What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Winter 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

EH Taylor SB. Nice little pour for a snowy evening while I wait to hear if our trivia league is cancelled. Don’t worry, my wife DDs for trivia nights.

• I like it 1

49 minutes ago, BMartin42 said:

EH Taylor SB. Nice little pour for a snowy evening while I wait to hear if our trivia league is cancelled. Don’t worry, my wife DDs for trivia nights.

You might have just inspired me for tonight’s pour ;)

Having some Blanton's Gold tonight, my gosh is this beautiful bourbon. Fishnbowljoe....we should've stolen a case or 10 of these when we saw this pallet full at the FOTT BT selection a couple of years ago.

P1100899.JPG

• I like it 5

I’m finally having a pour tonight after being on the wagon for a bit. I’m having a nice pour of Joe’s 2018 Weller Blend this evening, and it’s tasting mighty fine. ?

Biba! Joe

• I like it 5

Trivia was not cancelled and our team ended in second because I didn’t trust my answer for the final question about a 1912 literature question but I had it right dang nab it. (I knew the translation of Tarzan but didn’t trust my memory)

Oh well. Bar pours of BT are always nice there and a nightcap of EW 1783 at home is a vexing contrast. Not sure where the peanut flavor is coming from but I’m guessing the onion petals on my brisket have tainted my taste buds.
  • I like it 1

The last of it's kind. I guess I'm going to have to start buying the new shit. Have not bought any bourbon in quite awhile.

e86LtY2.jpg

• I like it 2

8 hours ago, mal00768 said:

Russels Reserve SB Loch & Key pick. Tons of spice and oak. It’s fantastic.

"Funk" or "Soul" or . . . . ?   ?

Last night I tried a pour of the Larceny BP. Overall, I thought that it drank smoother than it's proof was. I wasn't a huge fan of the lingering spice finish and overall I think that it was just an average high proof bourbon. I won't be seeking out a bottle of this batch, but maybe future batches will be better.

It's extremely cold, so the Misses and I had a lovely dinner of grilled cheese and soup (tomato for me chicken noodle for her). I'm now watching Ford V Ferrari while enjoying this B517. Reading the Aging thread earlier I saw there was discussion on Glencairn glasses and higher proof whiskeys. I'm a big fan of the Canadian Glencairn with pours 117 proof and higher (WTRB is wonderful in the regular Glencairn). 

20200213_185610.jpg

• I like it 2

On 2/8/2020 at 8:26 PM, flahute said:

Preach my sister. I despise autotune.

You might appreciate this meme:

beyonce-vs-freddie-mercury-just-sayin.jpg

On topic, OGDBIB - I'm channeling Harry.

And Vespers.

Sorry @flahute, I've been out of town and only just now saw this. Yep, I love that meme. To say that I detest autotunes is a gross understatement. Between the quality of the lyric writing, musicians who could actually play their instruments well (when there were real instruments), there's just no comparison. I could go on and on.....

On a Bourbon-y note, I'm having a wee dram of my birthday bottle of Old Fitz 15. I can't believe I'm saying this, since I'm not usually a wheater fan and have expressed as much, but this particular expression kicks some a-- and takes names! 

Cheers, 

Nancy

IMG_3653.jpg

• I like it 6

Don’t tell the Weller Whore but this WSR is actually pretty good, made a full 360, bourbon zen achieved. I put some side by side for the misses with RY 10yr SB and she preferred the Weller. I respect her palate.

This also happens to be the cheapest straight bourbon on the shelf in my market at over 86 proof at $19.99. This may be my daily until market drivers say otherwise.

image-2020-02-13-20:16:06-527.jpg

• I like it 2

Don’t tell the Weller Whore but this WSR is actually pretty good, made a full 360, bourbon zen achieved. I put some side by side for the misses with RY 10yr SB and she preferred the Weller. I respect her palate.

This also happens to be the cheapest straight bourbon on the shelf in my market at over 86 proof at $19.99. This may be my daily until market drivers say otherwise.

1632009139_image-2020-02-13-201606-527.thumb.jpg.ca9d141a69e35850959176a376d60a4f.jpg

For context here Four Roses 80 proof was $19.99, WT101 was $23 and no HH BIB options such as EW etc, MM 90 proof at $22. Weller is my king.

I just watched the movie “Grease” for the first time...and...and... Dammit I liked it!!  Yeah...I ain’t too proud to say I liked it...

Maybe, It was the OGD114 in my glass during it that put me in the right frame of mind...  ?

• I like it 2

37 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

I just watched the movie “Grease” for the first time...and...and... Dammit I liked it!!  Yeah...I ain’t too proud to say I liked it...

Maybe, It was the OGD114 in my glass during it that put me in the right frame of mind...  ?

As the old saying goes, everything goes a little better with some OGD

Maybe, It was the OGD114 in my glass during it that put me in the right frame of mind...  [emoji12]

What is happening to you?
  • I like it 1

7 minutes ago, BigRich said:

What is happening to you?

I know, right?!?!  I’m worried.  Next, I’ll be binge watching Sex and the City...If you really like and care about me, you’ll stop by this afternoon and beat the shit out of me...  ?

• I like it 1

I know, right?!?!  I’m worried.  Next, I’ll be binge watching Sex and the City...If you really like and care about me, you’ll stop by this afternoon and beat the shit out of me...  [emoji38]

If it wasn’t Valentine’s Day then I would take you up on that. We can’t have you all fugly and bleeding for mrssmokinjoe tonight. Especially since you will apparently be doing each others’ nails.
  • I like it 4

14 hours ago, WhiskeyBlender said:

Sorry @flahute, I've been out of town and only just now saw this. Yep, I love that meme. To say that I detest autotunes is a gross understatement. Between the quality of the lyric writing, musicians who could actually play their instruments well (when there were real instruments), there's just no comparison. I could go on and on.....

On a Bourbon-y note, I'm having a wee dram of my birthday bottle of Old Fitz 15. I can't believe I'm saying this, since I'm not usually a wheater fan and have expressed as much, but this particular expression kicks some a-- and takes names! 

Cheers, 

Nancy

IMG_3653.jpg

I have an OF15 incoming and I can't wait to try it, even more so due to your comments about it.

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.