What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Spring 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Starting the night off with some 1790 proof full proof that we picked back in September at the distillery, on Friday the 13, that’s the reason for the hangtag of the leather face. 
Obviously we picked the best barrel of the ones we were offered, so it’s really good, but nothing super special. 
F7BB4660-7696-4BF9-9F8D-4ED481A26F03.thumb.jpeg.a395db20d1635a8296d40c93a5beeb6f.jpeg

• I like it 1

On 3/19/2020 at 1:03 PM, kevinbrink said:

It's my 40th, after I am done with my last conference call I'm taking a ride to my parents place and my Mom is going to leave some Corned Beef and Cabbage on the front steps for me.  My current job is supporting healthcare and my dad is high risk so we are being very careful. I might bring my folding rocking chair so I can chat with them for a little while if it isn't raining. I'm kicking the day off with a pour of 150 month Beam from the year I was born that used to be in a train car, I decanted this one last year, it's actually better than I remember. I think I'm going with these once I get back a bottom shelf Canadian bottled the year I was born to go with Dinner, a scotch that was born 6 years before me but is 10 years younger, an Armagnac that's at least as old as I am and Decades because obviously. 

y4m1_zOapmhFxi-A6m-31Mxg0H5vBSxjUm4yLd1e

Happy belated 40ieth birthday @kevinbrink! That's quite an eclectic but delicious-looking line-up you have there. Did you have any favorites? 

Cheers,

Nancy

• I like it 1

On 3/19/2020 at 3:03 PM, kevinbrink said:

It's my 40th, after I am done with my last conference call I'm taking a ride to my parents place and my Mom is going to leave some Corned Beef and Cabbage on the front steps for me.  My current job is supporting healthcare and my dad is high risk so we are being very careful. I might bring my folding rocking chair so I can chat with them for a little while if it isn't raining. I'm kicking the day off with a pour of 150 month Beam from the year I was born that used to be in a train car, I decanted this one last year, it's actually better than I remember. I think I'm going with these once I get back a bottom shelf Canadian bottled the year I was born to go with Dinner, a scotch that was born 6 years before me but is 10 years younger, an Armagnac that's at least as old as I am and Decades because obviously. 

Happy 40th!  "Looking forward" to joining the club next year.

• I like it 1

Fighting Cock while watching Secretariat with the wife.  Good bourbon, good movie.

1 hour ago, WhiskeyBlender said:

Happy belated 40ieth birthday @kevinbrink! That's quite an eclectic but delicious-looking line-up you have there. Did you have any favorites? 

Cheers,

Nancy

I'd say moving from left to right went right along with my preferences, though on another night the Lustrac might have been the winner.  Bottle one outside of symbolism will be happily shared with anyone who desires a pour ;) not that I expected much.  Truth be told I capped the night off with a few more pours and the winner of the night would really be the 2015 Laphroaig Cairdeas I finished with. 

• I like it 2

On 3/19/2020 at 4:03 PM, kevinbrink said:

Happy Belated Birthday Kevin!

• I like it 1

Started with a sample pour of King of Kentucky to toast @0895's birthday, then moved on to some PHC12. My wife had brought me an orange cutie as a snack and I was craving more orange I guess.

20200320_191801.jpg

20200320_214034.jpg

• I like it 2

6 minutes ago, Not_That_Fancy said:

Tonight’s drink.... fellas enjoy your quarantine 

0118EAFC-B538-4F34-B5B8-79D86CA7FB90.jpeg

To heck with social distance!!!

?

9 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

Happy 40th Kevin! Toasting with a pour  of HHBIB7.

As with 0895, I’ll try and have a pour of Weller in your honor later on today. ?

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

As with 0895, I’ll try and have a pour of Weller in your honor later on today. ?

Biba! Joe

Stay healthy fellas! Hittin the road since they closed the beaches

Started with a Bloody Mary made with Mellow Corn instead of vodka and then on to some Full Proof.  I LOVE this stuff. I wish it wasn't so scarce. What next..maybe an old style OWA?

20200321_201437.jpg

On 3/19/2020 at 4:03 PM, kevinbrink said:

Happy Birthday! 

• I like it 1

A private selection Weller FP is in the glass. Cheers to one and all, especially the birthday boys. ?

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

Happy 40th Birthday @kevinbrink! Welcome to the 40s. They’re good but feel like they pass faster. 

I'm having some Chattanooga Cask Strength tonight. 

• I like it 2

11 hours ago, El Vino said:

Happy Birthday! 

Thanks my friend, long time no see hope all is well with you!

Enjoying a nice pour of Chattanooga Whiskey 1816 Cask Barrel Proof.  Pretty clearly Dickel, but the proof and barrel selection is really nice.  Reminds me a bit of OGD 114 with that burnt brownie corner edge note, but a more balanced, well rounded pour.  

High Wire Distilling "Revival" Jimmy Red Bourbon - Seelbach's selection, Cask Strength

For me, this thread has to be "What bourbon were you drinking last night?"   By the time I get this far, I have no business getting on the computer.  :lol:

revival notes.jpg

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.