What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Summer 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Picked these up on a weekend trip. I've had the Devil's Cut, before, and couldn't pass it up for $18.99. I haven't tried the others, yet.

20200628_143539.jpg

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Picked these up on a weekend trip. I've had the Devil's Cut, before, and couldn't pass it up for $18.99. I haven't tried the others, yet.

IMHO, you'll like all of the others more than the Beam

• I like it 2

On 6/26/2020 at 3:47 PM, TehRegion219 said:

30.80 otd

i thibk it went up from last time. Batch 27, 23 was good but only bought 1 bottle, 24 was excellent and I stocked up  , 25 was meh but I bought extra based on the previous batch. I haven’t got  to 26 yet, so this will be on deck behind it once I finish the 25? Lol, I told my self no purchase today unless it’s EHT.... 

AC0569C3-EFA7-4BFF-9CBC-E9ED7B626FDE.jpeg

I still have a 21 & 22 plus a handle of the 26. Just finished a handle of the 24. I like the 21 better than the 22 (maybe just in my head, never did a sbs). Agree that the 24 was good. I wish they did single barrels. The batches have some variation but aren't head and shoulders better than standard, off the shelf BT.

While driving thru northern KY today, we stopped and I bought a case HH 6yr old family sized green labels. Just vat into a 750 and into the freezer it goes. And, for good measure,  I spied a couple of Delord 25 yr olds for 60 bucks a pop. They came home with me also.

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, Vosgar said:

IMHO, you'll like all of the others more than the Beam

Oh, absolutely.

It's a cheapie, that scratches that "Beam funk" itch. I've read about the others, but have never tried 'em.  The SAOS is a store pick that was on sale for $36.00, so I bought it. I tried a little, and it's good.  

Picked up a WT101 for the first time today at the local Vons.  With the 10% discount for buying 6 bottles (got some wine as well) plus a $5 coupon it was only $11.99 plus tax!  Probably break it open later this evening. 

• I like it 3

Picked up a blantons this weekend. Crazy you have to ask for it now and don’t see them anymore.

8 hours ago, flahute said:

I see a coffee and Fernet in your future.

Actually, I don't drink coffee.  Long story.  However, I would probably enjoy the Old Fitz or Powers as an after dinner drink.  Probably before dinner too!

2 hours ago, rmoore926 said:

Picked up a WT101 for the first time today at the local Vons.  With the 10% discount for buying 6 bottles (got some wine as well) plus a $5 coupon it was only $11.99 plus tax!  Probably break it open later this evening. 

Great price for a great bourbon!

2 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Actually, I don't drink coffee.  Long story.  However, I would probably enjoy the Old Fitz or Powers as an after dinner drink.  Probably before dinner too!

LOL! I quoted the wrong person! Sorry about that. You were probably thinking to yourself "what the heck is he talking about?"

3 minutes ago, flahute said:

LOL! I quoted the wrong person! Sorry about that. You were probably thinking to yourself "what the heck is he talking about?"

Nah I am married so I am often confused by the direction of conversations.  

• I like it 9

6 hours ago, Phil T said:

I spied a couple of Delord 25 yr olds for 60 bucks a pop. They came home with me also.

Yes, the Delord 25yr is fantastic, especially at $60. A fine choice!

3 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Nah I am married so I am often confused by the direction of conversations.  

LOL! This is in the running for post of the year.

• I like it 1

15 hours ago, rmoore926 said:

Vons?  Occasionally get that deal at Safeway (same company) here in NoCal.  Can't beat it...

Been wanting to try this one for awhile now.  Finally found one.  Might crack it tonight.  

964147FC-B240-41E0-93CB-0D98811BB610.jpeg

• I like it 3

39 minutes ago, Not_That_Fancy said:

Found these at 49.99 OTD. Excited to try them. 

04091FC0-8D2B-419D-AD0B-0430B594A026.jpeg

I am a big fan!

• I like it 2

On 6/28/2020 at 6:34 PM, rmoore926 said:

First time WT101? Well done, prepare to be impressed.

A new whiskey centric LS/bar opened in my town, so I stopped in today. Nothing mind blowing on the shelf, but pretty good variety of bourbons. However, they did have OF1910, which I’ve never had an opportunity to try before, so I had to pick that up. I’ll probably crack it and share my thoughts later this weekend.

Also, while not bourbon. I grabbed a Rittenhouse off the shelf for $27, which I hadn’t seen much of in the last year or so. For those who saw my post in the “huh?!” thread about the special release event for Baby Saz at $40, I may have bought the Ritt partly as validation. ?

Happy Holiday Weekend to everyone! Mine’s off to a great start!

• I like it 1

My son called me this morning. He had to grab some beer and wine for tomorrow, so he asked if I wanted to go to the liquor store with him. "Do slightly tipsy SB members pee in the bushes?"  Y'all know there was no way I could say no. ? My son graciously bought me another PS OFSB. I spotted an ECBP on the shelf behind the counter. Since this is only the second time I've seen one around here, I grabbed one. What the heck? If I don't like it, Vosgar and/or Galvin0791 will probably benefit. ? 

Biba! Joe

FWIW, I finished off a few bottles, and had made some room in my cabinet since my shoulder surgery and Covid-19. I must have an aversion to open spaces in and on my cabinet. It's now full again. What's a mother to do? :unsure:

DSC_0008.jpeg

• I like it 2

Picked up two bottles of Stagg Jr batch 13 while out and about today. One bottle for me, and one for my brother. Still waiting on batch 14. 

• I like it 2

6 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

My son called me this morning. He had to grab some beer and wine for tomorrow, so he asked if I wanted to go to the liquor store with him. "Do slightly tipsy SB members pee in the bushes?"  Y'all know there was no way I could say no. ? My son graciously bought me another PS OFSB. I spotted an ECBP on the shelf behind the counter. Since this is only the second time I've seen one around here, I grabbed one. What the heck? If I don't like it, Vosgar and/or Galvin0791 will probably benefit. ? 

Biba! Joe

FWIW, I finished off a few bottles, and had made some room in my cabinet since my shoulder surgery and Covid-19. I must have an aversion to open spaces in and on my cabinet. It's now full again. What's a mother to do? :unsure:

DSC_0008.jpeg

Still looking for an OFPS in Indy. I used to see them around but not in the past year or so. One will pop up.

I tried blowing up the photo but couldn't get it  large enough to read the ECBP batch number.

Came across Boone County 12 year in a hole in the wall. Bought that without thinking twice. Still debating on the Redemption Rye 7 year waxtop

and ‘19 FR LE.

• I like it 1

On 7/2/2020 at 7:38 PM, Not_That_Fancy said:

Found these at 49.99 OTD. Excited to try them. 

04091FC0-8D2B-419D-AD0B-0430B594A026.jpeg

I like those quite a lot.  

56 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

Came across Boone County 12 year in a hole in the wall. Bought that without thinking twice. Still debating on the Redemption Rye 7 year waxtop

and ‘19 FR LE.

I like the 8 year RR old waxtop bottle.  I haven't ever tried the 7 year.

What's the debate about on the '19 LE?  Can only be price right?  I haven't yet opened my 19 yet so I'm no help on that.  But it gets raves all around...

Edited by Kepler
typo

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.