What Bourbon Are You Drinking? (Summer 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

3 hours ago, 0895 said:

Pour of WR or KC is $11 at the hotel bar. 

Lucky there’s a liquor store next door. 

Got this 375 for $15. 

It’s been awhile since I’ve had std. EC

Wow, this is really darn good. 

Just liquid caramel throughout with a little spice kick on the end. 

I’m already sad I can’t bring it home with me on the plane.

C0C8F818-E27A-4637-A726-293400FC359B.jpeg

Great find!  I have been seeing these 375s everywhere lately.   I have really enjoyed recent EC NAS.  

Edited by mbroo5880i

31 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Cracked open a fresh OEBP tonight.  Enjoying it while soaking the creaky bones after a weekend of honey-do work. Two wasp stings in two days while swapping out the shutters on the front of the house.

AHAH!!!   The correct cure for snakebite and wasp stings (as well as a multitude of other ailments, I might add)... BOURBON; of course!   ?

• I like it 3

8 hours ago, jwperry said:

This year's A release was a bit hard to swallow. I ended up blending mine with standard NAS EC.

The B release is phenomenal.

I really love ECBP.  However, I fought long and hard with A119 through a bottle and a half to find the sweet spot.  For me, at this point in time the sweet spot for this bottle is around 105 proof.  I have about a half bottle left so who knows where the sweet spot will be a month from now.  The only other bottle I have struggled with was Batch #1.  I should point out that even though I have struggled to find a sweet spot, most pours have far exceeded other bourbons.  I have not seen B519 in Indiana.

• I like it 1

4 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

AHAH!!!   The correct cure for snakebite and wasp stings (as well as a multitude of other ailments, I might add)... BOURBON; of course!   ?

In doctor terminology, p.o. of course.

3 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

I’ll admit, I don’t get as much of an oak kick out of the NAS EC (at times) as compared to the 12 te AS version, but everything else has really shone well in the current iteration in every bottle and bar pour I’ve had.  

Agreed. 

I like the oakyness of the old 12y, but I like this too. 

Nice to see that EC is still good after losing the age statement. 

20 minutes ago, hollywood said:

Well deserved.. a primo stogie and you’d be all set! ;) 

I like the SMELL of a good cigar but not smoking them.

• I like it 1

4 minutes ago, Clueby said:

I like the SMELL of a good cigar but not smoking them.

I can appreciate that.. I do LOVE smoking a good cigar, but I agree they do actually smell better then they taste at times..

• I like it 1

5 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Agreed. 

I like the oakyness of the old 12y, but I like this too. 

Nice to see that EC is still good after losing the age statement. 

This exactly!  I like both and enjoy both for different reasons.  Sometimes l like oaky without it being overbearing like EC18.  I also like the EC profile in the 8 to 9 year range.

2 minutes ago, hollywood said:

I can appreciate that.. I do LOVE smoking a good cigar, but I agree they do actually smell better then they taste at times..

As a youth, I occasionally over indulged on wine and cigars....we all know where that leads....so I have difficulty enjoying either.

• I like it 1

OWA!  It always tastes better when you find a 6 or 7 year old (half empty) bottle stashed in a stash you'd forgotten about.   ;)

• I like it 4

Old Fitz 9, 11 & 13 tasting.

Great stuff! 13 takes the cake after sitting for a bit.

Cheers! ??

4B4B2388-E05E-4AC4-BDAF-8D64E35F7418.jpeg

Edited by Bourbon Fanatic
  • I like it 4

9 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

In doctor terminology, p.o. of course.

Hmmmmm...'p.o.' . . . ????  ?  What do it mean, Doc?

1 hour ago, Richnimrod said:

Latin - "per os" - meaning by mouth (taken orally).  I am a doctor (Ph.D. in Civil Engineering from a little technical school down the river from Hahvahd) and I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night!   ?

• I like it 7

13 hours ago, Phil T said:

Dang Frank!! Weller 4 grain AND grilled octopus? I need to hang with you.?

SWMBO and I (or is it me - English is NOT my native language) on the upper deck of the 7th Wave restaurant in Rockport, MA enjoying lunch on a beautiful Sunday afternoon.  No bourbon, tho' - had a lot more driving to do before the day was done.   

Rockport Sunday.jpeg

Edited by GeeTen
Grammar, maybe?
  • I like it 8

32 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

SWMBO and I (or is it me - English is NOT my native language) on the upper deck of the 7th Wave restaurant in Rockport, MA enjoying lunch on a beautiful Sunday afternoon.  No bourbon, tho' - had a lot more driving to do before the day was done.   

Rockport Sunday.jpeg

Looks like you guys are having fun!! Upper deck of our Destin condo Sunday. We love the beach

20190811_162539.jpg

• I like it 5

8 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

As GeeTen said, orally rather than topically. Even for snakebites and wasp stings.

Similarly,  I am an engineer but I do have some medical knowledge from my days in the military.  

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 2

Oooooh.   Bourbon? Topically?   That would be, under any circumstances I can conjure, never indicated for an ailment!    :o

Although a well-aged Bourbon does make a fine cologne.    Applied to certain body parts, at just the right times, it can even be an effective aphrodisiac....I'm told....  ?

JTS Brown BIB in the glass as I comment here. It looks like I’m probably gonna be sticking with my BIB’s for a while. It appears that I’ve lost my Weller mojo. ?  Vosgar invited me and Galvin0791 over to his house yesterday for food, fun, cigars and bourbon. While we enjoyed several very nice bourbons, first and foremost on the agenda was a blind SBSBS of Weller 12’s. There was a new bottle of Weller 12 along with a couple of fairly well known private selections from 2007 and 2009. I thought I had a pretty good handle on all three, but in the end, I didn’t even get  one right. No longer am I a Weller whore. I reckon I’m just a regular ol’ bourbon bitch until further notice. ?

Biba! Joe

• I like it 5

29 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

No longer am I a Weller whore. I reckon I’m just a regular ol’ bourbon bitch until further notice. ?

Biba! Joe

So many thoughts running through my feeble brain.......  The filter in my head is over-heating, buddy.

Regardless, it was a good time yesterday :D

• I like it 2

Figured I best be getting to finishing this one.  So, a pour tonight after din-din.  As chewy, leathery, spicy, and rich dark fruits lusciousness as it ever was.  Plus, these old Russell’s Reserve bottles are just gorgeous.  Probably, in my Top 5 bourbon bottles of all time for clean, unpretentious while dignified, elegance.  

F18C9387-B381-4307-A124-A7DDFACBDB07.jpeg

• I like it 10

Figured I best be getting to finishing this one.  So, a pour tonight after din-din.  As chewy, leathery, spicy, and rich dark fruits lusciousness as it ever was.  Plus, these old Russell’s Reserve bottles are just gorgeous.  Probably, in my Top 5 bourbon bottles of all time for clean, unpretentious while dignified, elegance.  

F18C9387-B381-4307-A124-A7DDFACBDB07.thumb.jpeg.bd4b6b732b90facce62a687473cbf6a0.jpeg

Ahh that’s what those look like when people actually drink them and there nearly empty.

Agree very nice unpretentious bottle.

On 8/11/2019 at 12:29 PM, macdad said:

Yes, I am new to bourbon sipping.  I definitely won't write it off forever, but I don't care for it at this point.  Your advice is sound and I do appreciate it!  I will definitely revisit it in time.

I cracked the HH 6 year bourbon today.  It was OK.  It didn't seem particularly complex.  For my tastes, it is sippable, but it will probably be used as a mixer as well.

Do not use the HH6yr as a mixer. Set it aside and wait. You will thank me later.

• I like it 4

7 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

JTS Brown BIB in the glass as I comment here. It looks like I’m probably gonna be sticking with my BIB’s for a while. It appears that I’ve lost my Weller mojo. ?  Vosgar invited me and Galvin0791 over to his house yesterday for food, fun, cigars and bourbon. While we enjoyed several very nice bourbons, first and foremost on the agenda was a blind SBSBS of Weller 12’s. There was a new bottle of Weller 12 along with a couple of fairly well known private selections from 2007 and 2009. I thought I had a pretty good handle on all three, but in the end, I didn’t even get  one right. No longer am I a Weller whore. I reckon I’m just a regular ol’ bourbon bitch until further notice. ?

Biba! Joe

No, no, no, no, no, no. I do not accept this. It's simply a glitch in the Matrix. 

• I like it 6

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.