I finally managed to find a bottle of EHTBP! I regret not buying more than one, but I may be single now if I went that route. 

EHTBP.jpg

• I like it 3

30 minutes ago, pouringwhiskey said:

I finally managed to find a bottle of EHTBP! I regret not buying more than one, but I may be single now if I went that route. 

EHTBP.jpg

That’s a good one, I’m gonna have some too, enjoy! Cheers! 

Will. 

• I like it 1

30 minutes ago, JMFH said:

spacer.png

The 112.8 is a LL/CK (2014) bottling and the 116.8 is LL/EK (2016).  

I am a HUGE fan of WT101, but have yet to try the Rare Breed, it's hard to justify over double the price for 15 proof points, but I guess I won't know until I try. 

That Old Ezra on the other hand, I bought a bottle of it when it first hit LS's near me, they didn't even have a price tag yet. I tried a glass when I got home and fell in love, I found a bottle one more time and purchased it for a friend (he was a tad upset I didn't get him one the first time). Now my bottle is running low and I can't seem to find another. This may be an unpopular opinion, but I think the OE7 can give ECBP a run for its money. 

• I like it 1

3 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

That’s a good one, I’m gonna have some too, enjoy! Cheers! 

Will. 

Sounds good! I'll be having myself a glass in about 4 hours when I get home from work, cheers! 

• I like it 1

On 5/11/2019 at 8:13 PM, kevinbrink said:

Lucky number 13

Wow, you're doing better than I am, @kevinbrink! I still haven't gotten my bottles of it! LOL.

Hope you're liking it though. 

Cheers,

Nancy

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, Clueby said:

image.png.c9d1605589aa4d97444de249f96567ca.png

This is also what a freshly cracked Willet Rye tastes like.

10 minutes ago, mal00768 said:

This is also what a freshly cracked Willet Rye tastes like.

I don't get that at all from any Willett rye. I might have to have a pour tonight to check. I get it in pretty much anything distilled by Dickel though. Even if it's blended with other stuff I still taste it.

9 hours ago, pouringwhiskey said:

EHTBP.jpg

Nice score. Only one store in NW Ohio received a shipment and it was sold out at 9:03AM. I believe that’s last years EHTBP and it was a good one at that. I bought one at my local LS across the line in MI.

• I like it 3

Total haul from trip through Memphis and Nashville on the way up to Kentucky. Lots of great stuff. Sole for the bunker. Some to drink once I purge some near empties to make some shelf space. 

B0427891-DE83-42A2-A5CF-0D3CDCC4AD18.jpeg

• I like it 4

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.