What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Spring 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Have been working on this one for a few years.  I got it as a gift when I first got into this hobby and was really excited about having something 20 years old, despite the marketing involved.  Anyway, it taught me an important lesson that age and price are important but they are not everything.  It’s just an pour to me which is why it has taken me so long to get through it.  

92EBE292-57F2-478E-BE69-2E0A9C8EC960.jpeg

• I like it 2

Trying to relax a little with so much going on. So I put a brisket on about 10:00 this morning. Now I’m just keeping an eye on it and enjoying sitting outside having some Weller 12y doing nothing. 
209EE5A4-4F7F-4552-9C7B-EF9D62D57E51.thumb.jpeg.36164ed05cfed5116e1681a7d8c01d78.jpeg9423E00E-DEFF-4B0C-B948-EC06E61AC2D6.thumb.jpeg.868b755b641dbc3fef1bf7928ad0569c.jpeg

• I like it 9

Evan Williams BiB with a cube while watching a replay of the Outback Bowl.  Go Gophers!

EW and gophers.jpg

Edited by fosmith
  • I like it 2

4 hours ago, ThomasGazelle said:

Have been working on this one for a few years.  I got it as a gift when I first got into this hobby and was really excited about having something 20 years old, despite the marketing involved.  Anyway, it taught me an important lesson that age and price are important but they are not everything.  It’s just an pour to me which is why it has taken me so long to get through it.  

92EBE292-57F2-478E-BE69-2E0A9C8EC960.jpeg

Awwee...I love BH. It's like EC18 light.

8 hours ago, Clueby said:

Awwee...I love BH. It's like EC18 light.

At almost twice the price (now).  ?

13 hours ago, fosmith said:

Evan Williams BiB with a cube while watching a replay of the Outback Bowl.  Go Gophers!

EW and gophers.jpg

Seeing this post got me to thinking. I wonder what all the sports gamblers and bookies are doing right now with no sports to bet on?

LCWoody,

How did the brisket turn out.  How long was the cook.  My wife and I grew up in NW corner of Louisiana and still miss the food.

Jeff

Opened this bottle last week for the B-day.    This is the bourbon that started me on this path.  

Belle Meade did a tasting at a work event in Nashville - gave it a try and here I am ?

So had this bottle in the bunker for a bit - decided turning 43 was good enough reason to open it ?

IMG_0656.JPG

• I like it 2

5 hours ago, Double C's said:

Seeing this post got me to thinking. I wonder what all the sports gamblers and bookies are doing right now with no sports to bet on?

Saving money?  :huh:

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Saving money?  :huh:

Biba! Joe

...Probably!   ...And, I bet it's making 'em crazy!

6 hours ago, StarSurfer55 said:

LCWoody,

How did the brisket turn out.  How long was the cook.  My wife and I grew up in NW corner of Louisiana and still miss the food.

Jeff

I cooked it for about 8 1/2 hours, and it came out pretty good. My kids and wife loved it, but I'm hard on myself on my cooking. Using what's left for sandwiches tonight. 

EHT single barrel.  Only a couple more pours left of what has been a very good bottle.  Still not an easy find around me, so I will hate it when this one is gone.

• I like it 2

Mrs. Whammie is about to put little Whammie to bed, so for me it's a wonderful ECBP alongside my first viewing of 1917. 

20200324_201716.jpg

• I like it 2

4 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

Mrs. Whammie is about to put little Whammie to bed, so for me it's a wonderful ECBP alongside my first viewing of 1917. 

20200324_201716.jpg

I believe you'll find that film to be a uniquely engrossing experience.   My bride and I absolutely loved this flik!    ...And, I cannot argue at all with your decision about the pour!

1 hour ago, Richnimrod said:

I believe you'll find that film to be a uniquely engrossing experience.   My bride and I absolutely loved this flik!    ...And, I cannot argue at all with your decision about the pour!

I just finished the movie, and WOW! That was incredible. I'm a huge fan of Saving Private Ryan, Band of Brothers, and The Pacific. I put this up there with them. 

And of course the ECBP was great. I may end the night with a pour of B517

Edited by JCwhammie
  • I like it 1

On 3/23/2020 at 10:42 AM, StarSurfer55 said:

My wife and I grew up in NW corner of Louisiana and still miss the food.

You guys from the center of the universe like me... Shreveport-Bossier?  

On 3/20/2020 at 1:23 PM, Clueby said:

Did the group custom make that bug red 11 label? Very cool.

Yes. One of our guys is pretty good w/ graphic design stuff. This barrel really stood out and had that sweet oaky profile of the classic “little red 12’ EC.  It is honestly one of my favorite picks. 

I have mentioned this in other threads but I am really enjoying circling back to some sub 100 proof offerings* with a fresh palate and open mind. Really enjoying some of them. 

*you know, those bottles you ‘think’ you have graduated from because you finally learned how to sip barrel proof neat. 

There really is a lot of quality bourbon available that heritage distillers are putting out as flagship brands that are available and affordable. 

• I like it 4

9 hours ago, 0895 said:

DF07B6C4-1D2E-4D50-AA75-9B954F1EF9F2.jpeg

You slip over the river to Illinois again? ;) Nice pour. Hope it was great.

Biba! Joe

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.