What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Fall 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

So I've had a selection of mediocre ryes on my shelf at low fill for quite some time. And I have resolved to tidying up. So today was bottle kill day on quite a few. After some heavily varied pours that included an Irish rye, some Canadian, and a few kentucky ryes that didn't quite cut it. She poured me one of her regular buffalo traces and I have to say it sits very well after the huge variety of flavors I've had tonight.

Enjoying some of the best 4R I’ve ever had.

Better than many of the LE’s.

8y, 4m OESQ, 60.4% from 2015.

I’ve been savoring this bottle for about 4 years now, argon gassing it in between.

It’s still as good as I remember.

Yes, the photo is accurate.  It is very dark bourbon.

1173AFCC-B4D1-44AF-9D39-7EF1D2ED91B2.thumb.jpeg.0f77edeb6974d499cbb82cf83ff0f917.jpeg

• I like it 5

a pour of ancient age that was followed up by a bookers 2019-02, and now sipping on a dragon's milk reserve stout.

• I like it 1

56 minutes ago, Patrick_OKC said:

Working the Turkey tradition tonight.

Pat

wtrb.jpg

wttraditions.jpg

You are absolutely kicking ass the last week or 2. 

• I like it 1

11 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

You are absolutely kicking ass the last week or 2. 

How ‘bout it!!  Lovin’ watching P_OKC’s ride!  ?

22 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

How ‘bout it!!  Lovin’ watching P_OKC’s ride!  ?

I agree. It’s inspiring, and awesome. 

• I like it 1

Makers 101. It’s been forever since I’ve had the regular Makers so hard to make a comparison. It’s fine, not overly complex, but certainly enjoyable. 

• I like it 4

I've "almost" bought this a few times. Mrs. Skinsfan talked me into it today.  I've never had it. It's resting right now. I hope that they picked some good barrels when they bottled this juice.

20201024_185743.jpg

• I like it 1

19 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Makers 101. It’s been forever since I’ve had the regular Makers so hard to make a comparison. It’s fine, not overly complex, but certainly enjoyable. 

I did a SBS when we snagged a bottle in Canada. It's got a little more depth than regular Maker's. It's good but,  for the $$$, I prefer MMCS.

• I like it 2

Making weekend progress on cleaning the shelves in the bunker. I don't expect to come across these again, anytime soon. Especially the RHF.

Pat

rhf.jpg

hpr.jpg

• I like it 1

Old Tub over ice watching BiG football.  Nothing special but a refreshing sipper...  Go Gophers! 

old tub big ten.jpg

• I like it 1

3 minutes ago, fosmith said:

Old Tub over ice watching BiG football.  Nothing special but a refreshing sipper...  Go Gophers! 

old tub big ten.jpg

So good to have Big 10 football back! Currently watching the same game and it's my third game of the day. Indiana beating Penn St. in overtime was incredible.

23 minutes ago, Patrick_OKC said:

Making weekend progress on cleaning the shelves in the bunker. I don't expect to come across these again, anytime soon. Especially the RHF.

Pat

Holy Cow!  You cleaning bunker shelves of THAT???  I cleaning mine of stuff I'm embarrassed to admit I actually PAID for. TO WIT: a six pack of Seagram's ginger ale in 7 OZ. cans got sacrificed today to the remains of two crafters, one of which is no longer with us.

Washing out my mouth now with good old OGD BIB.

24 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Holy Cow!  You cleaning bunker shelves of THAT???  I cleaning mine of stuff I'm embarrassed to admit I actually PAID for. TO WIT: a six pack of Seagram's ginger ale in 7 OZ. cans got sacrificed today to the remains of two crafters, one of which is no longer with us.

Washing out my mouth now with good old OGD BIB.

Harry, that is hilarious! 

Actually, I do keep two bottles on hand at all times of OGD BIB, and it reminds me of you and Squire, BTW. OTOH, I can't say that I have ever knowingly consumed anything from Seagram's ?

1 hour ago, Patrick_OKC said:

Harry, that is hilarious! 

Actually, I do keep two bottles on hand at all times of OGD BIB, and it reminds me of you and Squire, BTW. OTOH, I can't say that I have ever knowingly consumed anything from Seagram's ?

Seagram.  SEE Wiki at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seagram for a summary of the history of Seagrams.  Samuel Bronfman was quite  character.  There's even a US Supreme Court case involving him and Columbia Pictures circa the "Jaws" release that is ABSOLUTELY instructive for prosecutors.  It tells us HOW to ASK questions and to LISTEN to the answers.

A college classmate of mine worked for Seagram and was nominally in charge of the distillery now known as  MPG Ingredients.  It was many years after he left Seagram that we compared notes  and found out I was enamored of bourbon and he had actually been responsible for making it.

Nowadays, Seagrams 7 is nothing more than flavored vodka.  So sad.

• I like it 1

Enjoyed a pour of 2016 4R SmB earlier.

Now having a nice pour of Mr Al Young, just because. 

Cheers. 

IMG_4247.JPG

• I like it 7

Enjoyed a night out by the fire last night with some of my mini barrel Double Oaked Dant.

20EF81FB-FDC1-420B-A524-8B0DCC2B6941.jpeg

• I like it 1

23 minutes ago, marshall9779 said:

Enjoyed a night out by the fire last night with some of my mini barrel Double Oaked Dant.

20EF81FB-FDC1-420B-A524-8B0DCC2B6941.jpeg

So....trick-or-treaters get a shot and a stogie this year?   That's even better than the people giving out full size Snickers bars!

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.