What Bourbon Did You Pass On Today (Fall 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

EH Taylor single barrel. Saw several bottles in a store at a good price, but had to talk myself out of adding another bottle to the unopened stash at this time. Was glad to see some out in the wild and not overpriced. 

• I like it 1

33 minutes ago, Radioyada said:

EH Taylor single barrel. Saw several bottles in a store at a good price, but had to talk myself out of adding another bottle to the unopened stash at this time. Was glad to see some out in the wild and not overpriced. 

Good to hear these are coming back into stock.  I have been out for quite some time and really been missing it.  One of my favorites and I think the SiB does greatly outpour (just made up that word usage) the SmB and is worth the extra $$.

• I like it 1

My favorite local LS called to tell me that they got some WA107 in today, but also that the price increase they said was coming for a while now had finally hit them.  They have been selling it at $23.89 and I’ve enjoyed that price for quite a while.  New price is $54.98...yikes!  Now, I realize that this is probably more in line with current nationwide (outside Wyoming) pricing, but it’s enough for me to now pass on it.  Thankfully, I’ve bunkered just a wee bit of it!

Update on previous post...

Was in the largest LS in town today and they had WA107 on the shelf for $60.  I found this quite interesting as this particular store has NEVER had any WA107 on the shelf!  I can only assume that their ‘special’ customers, for which the WA107 had been held back for and sold to in the past, are no longer interested in it at this new price point?

• I like it 2

Let it set there! 

My last bottle was underwhelming, and I've located the last few in the bunker for their eventual demise. 

• I like it 1

2 minutes ago, Guss West said:

Let it set there! 

My last bottle was underwhelming, and I've located the last few in the bunker for their eventual demise. 

Yep, as much as I enjoy both WSR & WA107 (yet to ever meet up with a W12, in person), I’ve found Larceny to be a solid, tasty wheater alternative for substantially fewer bucks.  Picked up some of that today at $19.99 each.

Passed on Bulleit 10 yr for $36. It was a hard choice. I've never had it before, but have also never cared for the regular Bulleit. I have been trying to reduce my bottle count and reduce my spending, so despite my curiosity, I left it on the shelf.

^^Interesting that the 12 yr old is $10 less than the 4 yr old.^^

Edited by Phil T
Doh
  • I like it 2

Was offered a PHC Heavy Char Barrels Straight Rye at $153...I thanked them for offering it to me, but I passed.  Now, if I could just get offered a WLW if/when those arrive...that would be a whole different story!

• I like it 1

Geez Louise what a great price on ECBP.

I usually don't mess with it because there are people who love the profile a whole lot more than me, but I'd have t be a customer at 49.99. Just to try another batch...

• I like it 1

28 minutes ago, The Black Tot said:

Geez Louise what a great price on ECBP.

I usually don't mess with it because there are people who love the profile a whole lot more than me, but I'd have t be a customer at 49.99. Just to try another batch...

This. ECBP at that price is a buy every time regardless of how many I have stashed. 

That is a great ECBP. My usual place prices it around $56 + tax.  I'd have left with one, and probably another OEBP.

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 2:20 PM, CaptBud said:

My favorite local LS called to tell me that they got some WA107 in today, but also that the price increase they said was coming for a while now had finally hit them.  They have been selling it at $23.89 and I’ve enjoyed that price for quite a while.  New price is $54.98...yikes!  Now, I realize that this is probably more in line with current nationwide (outside Wyoming) pricing, but it’s enough for me to now pass on it.  Thankfully, I’ve bunkered just a wee bit of it!

I wish BT/Sazerac would suffer the same nasty backlash that Beam did when they similarly doubled the price of Booker's.  Not bloody likely though, BT seem to be made of Teflon...

• I like it 4

I wish BT/Sazerac would suffer the same nasty backlash that Beam did when they similarly doubled the price of Booker's.  Not bloody likely though, BT seem to be made of Teflon...

You know that won’t happen, heck taters where already paying more than this for Weller. Nice knowing you Weller 107. I think I have a few old bottles bunkered. Also don’t think I’ll see another W12 for a long time. Now I can drink Larceny, MMPS which is practically the same price of W107.
  • I like it 1

Not as impressive as the finding from Marekv8 at what I assume was the duty free at JFK. This is here in Texas, one duty free with four and one on the other end of the terminal with 6. There $50 for the 750 which is a great deal. If I see the same on the way back from the UK I’ll get one.

IMG_8131.jpg

IMG_8133.jpg

• I like it 1

On 9/27/2019 at 9:31 PM, fanostra said:

Passed on ECBP B519 @ $55 today. Have a few older batches in the bunker, which I need to thin out

It seems that the 'embarrassment of riches' with your currently stocked ECBP is cramping your acquisition schedule.... ?    I'll happily help you thin out that problem.   ? 

PM me with your address and cell #, and I'll try to get a schedule arranged for this work.  ;)

• I like it 1

Stopped briefly at a rural store just outside of Little Rock and snickered at a $99.99 bottle of Stagg Jr.   Didn't risk asking the price of the ORVW10 beside it, might've soiled the britches laughing so hard at the likely $$$$$$$.

• I like it 1

My church's festival had a silent auction.   I saw a regular bottle of Blanton's go up to $350.  There was still plenty of time for more bidding when I left.

Passed on several chances for ECBP at $59.99 in Bardstown, including two different batches at Keystone Liquor. Ordinarily that would be a buy for me at that price since it is usually at least $10 more than that in my area, but alas, I too have far too many in the bunker already. Of course Keystone also had a bottle of PVW20 on the top shelf for $1,599 that I passed on, but I imagine it will sell eventually.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.