What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Summer 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Today I bought a store pick Eagle Rare, a handle of WT101, and a store pick Barrell Whiskey finished in German Ice Wine casks. The WT101 was the first one opened. The Barrell seems like it will be a good dessert tonight after some bone-in Ribeyes. 

IMG_0497.jpg

• I like it 2

made my first bourbon purchases since March. Not pictured, but I also picked up a store pick Jack Daniels single barrel. I got to sample it first and it was quite tasty.

20200711_201616.jpg

• I like it 2

8 hours ago, flahute said:

Where in WA are you?

Just outside of Ephrata.

14 hours ago, BoilerinIL said:

I prefer the New Riff SiB to the BIB and I prefer the Rye to the Bourbon. I liked the BIB Rye but the SiB's I've had are even better. I've had two SiB's from the distillery gift shop and I love that they are both good but, also, unique. Of course SiB's vary from barrel to barrel but if I tried these side by side I wouldn't have guessed they were the "same" product. I have a 3rd SiB Rye that I picked up at the distillery that I will be opening soon and looking forward to the comparison.

Thanks Boiler. I'll be on the lookout for their Single Barrel Rye then! Sounds good to me.

Have to make the most out of work trips to Covid hot zome.....  houston has always treated me well!

20200711_081249.jpg

• I like it 4

Went out looking for WTMK BiB. Struck out. But I picked up another BiB, at a much lower price:  ETBiB. 1st time it has been available in my area. 

Will open soon. 

Cheers

• I like it 3

7 hours ago, lrochau said:

Have to make the most out of work trips to Covid hot zome.....  houston has always treated me well!

20200711_081249.jpg

RARE BREED RYE!!!!! Please please please arrive in Illinois soon. 

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

RARE BREED RYE!!!!! Please please please arrive in Illinois soon. 

Missouri too! 
?

• I like it 1

45 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Missouri too! 
?

Came to Ohio in last few weeks - man is it good!!   One of my early favs so far this year as far as new things I have tried.

• I like it 2

Picked up an Eagle Rare this morning at my local Safeway for $26.99 after 10% mixed half case discount.  Blanton's two weeks ago and now this?  Safeway is becoming my honey hole lol.  And no, it's not a store pick.  They've recently started putting a sticker on spirits saying that the bottle is intended for sale at Safeway store #967 and giving an 800 number to call if you see it for sale anywhere else.  I guess they must have had some theft issues?

eagle rare safeway.jpg

• I like it 4

On 7/12/2020 at 3:32 PM, 0895 said:

083C6035-FE6C-4448-AB7B-3C59D7CA3678.jpeg

Let us know your thoughts on the Master's Keep.

• I like it 1

Got an ER pick a couple days ago. Also got a pick from another store a couple weeks ago. They're piling up, better open one...

• I like it 1

another bottle of WT101. looking online for chicken, I noticed Safeway had a $5 off 1 bottle coupon for WT101. so for $14, why not add another one?

john

• I like it 2

4 hours ago, john E said:

another bottle of WT101. looking online for chicken, I noticed Safeway had a $5 off 1 bottle coupon for WT101. so for $14, why not add another one?

john

Safeway has some amazing deals on bourbon.  $5 off $17 for WT101 can't be beat.  $11.69 for Even Williams white label, $26.99 for eagle rare and $53.99 for Blanton's are deals in today's market.  I've even seen Buffalo Trace for $20 and 4Roses Single Barrel for $33.  (All these prices are after the 10% mixed half case discount)

• I like it 2

My first bottle. Exceeded expectations. Lots of chatter that this not that great but I am loving it. I’m in East Tennessee right now and I was a little shocked at paying $39 for this (from Total Wine in Knoxville). Shouldn’t it be cheaper here? 

BC7DB59C-30E3-4220-88DF-D21EF6EAE535.jpeg

On 7/5/2020 at 1:14 AM, Kepler said:

I will have no qualms with $60 12 year KC. Once I drink down a few of these single barrels that is! Curiosity might even get the best of me first too, Lol ?

Late to this note.  I am now on my second KC 12 YR, and I am a big fan of the 9YR.  Both of the 12 yrs were smoother than my 9s.  Go figure.

3 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Late to this note.  I am now on my second KC 12 YR, and I am a big fan of the 9YR.  Both of the 12 yrs were smoother than my 9s.  Go figure.

Harry, I remember seeing your post about KC12 a few weeks ago. I dont recall seeing it here yet, but to be honest I haven't been looking for it. I'm going to make it a goal of mine to seek it out over the next week or so. 

23 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

I went through my first bottle of KC12 in no time flat. Really like that one so I immediately purchased 5 more.

• I like it 3

Bought a bottle of yellow label, my first in a long time. It's chilin in the freezer, should be good to go in about an hour. It should pair up nicely with our first sweet corn of the season. 

Prost!  Phil 

Edited by Phil T
  • I like it 5

Picked up a Binny's Eagle Rare pick and had a nice conversation with the whiskey gal.  On her recommendation, I also grabbed a bottle of Mellow Corn to try out of the freezer.  She took a 4RYL off the shelf to try as my freezer rec. We will compare notes next time!

Then was able to get a Smoke Wagon 8 year private barrel pick.   This is 8 year MGP.  Pricey at right around $100, but I have only heard good things so far from at least one palate I trust .  Will be opening tonight.

16 minutes ago, Phil T said:

Bought a bottle of yellow label, my first in a long time. It's chilin in the freezer, should be good to go in about an hour. It should pair up nicely with our first sweet corn of the season. 

Prost!  Phil 

Ohio sweet corn! Nice. It finally warmed up here so my bottle of 4RYL is entering the freezer as we speak.

On 7/15/2020 at 4:43 PM, Harry in WashDC said:

On 7/16/2020 at 4:22 PM, flahute said:

I went through my first bottle of KC12 in no time flat. Really like that one so I immediately purchased 5 more.

I saw the KC12 sitting on the shelf for $52.99 so I went ahead and picked that up. I still have plenty of store pick single barrels in the bunker but my curiosity got the best of me.

• I like it 3

10 hours ago, Kepler said:

I saw the KC12 sitting on the shelf for $52.99 so I went ahead and picked that up. I still have plenty of store pick single barrels in the bunker but my curiosity got the best of me.

That's a good price for KC12, it's $60 + tax out here.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.