What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Fall 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 11/3/2019 at 6:44 PM, Vosgar said:

I'd been such a good boy for soooo long at not buying bourbon just because the price was great, but today I caved and bought a RR10yr for $21.99. I just couldn't stop myself........

The conversation that went on in my half empty skull went something along the lines of:

How much whiskey do you already have?   Answer: Way too much

So why are you even thinking about buying more?   Answer: Because I'm an idiot, but it's a great price!!!

Should buy a case or two?   Answer: I really, really, want to but that would be beyond stupid

Finally I justified the purchase of one bottle by remembering I'd recently finished one of these, and even though there are numerous other ones already in the bunker, I should replace the dead one. :unsure:

While I was at it, bought a Rare Breed for $37.99 and a bottle from the darkside.

So much for my bourbon zen

I bought the exact same two bottles on Monday while at Wild Turkey doing a barrel pick. I bought them for the “bottles I keep at my parents house” stash.. Thry don’t drink so I’m safe.

• I like it 1

On 11/5/2019 at 11:55 AM, GeeTen said:

Warehouse KE, Barrel No. 63.6Q.  HTH.   ?

Warehouse KE. Barrel No. 63.6L!  Very close!  I was surprised how good it was at 8.5 years. 

What does HTH mean?

• I like it 2

1 minute ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Warehouse KE. Barrel No. 63.6L!  Very close!  I was surprised how good it was at 8.5 years. 

What does HTH mean?

Great nose, lots of sweet caramel and a hint of chocolate on the palate with a long, long finish.  Beautiful color, too!  Me likee!   ?

"Hope That Helps"   ?

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 3

I’ll give this one a shot. Put a 9yr store pick EC back on shelf in favor of this one. I was also told the folks at EC wanted this on shelf with everything else and not in allocated table or super high roller whiskey vault to see how fast it sells or something along the lines

C92FD8CB-F5A3-4DA8-948A-BCE1F9258EF9.jpeg

• I like it 1

I grabbed a Wild Turkey Cornerstone Rye and a Little Book 3 today and left behind a Whistle Pig 18 that was $399...I'll probably regret leaving the WP18

42 minutes ago, ThirstyinOhio said:

and left behind a Whistle Pig 18 that was $399...I'll probably regret leaving the WP18

Seriously?

why?

I mean yeah, it's a beautiful bottle, but....

• I like it 3

I picked up a couple OWA for about $26 each out the door

Wow! You must live in one of the few areas that wasn’t impacted by the OWA distillery price increase. Those are $49.99 in my area now.

26 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

Wow! You must live in one of the few areas that wasn’t impacted by the OWA distillery price increase. Those are $49.99 in my area now.

Or $149.99 in my neck of the woods...ridiculous, but glad there is other 'good' stuff out there...

Or $149.99 in my neck of the woods...ridiculous, but glad there is other 'good' stuff out there...

Yeah, but $149 doesn’t have anything to do with a suggested retail price difference between markets.

1 hour ago, lcpfratn said:

$49.99 MSRP in the VA ABC stores.  Of course, that means nothing as the website shows they are not available.  They forgot to type "ever" at the end of that sentence.?

• I like it 3

$49.99 in Ohio too.  Glad I had the foresight to stock up on the family size at $53 each when they filled the shelves here last year.

The wife saw all the big bottles in the bunker and said 'jezz, how long do you expect to live?'.  Can't answer that one, but I'll be happy when I go!

Posted this picture a while ago, but it always makes me smile...

1009181003-1.jpg

• I like it 4

10 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

Minnesota. I rarely see any Weller around here and I had fully expected that the next time I bought any it would be way up. Pleasantly surprised for once

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

$49.99 MSRP in the VA ABC stores.  Of course, that means nothing as the website shows they are not available.  They forgot to type "ever" at the end of that sentence.?

You’re not a VA resident anyway, remember?

?

• I like it 1

17 hours ago, TehRegion219 said:

I’ll give this one a shot. Put a 9yr store pick EC back on shelf in favor of this one. I was also told the folks at EC wanted this on shelf with everything else and not in allocated table or super high roller whiskey vault to see how fast it sells or something along the lines

Interesting.  B519 is suddenly available in a number of stores I frequent in No. Calif. and in decent quantities at msrp.  So, maybe they've upped the production and want to see what the market will do.  Hope that's a portent for the future.  Regardless, I have to salute HH for their pricing on this.  12 yr. barrel proof great bourbon for $60?  Hell yeah!

• I like it 4

5 hours ago, fosmith said:

Interesting.  B519 is suddenly available in a number of stores I frequent in No. Calif. and in decent quantities at msrp.  So, maybe they've upped the production and want to see what the market will do.  Hope that's a portent for the future.  Regardless, I have to salute HH for their pricing on this.  12 yr. barrel proof great bourbon for $60?  Hell yeah!

Yes and Yes

*edit

and yes

Edited by TehRegion219
Yes

Bought another Chattanooga SB to replace the one on the right.  Grabbed the last bottle of this 9yo MGP store pick. 

spacer.png

• I like it 1

Picked up some good brown water today, all $35 to $39. What I love about HM 10y pick ups is they are all different barrels. 
780F9106-0491-49F9-BC7E-B63828FE7609.thumb.jpeg.dc33067472599fba9bc269a9aa461ca1.jpeg

• I like it 2

1792 Sweet Wheat has hit North Little Rock!  Grabbed 1 more so it's time to open another.  Hopefully the new 12yr won't be far behind.  Plenty of BiB on the shelf at 107 L too.

• I like it 1

Couldn’t pass this one up. Two “cocktail” mugs for $22 and a free 750 of KC

who in their right mind would pick up the one on the left??? It’s same exact bottle in gift set which gets me thinking aboit starting a gift set thread. Anybody like the chachkies they put in there?

808720CB-A0DE-4E9E-AFC6-BEE0A739172D.jpeg

• I like it 2

39 minutes ago, TehRegion219 said:

Couldn’t pass this one up. Two “cocktail” mugs for $22 and a free 750 of KC

who in their right mind would pick up the one on the left??? It’s same exact bottle in gift set which gets me thinking aboit starting a gift set thread. Anybody like the chachkies they put in there?

808720CB-A0DE-4E9E-AFC6-BEE0A739172D.jpeg

Makes me wonder..is the bourbon in these gift sets not quite up to snuff? 

2 hours ago, LCWoody said:

Picked up some good brown water today, all $35 to $39. What I love about HM 10y pick ups is they are all different barrels. 
780F9106-0491-49F9-BC7E-B63828FE7609.thumb.jpeg.dc33067472599fba9bc269a9aa461ca1.jpeg

I do want to try the Dickel BIB.  Hasn’t made it to Kansas yet.  

Picked this up tonight. I've heard a lit of good things about it so I'm really looking forward to it.

20191107_191215-784x1613.jpg

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, FasterHorses said:

Makes me wonder..is the bourbon in these gift sets not quite up to snuff? 

Don't even go there.  Most likely, Holiday gift sets.  

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Clueby said:

Picked this up tonight. I've heard a lit of good things about it so I'm really looking forward to it.

20191107_191215-784x1613.jpg

Think I'm going to pick one up tomorrow, I'm psyched.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.