What Bourbon Are You Drinking? (Summer 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Drinking a little chilled KCSiB. Good stuff.  

However the real story of the night, check out what my wife’s cousin in law made for me!! 

5E8F1799-BDF1-4EBC-A8BE-FEFBF4601657.jpeg

• I like it 19

12 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

However the real story of the night, check out what my wife’s cousin in law made for me!! 

That's awesome!

14 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

They would have a built in market for those on here if they want to make more!!!

Last night started with BT PS.  Moved on to KC SiB PS and finished up with EC BP A117.  The EC is finally opening up for me.  Before it was so hot I could barely drink it.  Last night was the first time I've actually enjoyed it.

• I like it 2

I need something to get me completely over the hump on this Wednesday of a tough week so far, so I pulled out the GBS PS Elijah Craig 15 yr Barrel Proof to help.  The “Amnesia Bottle” is quickly helping me forget the first 3 days...  :D

2F0BD210-B7AB-450D-9E52-BE081C5FFD91.jpeg

• I like it 9

No the cat doesn’t drink Old Forester. 

Yes, that is her blanket. 

It would be a whole lot cooler if she did drink Old Forester though...

This stuff is good!

51E398FB-15F1-4BD0-B249-8B7EBC326F1A.jpeg

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

I need something to get me completely over the hump on this Wednesday of a tough week so far, so I pulled out the GBS PS Elijah Craig 15 yr Barrel Proof to help.  The “Amnesia Bottle” is quickly helping me forget the first 3 days...  :D

I see HH went all out for your GBS label. Did you guys misbehave during the pick? :D

Edited by Vosgar

I have been absolutely KILLING this bottle of WTRB from the freezer. Only 1 or 2 pours left.

• I like it 4

I got around to trying the new Very Old Barton 100 proof "crafted" (used to be bottled in bond).  This has been a regular in my line up since the days of buying the 6 year old bottled in bond anchor bottle in KY.

The newest version seems OK.  I still hate to see the bonded designation go away..

• I like it 1

Had a couple ounces of RR10 last night while playing some Call of Duty with my daughter.  Good times!

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, PaulO said:

I got around to trying the new Very Old Barton 100 proof "crafted" (used to be bottled in bond).  This has been a regular in my line up since the days of buying the 6 year old bottled in bond anchor bottle in KY.

The newest version seems OK.  I still hate to see the bonded designation go away..

You and me both, that move really pissed me off.

14 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Well this is good fodder for a 1k post. Joe, I regret missing the cut on getting in on this bottling. I knew of it but never got to sample till this past April. GBS has a history of mighty fine barrel selections and this one was one of my holy s%&t!! bourbon moments. That is just a dynamite pour, the company and environment weren't too shabby either. Don't know how ya did it but damn glad you did.

• I like it 1

17 hours ago, flahute said:

I have been absolutely KILLING this bottle of WTRB from the freezer. Only 1 or 2 pours left.

I haven't bought Rare Breed in a coupe years. I think I will pick one up this weekend and pop it in the freezer!!

49 minutes ago, dad-proof said:

Happy hour in Nashville off to an excellent start:

IMG_20190829_174112.thumb.jpg.f135f2b0527040b3417c2c861d8a3454.jpg

You a Georgia fan or live in Nashville?

20 minutes ago, BusterChestnut said:

You a Georgia fan or live in Nashville?

Georgia fan. Here for work and planning to make a weekend of it, and go to the game if I can find reasonable tickets.

Rollong right along with a downgrade to a $9 pour:

IMG_20190829_185339.thumb.jpg.6ad3dbd894bee0460b1a10d2d08ac20a.jpg

• I like it 4

Just now, dad-proof said:

Georgia fan. Here for work and planning to make a weekend of it, and go to the game if I can find reasonable tickets.

Good taste in football and whiskey ?

Go dawgs

• I like it 1

20 hours ago, Vosgar said:

I see HH went all out for your GBS label. Did you guys misbehave during the pick? :D

LOL!  Misbehave???  Nous???  Of course!    :D  

A friend offered me some Journeyman after work. The oak screams small cask maturation, but it was fairly original tasting.

1 hour ago, dad-proof said:

Downgrade?

Barely!

• I like it 1

13 hours ago, kcgumbohead said:

You and me both, that move really pissed me off.

After careful evaluation, I can say the "crafted" VOB does not please my palate as much as the bonded.  It is more thin and dry, lacks some richness.  It doesn't beg you to have another pour.

VOB "crafted" is ok for bottom shelf 100 proof.  The bonded version was always more than that.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.