What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Fall 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2 hours ago, BigRich said:

Well that was a close one.  Maybe you need to upgrade to Full Proof for tonight. 

I will give that a try. Gonna miss the start due to getting a run in, but will be home in time to catch plenty of the game. The higher proof should help make up for the delay. 

1 hour ago, Radioyada said:

I will give that a try. Gonna miss the start due to getting a run in, but will be home in time to catch plenty of the game. The higher proof should help make up for the delay. 

Make it a very long run...  ?

• I like it 1

12 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Make it a very long run...  ?

Hone now, and ready for the comeback 

A7A35D1F-185D-47E3-A533-3C845408C9D9.jpeg

• I like it 1

OF 100 from the box set I bought.  Great daily drinker.  I can really see this giving WT101 a run for my most purchased DD.  I personally prefer the WT profile, but this one is just so sweet and easy to drink that I think it will be more popular with the guests.

Also, FWIW, the OF box set was absolutely fantastic in terms of packaging and presentation.  The different colored boxes was visually nice, the cardboard was not flimsy, and each bottle also came with a little bookmark shaped insert with tasting notes.  Really well done while keeping it simple and not jacking up price for extra fancy packaging.  If there are any left at $55 this Friday I will probably buy at least one more.  Only thing that would make it so much better is if they would let you swap out the 1920 for another Whiskey Row series.

Well, since I began the evening with a touch of rye, it only made sense to round out the evening with a heavier touch of rye.

Pat

rye on rye.jpg

Pikesville.jpg

• I like it 1

2 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

OF 100 from the box set I bought.  Great daily drinker.  I can really see this giving WT101 a run for my most purchased DD.  I personally prefer the WT profile, but this one is just so sweet and easy to drink that I think it will be more popular with the guests.

Also, FWIW, the OF box set was absolutely fantastic in terms of packaging and presentation.  The different colored boxes was visually nice, the cardboard was not flimsy, and each bottle also came with a little bookmark shaped insert with tasting notes.  Really well done while keeping it simple and not jacking up price for extra fancy packaging.  If there are any left at $55 this Friday I will probably buy at least one more.  Only thing that would make it so much better is if they would let you swap out the 1920 for another Whiskey Row series.

Love it. I am a real big BF fan.

Pat

1 hour ago, Radioyada said:

Hone now, and ready for the comeback 

A7A35D1F-185D-47E3-A533-3C845408C9D9.jpeg

Turned it on in 2nd inning, then right back off. They need Jobu and some  rum to wake up bats. 

Edited by WD40

On 10/10/2020 at 9:26 AM, StarSurfer55 said:

Looks like there are 750,000 people without power in SWLouisiana.   Many will likely be out for weeks. Hope LC is doing okay. 

I never got power back from the first hurricane (Laura), and it looks like it will be several more weeks before I get power where I am located. Going on over six weeks now without electricity. Costing me about $70 a day in fuel to run my house. That’s a really good bottle of bourbon I could be buying every day. For that matter even two or three good bottles of bourbon every day.  :rolleyes: And I’m drinking Mezcal tonight, sooo. 

Edited by LCWoody
  • I like it 3

I had a pour of pappy 15 and weller 12 at the talbott tavern. I am on a night cap of CEHT small batch currently.

• I like it 2

58 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

OF 100 from the box set I bought.  If there are any left at $55 this Friday I will probably buy at least one more.

$55 is the best I can find locally for 1920 alone so I would buy an embarrassing amount of these sets for $55.

• I like it 1

43 minutes ago, LCWoody said:

I never got power back from the first hurricane (Laura), and it looks like it will be several more weeks before I get power where I am located. Going on over six weeks now without electricity. Costing me about $70 a day in fuel to run my house. That’s a really good bottle of bourbon I could be buying every day. For that matter even two or three good bottles of bourbon every day.  :rolleyes: And I’m drinking Mezcal tonight, sooo. 

Good to hear from you and glad that everyone except your liver is doin well. Hope you get power back as soon as possible. 

• I like it 3

Was sipping some Willett Pot Still last night and discovered that the nose had a pretty sour smell that later opened into vanilla.  Bourbon still tasted fine but was a little off-putting.  Odd...

OFSB PS this evening. Man is this hitting the spot tonight. ?

Biba! Joe

Exploring the bunker, and making it a point not to buy any additions (other than Belgian ales, whether Trappist or Abbey ales). :) 

VOB BIB. Not sure when I bought it. Probably 2014 or 2015ish. 

Pat

VOB BiB.jpg

• I like it 4

For pre-dinner happy hour, we had classic Old Fashioneds made with one (!) ounce OGD BIB and muddled orange slice and cherry and add some rocks and simple syrup andan unmuddled cherry and some soda.

I think I sipped on VOB BIB during the post-dessert phase of the evening. I don’t really remember.?

• I like it 2

Cracked this last night. I think my palate was off a little but was good. Red fruits, baking spices and a little buttered popcorn. Might be about the perfect proof for regular Maker’s. MMCS can drink a little hot for the proof sometimes.  Disappointed with the screw top especially on a LE. I know the new MMCS uses the same bottle, is that a screw top now as well?

EDBA4043-4DE8-4DFA-9257-174C840821B0.jpeg

32 minutes ago, marshall9779 said:

Cracked this last night. I think my palate was off a little but was good. Red fruits, baking spices and a little buttered popcorn. Might be about the perfect proof for regular Maker’s. MMCS can drink a little hot for the proof sometimes.  Disappointed with the screw top especially on a LE. I know the new MMCS uses the same bottle, is that a screw top now as well?

Honestly, with the trouble I have with wax bottles, I'd be thankful for it personally lol.

1 hour ago, marshall9779 said:

Yes, the new MMCS is a screw-top as well. Don't know if it's just a fluke with the specific bottle of MMCS I bought, but the damned thing won't tighten up all the way. If you try to screw it on all the way, it jumps the threads & becomes loose again. Annoying for a bottle that just jumped back up to $50 here.

3 hours ago, scratchline said:

Rainstorm in NYC.  The classics never die.

“Atta boy Luther!” ?

Biba! Joe

Nice pour of FRSmB Select. This bottle was a gift. It is a nice enough bourbon but I prefer FRSiB. But, for tonight,  this suits me just fine.

On 10/15/2020 at 6:56 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

OFSB PS this evening. Man is this hitting the spot tonight. ?

Biba! Joe

How many bottles from this barrel does this put you at?

Go get em all!  When it’s gone this one is really gone as the 90pf version is done.  Future you will thank real time you. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.