What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Fall 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

16 hours ago, flahute said:

The ER17 was a raffle win. Every year my local does a food and toy drive so every day you bring in a can of chill/PB, tuna, and a toy, you get an entry in the raffle. My name has never been pulled but my wife has won in 5 out of 6 years my store has done this. The store owner teases me about that relentlessly and my wife says I owe her big time. (Full disclosure, I bypassed a PVW20 and Booker's 30th for the ER17. PVW20 tends to be too oaky for me and Booker's 30th, while great, is too pricey for what it is. Some will tell me I should have grabbed the PVW20 and traded or sold it but I've made a promise to my local that I'll never flip allocated bottles I get from them. It's why I keep getting them because he knows I'll go home and open it right away and then he gets to enjoy it when he comes over to my house.)

I'd of done exactly the same.  Since ER17 went to 101p last year, it has moved to #1 on my list, over any of the wheated stuff.

I can still remember the moment I tried it last year.  Just so elegant and understated.

Since it's Christmas, I'll also add that I'm thankful for this forum and that people are actually on here drinking the LE's.  Before I joined this forum, I thought I was one of the few people in the world who actually wanted to taste this stuff.

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 1

2 minutes ago, 0895 said:

I'd of done exactly the same.  Since ER17 went to 101p last year, it has moved to #1 on my list, over any of the wheated stuff.

I can still remember the moment I tried it last year.  Just so elegant and understated.

True to my word, I cracked it open right after getting home and have to say I was impressed. Going to 101 proof does a lot of good for this one.

• I like it 4

A liquor store opened in my area a little less than year ago.  Based on location, I wasn't in a hurry to check it out.  When I went in, they actually had a decent bourbon selection for my area.  The best part was my wifes reaction when we walked into the bourbon section, "Oh God, we're going to spend some money here!"  Gotta love her!

20191224_122745.jpg

• I like it 3

2 hours ago, ENYAW said:

A liquor store opened in my area a little less than year ago.  Based on location, I wasn't in a hurry to check it out.  When I went in, they actually had a decent bourbon selection for my area.  The best part was my wifes reaction when we walked into the bourbon section, "Oh God, we're going to spend some money here!"  Gotta love her!

Yep. She's a keeper Wayne. ? Enjoy your new found bottles and be sure to tell her I said hi. 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

11 minutes ago, ENYAW said:

GOODNESS!!!!!!     Nice Haul!     You already know it; but that bride of yours is a special gal, & she is some fun!!    Tell her Rich Says; "HI!"    I hope to see you both in April.

1 minute ago, Richnimrod said:

GOODNESS!!!!!!     Nice Haul!     You already know it; but that bride of yours is a special gal, & she is some fun!!    Tell her Rich Says; "HI!"    I hope to see you both in April.

Reservations are made!  We will see you there!

• I like it 4

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.