What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Fall 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I was at the grocery store store waiting on the pharmacy to fill an antibiotic scrip for my respiratory infection. While waiting I was in the liquor aisle talking whiskey with a gentleman. He asked the manager to open the lock up to get a Macallan. He didn’t have the box, but brought out a bottle of their Estate Scotch. He handed him that to look at and handed me a bottle to look at. He said it sounds like you know your Whiskey by your recommendations to the other shoppers. He said he only gets one a year. Here’s what he handed me. Bought it.IMG_1712.thumb.jpg.aa478f7707f4bd9c713685944659e50f.jpg

• I like it 19

21 hours ago, BMartin42 said:

For gifts I bought two of the Old Forrester 1920/Signature twin packs and they had the standard MM gift sets with twin rocks glasses for 19.99. Seven friends will be receiving those. What a nice deal. IMG_9905.jpg

For myself I grabbed a Binny’s pick Knob Creek that was 14 years 10 months and received a gift of a different Binny’s pick that is almost 11 years. Also received a Rare Breed and a Rowan’s Creek. Not shabby.

I am guessing the Old Forester sets were at Costco?  They are a good deal.  I am hoping there are a few bottles of the Binny's KC picks still floating around when my friend hits Binny's during his Christmas trip next week.

Last big purchase for the year. Not all of the bottles are for me though, as a couple of coworkers are relying on my pitiful expertise to help them with some gifts. 

43F31FF6-5511-41D7-BF1E-CED346745A84.jpeg

• I like it 5

Last big purchase for the year. Not all of the bottles are for me though, as a couple of coworkers are relying on my pitiful expertise to help them with some gifts. 

43F31FF6-5511-41D7-BF1E-CED346745A84.thumb.jpeg.50b500537bb13f77ac9098cb3becf47f.jpeg

Never seen that Boss Hog with Japanese writing.

2 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Yup totally bought this for the coffee mugs, particularly the one on the right to bring to work. It was $3 more than the bottle alone and totally worth for some cool sturdy mugs.

IMG_8541.thumb.jpg.a9e96aa9ca454e9383b1065c598813ae.jpg

IMG_8542.thumb.jpg.c3a713597ebe1593a6d3e3997faa48ae.jpg

IMG_8542.jpg

My boss just gave me a set of those mugs!

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Yup totally bought this for the coffee mugs, particularly the one on the right to bring to work. It was $3 more than the bottle alone and totally worth for some cool sturdy mugs.

IMG_8542.thumb.jpg.c3a713597ebe1593a6d3e3997faa48ae.jpg

IMG_8542.jpg

Me too, Lol. Love these mugs

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, clearmoon247 said:

My boss just gave me a set of those mugs!

Now THAT is funny :)

I was going to beak off about my resentment of the whole "working class ethics" advertising slant on that one (reminds me of truck advertising), but when your boss sees it and makes a good joke out of a (still legitimate) gift, that's funny.

9 hours ago, clearmoon247 said:

I was super lucky and got the last bottle of Thomas H Handy 2019 from a big box store at MSRP!

Ahh the old crotch shot.  And to think many of us are here on SB instead of local facebook groups to avoid just that kind of thing, Lol.  But I digress; congratulations on scoring an excellent bottle of whiskey.  I love that stuff. Tastes great- enjoy!

Edited by Kepler
  • I like it 2

I just returned from a trip to Connecticut and brought these guys back. Amazingly these were all gifts. I’m truly grateful to have friends like this. Admittedly it’s also an added bonus to have a friend that owns a LS.

78F40B53-F9E1-4792-A3F7-BF43D4DDFF58.jpeg

• I like it 8

On 12/16/2019 at 4:06 PM, markandrex said:

Everything  (well just about) was coming up roses today

398CFFDF-8D11-4C96-9578-D6D669441639.jpeg

That 4r Barrel strength private select looks amazing.  Which store did you pick that up at?

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, Radioyada said:

43F31FF6-5511-41D7-BF1E-CED346745A84.jpeg

That bottle of Whistle Pig VI is very special.  There were only 1,000 of those that made it into the States (by mistake according to the Whistle Pig folx).  They sent me an e-mail over Black Friday with the following info:

"Only 1,000 of these special Katakana bottles exist throughout the US. To prove you've found a genuine WhistlePig Straight Rye Whiskey finished in Japanese Umeshu Barrels, we offer you the option to register your bottle.  In return we will send you an official certificate of authenticity, signed by Master Blender Pete Lynch, including a message from our Umeshu partner at Kitaya Brewery in Japan."

?

2 hours ago, DeepCover said:

I just returned from a trip to Connecticut and brought these guys back. Amazingly these were all gifts. I’m truly grateful to have friends like this. Admittedly it’s also an added bonus to have a friend that owns a LS.

78F40B53-F9E1-4792-A3F7-BF43D4DDFF58.jpeg

I'd say Bookers 30 is quite the gift. 

• I like it 1

12 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

I just love this time of the year and I'm always oddly excited about discovering these holiday packs. Always a good deal and an excellent excuse to buy no-frills staples.

1 hour ago, JCwhammie said:

I'd say Bookers 30 is quite the gift. 

I agree. I can’t wait to try it. I would’ve been happy enough with the OF1910 alone. This was just insane.

78F40B53-F9E1-4792-A3F7-BF43D4DDFF58.thumb.jpeg.7b1bb875570e98c944c42d1f88dc0a39.jpeg

Glenmorangie Signet is the most interesting to me. Oops wrong thread no Scotch here.

1 hour ago, HoustonNit said:

Glenmorangie Signet is the most interesting to me. Oops wrong thread no Scotch here.

Yeah, it’s been a couple of years since I’ve had a pour, but I really like it.

I’m giving a friend a bottle of CEHT SiB today. He’s having a minor outpatient surgery, so I figure it’s the least I can do. Nothing wrong with some good whiskey karma, especially during the holidays.

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Picked this up as a good luck charm for 2020…

IMG_3631.thumb.jpg.8a9daa49a323807280be767450210ecc.jpg

Good luck and positive wishes to you that the shitty cork they use doesn’t break on yours.

;)

• I like it 1

Just snagged a backup bottle of Little Book 3 for $79.99+tax.  I have one open now and it's fantastic!. 

• I like it 2

Just snagged a backup bottle of Little Book 3 for $79.99+tax.  I have one open now and it's fantastic!. 

Damn. At that price I would have cleared the shelf.

2 hours ago, Double C's said:

I picked up an ECPB B519 at lunch. I was hoping that they would have gotten the C919 by now but no such luck.

I was able to grab 2 of the C919 today. Always glad to keep the vertical alive. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.