What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today, Spring 2019

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

21 hours ago, grantsi said:

Snagged a 2017 & 2018 Remus Repeal as well as the new old Fitzgerald BIN decanter - fracking all three tonight

I feel like there might be cheaper options when it comes to liquid for your mining operations.

Just saying...

?

• I like it 2

I feel like there might be cheaper options when it comes to liquid for your mining operations.
Just saying...
[emoji14]

100% true - between the “BIN” and “fracking” typos I can now attest there is definitely a liquid in each of those bottles that causes a degree of inebriation

Those 3 bottles were good, but not great - definitely not value plays

Just now, grantsi said:

100% true - between the “BIN” and “fracking” typos I can now attest there is definitely a liquid in each of those bottles that causes a degree of inebriation

Those 3 bottles were good, but not great - definitely not value plays

Ha!  We've all been there.

Well, at least you get a nice decanter with the Old Fitz.  :)

The Remus I really struggle with.  I love me some MGP bourbon, but didn't care much for any of the Remus releases.  I don't really understand how some of the sourced labels do such a good job with MGP bourbon, but the product they release themselves can't quite measure up.  Perhaps and understandably so, MGP doesn't want to release a better product than some of their customers do...

4 hours ago, 0895 said:

Ha!  We've all been there.

Well, at least you get a nice decanter with the Old Fitz.  :)

The Remus I really struggle with.  I love me some MGP bourbon, but didn't care much for any of the Remus releases.  I don't really understand how some of the sourced labels do such a good job with MGP bourbon, but the product they release themselves can't quite measure up.  Perhaps and understandably so, MGP doesn't want to release a better product than some of their customers do...

i tried the latest Remus release at a tasting a couple months ago. i thought it was much better than the one i tried the year before. i too wondered why it wasnt as good as some of the stuff they sourced to others. perhaps the conventional wisdom of sourcing is the opposite for mgp - they sell their best to other labels?

June's liquor budget officially expended....and maybe part of July's.

First time ever finding a MMPS & ECBP in the wild for MSRP. First time seeing WTMK 17.

I've really appreciated some Knob Creek lately, so I grabbed 2 more bottles of the Reserve (cracked into one this weekend and it was awesome!) & the last bottle of small batch store pick from Knightly Spirits.IMG_20190603_124333917_HDR.jpg

• I like it 11

Went into an LS this past weekend that I hadn't been into in ages.  Wasn't much there, but saw a Booker's for $55, so I figured I'd grab it.  Saw it was release number two as I just did a quick glance.  I thought to myself, "really strange that this place didn't have much in the way of bourbon but already had the 2nd release of '19".  Got home and was bringing my haul for the day in the house.  Upon further inspection it was release 2016-02 Annis Answer.  Sometimes it pays off to go to the old haunts.

• I like it 5

4 hours ago, jwperry said:

IMG_20190603_124333917_HDR.jpg

Nice haul!  However, I can't help but be curious as to whether you traded your child for all this?

• I like it 7

1 minute ago, Swamp55 said:

Nice haul!  However, I can't help but be curious as to whether you traded your child for all this?

I bet the kid is in the floor board!  LOL!!!  Gotta protect the juice.  :P 

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, Swamp55 said:

1 hour ago, FreddyC said:

I bet the kid is in the floor board!  LOL!!!  Gotta protect the juice.  :P 

Just threw her in the bed. I grew up in the back of a truck, she can learn how at a young age. ;)

• I like it 4

OFSiB from the distillery.  Looking forward to trying this one, selected by OF panel.

• I like it 1

36 minutes ago, JMFH said:

New batch is out.  Lowest proof yet this time out.

spacer.png

In my humble opinion the lower proof batches have been the best. Looking forward to trying this!

Wish I could grab them all, but this was my first W12. I won’t complain. 

88BA2C05-3E7C-4CAA-909E-3F91D51E1E26.jpeg

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, Supercharger said:

88BA2C05-3E7C-4CAA-909E-3F91D51E1E26.jpeg

Congratulations!  Yeah, in today's market and with scarcity, that is a good find and not a bad price!

88BA2C05-3E7C-4CAA-909E-3F91D51E1E26.thumb.jpeg.8967f8163cfd50b90974bc30eca0044c.jpeg

Good to see there not going for crazy prices, you must be in Weller land.

Found JTS Brown, Heaven Hill Green Label, Old Fitz, and Four Roses Small Batch Select.  Feeling pretty good...

• I like it 3

34 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Good to see there not going for crazy prices, you must be in Weller land.

Land of corruption and taxes. Just north of the bourbon motherland. 

22 minutes ago, Supercharger said:

Land of corruption and taxes. Just north of the bourbon motherland. 

OK, corruption confused me.   Then I realized Illinois is probably more corrupt than Indiana, Ohio, or West Virginia.  Just barely.

4 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

OK, corruption confused me.   Then I realized Illinois is probably more corrupt than Indiana, Ohio, or West Virginia.  Just barely.

Historically, probably combined. But it’s the dodo prize, so

why shall I bother trying to win it? :)

Historically, probably combined. But it’s the dodo prize, so
why shall I bother trying to win it? [emoji4]

I think most consider Texas Weller land, when you said North I assumed Oklahoma. Now I’m really confused. I think Texas can give Illinois a run for the money in corruption we just more discreet and sophisticated down here.
  • I like it 1

1 minute ago, HoustonNit said:

I think most consider Texas Weller land, when you said North I assumed Oklahoma. Now I’m really confused. I think Texas can give Illinois a run for the money in corruption we just more discreet and sophisticated down here.

Ill admit, stories I’ve heard from family friends of TX are pretty bad. 

3 minutes ago, Supercharger said:

Ill admit, stories I’ve heard from family friends of TX are pretty bad. 

whoa down, let's not besmirch Texas. 

5 hours ago, beasled said:

In my humble opinion the lower proof batches have been the best. Looking forward to trying this!

No kidding. 

Remember batch 7 (I think?) ?

128p. 

That stuff was unbelievably good!

Edited by 0895

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.