What Bourbon Are You Drinking? (Summer 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It was a rather busy weekend so we didn't have much time to get much done around the house. I got home from work today and I'm taking care of that. Laundry, dishes, etc.... Listening to some tunes and having a couple of pours of a blend. No, it's not a Weller Blend. :o I decided to try something different and do a HH BIB blend. Pretty much equal parts JTS Brown, JW Dant and EW BIB's. :D Nothing really earth shattering, but it ain't too bad if I do say so myself. The best descriptor I can use is that it tastes like a HH 6yr BIB in waiting. ?

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

On 8/15/2019 at 10:05 PM, mbroo5880i said:

Your glass and the bottle appear to have reached equilibrium.  You need to resolve that problem.

Problem resolved. 

IMG_1920.jpg

• I like it 3

This is a good bottle of ER10, and sipping very nicely tonight.  Sweetish early, but nice BT earthy notes keep it from getting cloying.  All comes together wonderfully.

• I like it 3

Another hefty pour of OFBIB 1897 :).. watching an episode of Gunsmoke :) on my 3rd load of laundry :(

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, kemosabe said:

Tonight's lineup -  in order of tastiness.

IMG_1576.jpg

So obviously starting from Center, going..... left ???

?

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 4

1 hour ago, kemosabe said:

Tonight's lineup -  in order of tastiness.

IMG_1576.jpg

What recipe is the 4R PS

11 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Looks like an OESK from the color.

? no doubt that deep amber screams low rye! 

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, 0895 said:

F15D35B7-C800-4EC3-AA9F-9DFF6EFB0768.jpeg

I have a bottle of the 24 year old open and had a pour on Sunday.  I've really been enjoying it.  It seems to be getting sweeter, with fewer of the acetone notes that it had when first opened.  Good stuff!

• I like it 1

It was "dry hump" day at work today. ? I'll be having a couple of pours from a newly opened 18 WLW

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

2 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

It was "dry hump" day at work today. ? I'll be having a couple of pours from a newly opened 18 WLW

Biba! Joe

We would expect nothing less.

• I like it 1

EW BIB this evening.   My usual is Dant and I find the EW more nutty while the Dant a little more spicy.

• I like it 1

Just now, TwoFingers said:

EW BIB this evening.   My usual is Dant and I find the EW more nutty while the Dant a little more spicy.

I also prefer Dant, but they're both always welcome in my glass. I recently emptied a bottle of Dant. I need to just buy a handle to fill my empty 750. 

19 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

I also prefer Dant, but they're both always welcome in my glass. I recently emptied a bottle of Dant. I need to just buy a handle to fill my empty 750. 

Right with you.  I can only get Dant here in handles but was able to find a 750 in KY that I could use to refill.  

• I like it 1

I finished off a warehouse F tonight, so I decided to replace it with this one. It doesnt quite have the same WT spice,  but it's pretty darn good. The nose absolutely screams WT, which makes me happy. 

20190821_213124.jpg

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.