What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today, Summer 2019

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

43 minutes ago, DCFan said:

I see that recycling symbol on the bottle there. Was that even a thing in '83? Where's our plastics guy?? :) 

1970.. i looked that one up  already

• I like it 1

WT 101 family size $30.59

MM 46 $28

Probably going back for more Turkey.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Phil T said:

WT 101 family size $30.59

MM 46 $28

Probably going back for more Turkey.

Those are stellar prices.   Nice. 

Check one off my Hit List.. :) I found this ECBP A119 at a ABC store across town that hadn’t frequented.. After much searching this LS actually had 6-8 bottles. Picked up a Woodford DO also.. I’ve figured out that they all have the same suspects, but some have their onesy’s here and there that another my not have or carry.

9133EA42-9DB8-46CC-81BE-2547D4822966.jpeg

• I like it 9

13 hours ago, EarthQuake said:

Blaum Bros, which is a bit under 2 hours away from me here in Iowa City, just released a new batch of the 12. So we got in the car and took a drive. Stopped at a few stores just across border in IL and found a few store picks and other goodies that are harder to find in Iowa.

blaum.jpg

Very jealous of those Blaum. Worth the drive IMO. Great juice 

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, hollywood said:

Check one off my Hit List.. :) I found this ECBP A119 at a ABC store across town that hadn’t frequented.. After much searching this LS actually had 6-8 bottles. Picked up a Woodford DO also.. I’ve figured out that they all have the same suspects, but some have their onesy’s here and there that another my not have or carry.

9133EA42-9DB8-46CC-81BE-2547D4822966.jpeg

My taste buds think the A119 batch is high on the list of perfect bourbons. Hope you find the same. 

• I like it 1

I was surprised to see these show up just now, even more shocked that the price was "right".

y4mLhcY0M5HRMhb0-qPIaApLp1W9Apl4ytA2MgF8

• I like it 16

8 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Very jealous of those Blaum. Worth the drive IMO. Great juice 

Usually we get the short end of the stick here in Iowa when it comes to allocated stuff and harder to find bottles, but being within driving distance to Galena has its perks.

• I like it 1

I was surprised to see these show up just now, even more shocked that the price was "right".
y4mLhcY0M5HRMhb0-qPIaApLp1W9Apl4ytA2MgF8PhyN4mrHcvncW1IXN3jE0U-412t2rX450p_r0TjcMI0S5ye1NjfHzAnFvJcfCogj4t0hLhf62o9TfJLNNlTfK-MffEew9-hHeTGf2LYjVqT0LYJ92CPHJYagl4ULFmNoN2lfOlSg9OiWca3iH67tso8KCOq?width=768&height=1024&cropmode=none

Well, congrats to you on your luck! I had the lucky opportunity to get one bottle of the very few that were available in my market.
  • I like it 1

14 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

y4mLhcY0M5HRMhb0-qPIaApLp1W9Apl4ytA2MgF8

If you don't mind me asking, what did you end up getting these for?

Thanks,

5 hours ago, PhantomLamb said:

If you don't mind me asking, what did you end up getting these for?

Thanks,

$225 a pop  

21 hours ago, Bret Bret said:

My taste buds think the A119 batch is high on the list of perfect bourbons. Hope you find the same. 

Our local club (25+ ppl) did a blind tasting for barrel proofs last month.  There were 6 bottles and the A119 won.  Even over the gts.  Bulleit barrel strength even held its own.

Picked up some summer bottles. WSR - $22.99, RY10 - $59.99 & the WT101 for $40 on sale. Got the best mixer ever for summer drinks, a good bourbon on a hot day and a relaxing bourbon for night with some complexity. I’m happy and I left 5 RY10 on the shelf. 

8AA4AD65-E1B0-461B-8C9A-1773FCC172F9.jpeg

33 minutes ago, Adam777 said:

Picked up some summer bottles. WSR - $22.99, RY10 - $59.99 & the WT101 for $40 on sale. Got the best mixer ever for summer drinks, a good bourbon on a hot day and a relaxing bourbon for night with some complexity. I’m happy and I left 5 RY10 on the shelf. 

8AA4AD65-E1B0-461B-8C9A-1773FCC172F9.jpeg

Assuming that the one on the lift is the mixer and the one on the right is the one for relaxing at night with some complexity ;) 

• I like it 5

ET Bib is available now in GA and I happily added one to my stock today. 

• I like it 3

On 7/2/2019 at 10:19 PM, kevinbrink said:

Assuming that the one on the lift is the mixer and the one on the right is the one for relaxing at night with some complexity ;) 

C20D421D-EF61-4F55-9905-45B990176443.gif

• I like it 2

Early bird gets the... horse?

Whatever.  :)

Happy Independence Day guys & gals!

03F5FE3C-C713-4289-A40B-F827D2EC5B74.jpeg

• I like it 10

Just now, 0895 said:

Early bird gets the... horse?

Whatever.  :)

Happy Independence Day guys & gals!

03F5FE3C-C713-4289-A40B-F827D2EC5B74.jpeg

Way to go! Happy 4th! 

• I like it 2

Went to pick up a bottle of Beam this morning in a show of support for them after their fire.  I then noticed the 1792 Single Barrel, so felt compelled to get it too, as a show of support for Barton from their rickhouse collapse.  And then, I saw the Four Roses Yellow Label, and figured if I bought it now, that might reverse Karma things, and prevent something bad from happening there...  If this works for 24 hours, I’ll go back and get a BT, Maker’s, Rittenhouse, Kentucky Spirit, Old Forester, Dickel, and Daniel’s tomorrow.  I feel I owe it to them...  :D

B5A1B02E-736B-413B-90DA-EE09EAB41BB2.jpeg

• I like it 10

That double oak Beam is ok for the price. Little short on taste. Bought this today. 20190704_132451.jpg

I craved to the pressure and got a Henry McKenna 10yr. Left a Blanton's and two ECBP B519s on the shelf. 

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Went to pick up a bottle of Beam this morning in a show of support for them after their fire.  I then noticed the 1792 Single Barrel, so felt compelled to get it too, as a show of support for Barton from their rickhouse collapse.  And then, I saw the Four Roses Yellow Label, and figured if I bought it now, that might reverse Karma things, and prevent something bad from happening there...  If this works for 24 hours, I’ll go back and get a BT, Maker’s, Rittenhouse, Kentucky Spirit, Old Forester, Dickel, and Daniel’s tomorrow.  I feel I owe it to them...  :D

B5A1B02E-736B-413B-90DA-EE09EAB41BB2.jpeg

I bought a 1792 High Rye, WT101, and ECBP on Sunday so I will retroactively claim solidarity with your endeavor.

13 minutes ago, flahute said:

I bought a 1792 High Rye, WT101, and ECBP on Sunday so I will retroactively claim solidarity with your endeavor.

I knew you’d be there, bro.   :D

297262DF-54F1-46F4-B184-A70CFD8D7738.jpeg

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.