What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Fall 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I got this in the mail from a kind internet soul. I love this label. I'm incredibly excited to crack it open.  I've never seen it on shelves here in STL.  I'm saving it to be my first pour when our first son is born in late January or early February (I told the Misses she should hang on till Feb 29. She didnt think that was funny).

I also picked up a pair of EC SiBs. 

20191121_161847.jpg

Edited by JCwhammie
  • I like it 8

19 minutes ago, Supercharger said:

Congrats on the pending addition!

Yes, and please keep us updated.

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

I'm saving it to be my first pour when our first son is born in late January or early February.

Well Then!   Congratulations in advance on the blessed event, JCw!

I'm the proud owner of a couple bottles of W12. When I was told how much I just pretended the cough was coming from a freshly acquired cold. Then it dawned on me that's the same price as last year. FOR THE F-ING 1/2 GAL.

Well that's where we're at!

31 minutes ago, FacePlant said:

I'm the proud owner of a couple bottles of W12. When I was told how much I just pretended the cough was coming from a freshly acquired cold. Then it dawned on me that's the same price as last year. FOR THE F-ING 1/2 GAL.

Well that's where we're at!

Well, after thinking this over, I'd have made the same choice.  I ONLY use the W12 for blending/vatting (Weller Blend,. etc.).  Hence, I "cost average".  Trust me - it doesn't hurt as much if you do this.:D

On 11/20/2019 at 8:44 PM, Cigars&Bourbon said:

I have/had this bottle - it's not bad. If you live in Atlanta go to Sigman bottle shop (just east of Atlanta). They have a RR pick along with some other really good bottles.

Thank you so much man, I’ve been having a really hard time locating RR picks in Georgia.

i really appreciate that, I’ll go by there today! 

• I like it 1

Thanks to @Cigars&Bourbon I finally found a RR store pick that’s accessible to me locally. Also got an OF single barrel. Got to talk to the gentleman that picked them and he raved about the OF
Great store, will be my new go-to. Thank you again amigo! 

722322A2-7107-4A19-BDA7-DF4A68A812A5.thumb.jpeg.bdcb079490cbd3b5c8da30101d63652d.jpeg

Edited by Iron ghost
  • I like it 5

On 11/19/2019 at 9:54 AM, GoCubs85 said:

Ok, tell me this is worth $140?  Stumbled upon it and bought because it’s gotten some hype and 6 bottles the store had quickly turned into 3...hoping it’s a winner

67001807-BEE1-4F08-8588-A878009B8830.jpeg

I’ve heard good things about it. Sadly I blew through my budget for the month already. 

While hoping for some W12, I picked up some ETBIB, Nelson's Greenbrier, and OF 100 Rye while out of town recently.  Gotta finish one or two others before opening more.  

• I like it 1

Got these this week. The Staggs will be Christmas gifts!

The rest I picked up because I've heard good things. Picked up the HWRR because it's an older bottling, and I'm not sure when they switched over to their own distillate. 

IMG_20191122_152056.jpg

• I like it 2

On 11/20/2019 at 5:59 PM, JMFH said:

Today's pick-ups.   Baker's was $40, way cheaper than OH prices.

spacer.png

Have you tried the rye yet? I won't pick mine up until next week.

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, Phil T said:

Have you tried the rye yet? I won't pick mine up until next week.

Not yet.  Looking to do a SBS w/ their SiB rye.  Will probably do it tomorrow.

5 hours ago, ABVT said:

The rest I picked up because I've heard good things. Picked up the HWRR because it's an older bottling, and I'm not sure when they switched over to their own distillate. 

IMG_20191122_152056.jpg

Wouldn't mind being on your Chtistmad list. :)

I like the HWRR, I am thinking that if it is 2016 or older, I here isn't much of theirs in it.  Could be wrong.

5 hours ago, ABVT said:

IMG_20191122_152056.jpg

HWRR still isn’t all their own distillate. They’ve generally been fairly transparent on that fact and list info on their website. If you look today it still lists 95/5 MGP as part of RR.  The older RR was both MGP and Barton rye. The versions that still had Barton I assume would be considered more desirable to some people. At some point it included 16 year Barton. Today their site says 4-7 year blend. 

Current HWRR is still pretty good. But clearly not the same. Enjoy your finds 

34 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Picked up an RC6 today.

Got to try it when I crashed @JoeTerp ‘s party last month and it was darn tasty!

?

C3C1208A-C737-4337-AF08-706C8D2083A5.jpeg

Got one on Monday.  First impression was dry and tannic, but need to revisit.

• I like it 1

8 minutes ago, mal00768 said:

Picked this up @9am this morning. Had to get there before GeeTen bought them all.

BF77756A-F788-4D99-B0D0-C5F0D50D9A17.jpeg

I am so jealous.  OESQ is my favorite PS recipe.  And YES, getting there before GT did was crucial - he, too, drools when he sees it - I know because I've watched him.:D

• I like it 3

After years of hunting and trying to source any kind of Van Winkle, I was finally able to get my hands on ORVW at MSRP $75 via ABC's Vault (loyalty program - 1 bottle per customer).    Pappy 15 ($150) and 20 ($219) were gone by the time I got to ABC's Vault website but I was beyond ecstatic when ORVW was still available.   Passed on GTS, ER17, Weller 12  (and many others). 

Pappy ORVW 11-23-2019.JPG

• I like it 6

9 minutes ago, Whitewhale said:

After years of hunting and trying to source any kind of Van Winkle, I was finally able to get my hands on ORVW at MSRP $75 via ABC's Vault (loyalty program - 1 bottle per customer).    Pappy 15 ($150) and 20 ($219) were gone by the time I got to ABC's Vault website but I was beyond ecstatic when ORVW was still available.   Passed on GTS, ER17, Weller 12  (and many others). 

Pappy ORVW 11-23-2019.JPG

Congrats!

Now don’t be afraid to open and enjoy it!

also, your name/pic cracks me up every time.

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 2

A few to get ready for the Holidays- JD Single Barrel Barrel Proof Store Pick, MM Private Select Store Pick, Russell Reserve Single Barrel, Blanton's, Barrel Bourbon Store Pick and Booker's 19-03 Batch.

IMG_7140.thumb.jpg.6f786cc1e5afd64b9ced85bfa77b55b8.jpg

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.