CardsandBourbon

What Bourbon Did You Pass On Today (Fall 2019)

GeeTen
1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Hey, I'm doing the best that I can. ^_^

Biba! Joe

sr.jpeg

Atta' boy, Luther!   🤣

• I like it 4

Harry in WashDC
1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Hey, I'm doing the best that I can. ^_^

Biba! Joe

NOW we know why none of the rest of us can find it.  It's all in Joe's bunker and CAR TRUNK!!:o

fishnbowljoe
3 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

NOW we know why none of the rest of us can find it.  It's all in Joe's bunker and CAR TRUNK!!:o

S**t! I totally forgot about my trunk. 😜

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

The Black Tot

Joe is gonna have to quadruple his consumption with those new fermenters... I have faith.

• I like it 2

PowderKeg

W12 at $200, 1792BIB at $51 (bought the last handful at $35).

Almost caved on a JeffRes Twin Oak at $80, but remembered how generally  disappointed I've been at bourbons over $50 (price to satisfaction level), so walked away with an intact wallet....  The previous SABL disappointment has REALLY had a positive impact on my spending habits...

RT Fan

Angel's Envy @ $49.99 was a pass for me. I like AE but not as much at that level as I did when it was $39.99.

mross

Passed on these two, but wasn't sure if I should put them here or huh moment. Ouch. I really like Weller but not at 99.99, the Willet is a definite huh moment. The best thing about the Willet is the bottle20191011_165621.jpg20191011_165615.jpg

Whiskeythink.com
1 hour ago, mross said:

Passed on these two, but wasn't sure if I should put them here or huh moment. Ouch. I really like Weller but not at 99.99, the Willet is a definite huh moment. The best thing about the Willet is the bottle20191011_165621.jpg20191011_165615.jpg

EHTSiB at 140? ouch. last time i passed on it a few months ago was at 65 (tho my 2 buds with me did not pass. which is ok because i got to drink some of theirs!).

• I like it 2

Clueby
On 10/7/2019 at 10:34 AM, RT Fan said:

Angel's Envy @ $49.99 was a pass for me. I like AE but not as much at that level as I did when it was $39.99.

It's been between $45 and $50 here for as long as I can remember. Not really a fan so it's never been on my purchase list.

Wedelstaedt

W12 for $299!  Crazy

Guss West

Passed on a huge pile of OWA107 for $49/ea.  I haven't seen it on the shelf at the new MSRP.  

Saw ECBP for $90 in three places. 

• I like it 2

The Black Tot
14 hours ago, Guss West said:

Passed on a huge pile of OWA107 for $49/ea. 

Well done.

mross
Passed on a huge pile of OWA107 for $49/ea.  I haven't seen it on the shelf at the new MSRP.  

That's a bargain around my way, Id go for it, the ECBP is high.
  • I like it 2

Clueby
5 hours ago, mross said:

That's a bargain around my way, Id go for it, the ECBP is high.

The new MSRP for OWA:(

I've got a few stockpiled so not sure I'm a buyer any more at that price either, unless it's a PS.

• I like it 1

Whiskeythink.com

Passed on the new HH7 BIB by not going to binnys & getting one for $45. Its a big markup from the old HH6, OE7, & VB7. And OEBP can be had for $40. Altho I heard Kenwood Liq had them for 37 - but thats way down in the south suburbs, an hour away. Anyone try it?

Bob_Loblaw
17 hours ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

Passed on the new HH7 BIB by not going to binnys & getting one for $45. Its a big markup from the old HH6, OE7, & VB7. And OEBP can be had for $40. Altho I heard Kenwood Liq had them for 37 - but thats way down in the south suburbs, an hour away. Anyone try it?

I picked one up, I generally like most of HH's lineup.  I've been enjoying drinking by distillery lately, opening 10-15 bottle from the same house and working my way through them.  Finishing up 4 Roses and about to get into a mess of WT bottles, mostly various RRSiB picks.  After that it will be either BF or MGP depending on what I am able to find.  This one will not be opened for awhile as at a minimum I'd like to have a HH6  for SBS comparison.  And I guess a HMK10 which is no longer something I can just go out and buy so I will have to wait until that comes back into stock . . . sigh.

Bob_Loblaw
17 hours ago, Clueby said:

The new MSRP for OWA:(

I've got a few stockpiled so not sure I'm a buyer any more at that price either, unless it's a PS.

Same, except for the stockpile.  It's great whiskey and was one of my favorites but the $50 weight class is much more competitive.   I will grab a store pick here or there at $50 if I am able.

• I like it 1

fishnbowljoe
6 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Same, except for the stockpile.  It's great whiskey and was one of my favorites but the $50 weight class is much more competitive.   I will grab a store pick here or there at $50 if I am able.

Even being the Weller whore that I am, (and as an acknowledgement/thank you to a certain semi-local liquor store) I admit that I recently ponied up for a bottle of OWA at the new MSRP. Need I say more?

Biba! Joe 

• I like it 3

Richnimrod
2 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Even being the Weller whore that I am, (and as an acknowledgement/thank you to a certain semi-local liquor store) I admit that I recently ponied up for a bottle of OWA at the new MSRP. Need I say more?

Biba! Joe 

Hey, ya wanna play?  ...Ya gotta pay, right Joe?   ;)

It's the new normal, and unlikely to return to anything like what we remember from not so long ago either.   Sad, but true.  😰

• I like it 1

kcgumbohead

Passed on Weller FP, couldn't be bothered to make the trek after the announcement email and for the price I just would have bought a Rare Breed anyway.

• I like it 3

Bob_Loblaw
17 minutes ago, kcgumbohead said:

Passed on Weller FP, couldn't be bothered to make the trek after the announcement email and for the price I just would have bought a Rare Breed anyway.

Zen right here. . . curiosity would have gotten the better of me on this one.  

• I like it 1

fishnbowljoe
2 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Zen right here. . . curiosity would have gotten the better of me on this one.  

Me too Bob, me too. 🤨

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

FacePlant

Passed on OF 1910. Fair price but being on the sidelines for a while I keep buying and not getting to drink them. 😪 Believe me, this is a sux azz way to make many easy passes. I am still contemplating the ER 1.75 sitting there at $54.99 + tax. That's ABOUT $23.50 equivalent for 750? Hummm...

15 hours ago, FacePlant said:

Passed on OF 1910. Fair price but being on the sidelines for a while I keep buying and not getting to drink them. 😪 Believe me, this is a sux azz way to make many easy passes. I am still contemplating the ER 1.75 sitting there at $54.99 + tax. That's ABOUT $23.50 equivalent for 750? Hummm...

Go get that.

If for nothing else, it’s awesome so look at a giant bottle of ER.

I proudly display mine in the dining room much to my wife’s dismay.

• I like it 4

Special Reserve
On 10/12/2019 at 12:39 PM, Guss West said:

In Michigan the state minimum price for OWA is now $49.96.  If I found it for that price, I think I'd buy it just for old time sake.

• I like it 1