What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today, Spring 2019

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

19 hours ago, 0895 said:

Bunker project?

Different years?

or different barrels?

or ?

No nothing specific in those terms.  Just wanted to get 15 bottles in the collection.   It’s my favorite pour now.  I’m officially a bourbon hoarder.  

• I like it 2

It was father son time today. My son was looking for some beer that wasn't available in our area. He asked if I wanted to take a drive to a liquor store. Who was I to say no? :P We managed to find the beer he was looking for at a couple of places. Even though I'm trying to curtail my purchases, I found a few things that I just couldn't pass up. I purchased backup bunker bottles of ER, and Blanton's, and yet another private selection BT. All at retail.:o It was a good day.

Blanton's-$55.99

BT-$23.99

ER-$28.99

Biba! Joe

may.jpeg

• I like it 7

My haul from vacay.. My gal was a sport as I hit around 12 LS throughout the Emerald Coast and the FL panhandle.. Passed on alot of things that I either had or still not willing to pay for... Not inclusive, but $1K+ for GTS and Pappy was a no-go. I struck out on finding a back up bottle of HMK10, and no ECBP to be found. The CEHT I’d been wanting and was priced at $20-25 cheaper then the bottles I’ve seen so a no-brainer, the SP JDSB’s were mispriced at $24.99 each so I bought the only 2 they had, and the BIB OGD was cheap and I haven’t seen in years so that’s that. Put a major dent in a bottle of ECSmB in the evenings on the balcony overlooking the Gulf. :) So sad to be back, and going back to work in the AM. :( 

E890E9CF-94D3-4AE4-A71C-6C7389B21F74.jpeg

• I like it 7

Found a lonely bottle of this at the grocery store, for a friend that has been having trouble locating it since “the incident”

31D82181-97EE-4E09-9A1B-5F82D33DF254.jpeg

• I like it 4

Did the New Riff tour today while picking up my bottle of Single Barrel Rye (distillery only release via online sales).  Looking forward to doing a SBS with the Willett 4 year rye I have.  Grabbed another bottle of the regular single barrel while I was at it.  Apparently they have a malted rye release coming up in the next few months.  Sounds interesting.  5 year single barrel should be later this year.

spacer.png

• I like it 4

Found an old dusty of Baker’s. I’m not sure when the gold band around the neck disappeared but this bottle appears to be from 2008. Sitting right next to an Old Whiskey River bottle with the guitar pick still attached to it. I’m still debating whether I’m going back for it.  I bought the Baker’s for $43 and the River bottle was priced at $26. It’s always fun finding older stuff. 

02573BD2-1F9B-4809-B751-11E5438551E3.jpeg

967B5A52-6C32-42F3-9460-ED3780BEF97D.jpeg

• I like it 7

On 5/27/2019 at 11:07 AM, 0895 said:

Found a lonely bottle of this at the grocery store, for a friend that has been having trouble locating it since “the incident”

31D82181-97EE-4E09-9A1B-5F82D33DF254.jpeg

Fairly recently I finally found a bottle of the HMK10 at a very unlikely “LS”... errr.. Discount Tobacco Shop purchasing 1 of the 3 bottles they had. I myself, am hoping one of the bottles remains for a back up upon a return visit soon.. :) 

On 5/24/2019 at 12:11 PM, Adam777 said:

Went in the LS for some OGD BIB and left with some EHT as well. I couldn’t pass up for $38 especially when OGD only set me back $21. 

E8FBF5A9-474F-4907-9C73-161C70F0F33D.jpeg

A7’s, nice pick ups.. I bought both of these on my recent vacation run. Gave $22 for the Bonded OGD, and not embarrassed to say that I paid $56 each for the 2 bottles of CEHT. Something I thought I had to have! Every bottle that I’ve found prior has run northwards of $70 and most in the low $80’s... So, a thumbs up and well done to you. ;) 

On 5/24/2019 at 7:53 PM, Limegoldconvertible68 said:

Right there with you on Distiller’s Cut. I have one store with it still on the shelf and I grabbed one today. I have done some blind testing against Legent and I have a very difficult time differentiating between the two. Throw in the price difference and it’s the Best Buy out there right now. 

That’s interesting on Legent. It’s on my hit list. I recently spotted it on the most recent  price list here in Michigan, but my LS guy says it won’t be here until 2020! Guess I’ll continue to track down DC and add them to my collection...since I know l’ll enjoy them. 

On 5/11/2019 at 4:57 PM, FacePlant said:

Picked up a case of JB Masters Distillers. When/If they bring it back probably will not be $21 a bottle. Best bunker case since HMcK last year at $25. :) 

Also pulled down a RY 10yr.

Distiller’s Cut or the distiller series from 2007 (?)

Just now, newmennium said:

Weller Wednesday!! Only took 2 years of hunting...IMG_20190529_191538662.jpeg

Fantastic!! Had it before?  

• I like it 1

Just now, newmennium said:

Thanks! No I haven't. Had the SR and 107.

Its awesome..probably won't come close to meeting expectations but its still one of the best. Drink one and more will appear. 

• I like it 1

20 minutes ago, newmennium said:

Thanks! No I haven't. Had the SR and 107.

Between the w12 and owa, I like the owa better most times. Also, around here, owa is available most of the time. Enjoy ever sip of the w12. 

• I like it 1

Early Times Bottled in Bond hit the Texas market recently. BIB Brown Forman, 1L at $23 man I hope it’s good. Want this to be a regular in the rotation. I’ve almost bought the ET straight bourbon they sell in Europe but turned off by the 80 proof.

• I like it 1

Early Times Bottled in Bond hit the Texas market recently. BIB Brown Forman, 1L at $23 man I hope it’s good. Want this to be a regular in the rotation. I’ve almost bought the ET straight bourbon they sell in Europe but turned off by the 80 proof.

Didn’t read your post before posting mine, but I just bought the same bottle. I hear good things and will open soon.
  • I like it 1

Bad day for the wallet. Grabbed 4 bottles of ECBP B519, 2 for me and 2 for a fellow SBer. Don't worry, I left plenty on the shelf for others. I also managed to score 2 additional bottles of ECBP A119 as well. With those 4 bottles, I might have enough to make it until the fall when C919 is released.?

Edited by elmossle
  • I like it 2

2 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

I really like the ET BIB. I picked up a bottle of it late last year while in Kentucky and wish I had grabbed more.....Especially after the wife accidentally used a good amount of it while cooking instead of the standard 80proof Early Times I told her to use. Oh well. Luckily a 1L is only $20-25 and we make fairly regular trips back to Louisville.

• I like it 1

Picked up Old Ezra BP and a replacement RHF for the recently deceased bottle I’ve been nursing the past 2 years. 

13 hours ago, newmennium said:

Weller Wednesday!! Only took 2 years of hunting...

Congrats.  All things Weller are pretty much a unicorn now in NJ, but thankfully, some foresight and a deep bunker have kept me pumping with Weller for years now. 

And do try to avoid falling into the trap of drinking W12 thinking about what the hype train has brought it to, and just take it for what it was years ago, which is a darn good well-aged wheater priced around $20-$30 (yeah, hard to wrap your head around that I am sure...).  Enjoy.

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.