What Bourbon Did You Pass On Today (Fall 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

20 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Me too Bob, me too. ?

Biba! Joe

LOL!! I would expect nothing less Joe. Yes,zen has taken firm root at chateu Gumbo and what can I say, my tastes lend more toward the high rye and rye side of life. I like W12, I REALLY like W107 and have some at the old prices so I just couldn't muster the enthusiasm to spring for this one even though I am sure I would have enjoyed it.

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, Special Reserve said:

In Michigan the state minimum price for OWA is now $49.96.  If I found it for that price, I think I'd buy it just for old time sake.

And to think that just 3yrs ago it was half that.....

• I like it 2

33 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

And to think that just 3yrs ago it was half that.....

I think it was half that just a year ago, but in MI there is only a minimum price and stores can charge more.

7 hours ago, 0895 said:

I passed on these, but I think Maker’s Mark did a great job decorating the bottles for the holiday season.

498DE198-607F-4997-8280-0463733C82DE.jpeg

Its freaking October!

• I like it 3

Local store here in GA got in one bottle of ETL 100 anniversary.  Had a 799.99 price tag on it.  That made for an easy pass.

It was an easy pass at this price. The 750's were $57.

20191018_122516.thumb.jpg.9902744c58edd8918194a2b7f2578b8b.jpg

Are those handles/1.75s of Buffalo Trace?

2 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Looks like it. It says 1.75L in tiny print at the bottom of the sign.

I have some really great OWA picks in the bunker.  A few SR, and a 12 too but don't break in to get it, please.  So, no tears shed here passing on an overpriced, underage wheater.   

Them taters can haiv that OWA and SR.  Git' er dun!! 

Passed on knob Creek 12 Year for $59.99

Spending $49 on a 15 year SiB pick seems way better than $59 on a 12 year 100 proof offering

Looks like it. It says 1.75L in tiny print at the bottom of the sign.

Thanks your correct. In that case I’d take two BT over WSR.

7 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Thanks your correct. In that case I’d take two BT over WSR.

And, be happier ever after.

2 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Yes they do exist. I bought one at the DC Costco a couple of years ago.  I'm thinking it was $33 then.

Yes they do exist. I bought one at the DC Costco a couple of years ago.  I'm thinking it was $33 then.

No yeah I’ve seen them as well and even 1L. I was more curious in relation to the picture and the pricing comparison. In Houston BT usually cost a few dollars more than WSR so just find it interesting that WSR would be so much more than BT.

10 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

No yeah I’ve seen them as well and even 1L. I was more curious in relation to the picture and the pricing comparison. In Houston BT usually cost a few dollars more than WSR so just find it interesting that WSR would be so much more than BT.

BT price hikes are next??

11 hours ago, mal00768 said:

Passed on EHT BP for $200 and Handy for $500.

Where on the face of God's green earth are you shopping?  You know better than to stray far from home, brother!   ☺️

• I like it 2

Had the urge to do little bourbon surfin' Fri eve, hit 12 or so locals, half of them for the first (and except for 1, likely the only time).   One I'll keep driving past had Baby Saz for $56 and WSR 750/1.75 for $45 and $66.  

4 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Where on the face of God's green earth are you shopping?  You know better than to stray far from home, brother!   ☺️

I was hoping to get lucky but just ended up disappointed. On the plus side I bought more L&K pics instead.

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, PowderKeg said:

One I'll keep driving past had Baby Saz for $56 and WSR 750/1.75 for $45 and $66.  

Why are you driving past a store that has this in stock and is probably in line with their new pricing?

1 hour ago, DCFan said:

Why are you driving past a store that has this in stock and is probably in line with their new pricing?

Because it's too damn expensive for what they are, regardless of whether or not those are current prices. 

• I like it 7

50 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

Because it's too damn expensive for what they are, regardless of whether or not those are current prices. 

That I can get in support of.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.