What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Fall 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

13 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

How many bottles from this barrel does this put you at?

Well.....:unsure:

I finished two bottles. I currently have one open, and five in the bunker. Each time I visit that store, I’m surprised they still have some. Near as I can tell, they still have two or three cases left. I’m toying with the idea of seeing if they might possibly give me a discount if I buy a case. ;)

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

Brought out a bigger gun for the game tonight.  2019 CEHT BP is the pour to enjoy while rooting the Braves on toward a win.

Hey Gents,

So sorry for the shameless self plug here, but I'm currently having some J. Magnus Cigar Blend Bourbon batch #33 this evening with an Avo XO cigar. CB Batch #33 is the highest proof batch of Jos. Magnus Cigar Blend Bourbon I've made to date, coming in at a hefty 127.02 proof. The creaminess, light sweetness, and slight earthiness of the Avo really goes well with the high proof, English Christmas cake notes, dark dried fruit, orange marmalade on croissant with butter, brown baking spices, and walnut and almond nutty notes of this blend. 

Currently enjoying this pairing by listening to some music from all three generations of the Hank Williams family: Sr., Jr., and III. I felt I needed some kinda bad-ass music to go along with the high proof. The East Tennessean/Southern gal is coming out strong in me this evening. 

Felt like I should act now and apologize later for any self promotion. Dang, this pairing is enjoyable! Hope everyone's enjoy this fine fall evening with a tasty dram. 

Cheers,

Nancy

IMG_5573.jpg

IMG_5547.jpg

Edited by WhiskeyBlender
  • I like it 15

12 minutes ago, Radioyada said:

Brought out a bigger gun for the game tonight.  2019 CEHT BP is the pour to enjoy while rooting the Braves on toward a win.

Braves Tampa Bay would be a GREAT series for this off-year.  Just my opinion.

• I like it 5

18 minutes ago, WhiskeyBlender said:

Hey Gents,

So sorry for the shameless self plug here, but I'm currently having some J. Magnus Cigar Blend Bourbon batch #33 this evening with an Avo XO cigar. CB Batch #33 is the highest proof batch of Jos. Magnus Cigar Blend Bourbon I've made to date, coming in at a hefty 127.02 proof. The creaminess, light sweetness, and slight earthiness of the Avo really goes well with the high proof, English Christmas cake notes, dark dried fruit, orange marmalade on croissant with butter, brown baking spices, and walnut and almond nutty notes of this blend. 

Currently enjoying this pairing by listening to some music from all three generations of the Hank Williams family: Sr., Jr., and III. I felt I needed some kinda bad-ass music to go along with the high proof. The East Tennessean/Southern gal is coming out strong in me this evening. 

Felt like I should act now and apologize later for any self promotion. Dang, this pairing is enjoyable! Hope everyone's enjoy this fine fall evening with a tasty dram. 

Cheers,

Nancy

Plug away Nancy!  ?

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

1 minute ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Braves Tampa Bay would be a GREAT series for this off-year.  Just my opinion.

My opinion as well. 

10 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Plug away Nancy!  ?

Biba! Joe

Thanks @fishbowljoe, I try to be careful about promoting anything I've had a hand in, but dang, this cigar and Bourbon pairing is something special this evening!

• I like it 1

Just now, WhiskeyBlender said:

Thanks @fishbowljoe, I try to be careful about promoting anything I've had a hand in, but dang, this cigar and Bourbon pairing is something special this evening!

A wise person once told me: “It’s okay to pat yourself on the back sometimes. You may as well ‘cause chances are no one else will.” ?  BTW, how were things in Kirby? 

• I like it 1

9 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

A wise person once told me: “It’s okay to pat yourself on the back sometimes. You may as well ‘cause chances are no one else will.” ?  BTW, how were things in Kirby? 

@fishbowljoe, I went through 600 barrels last week in Kirby! That 9 year old rye-ish/rye bourbon juice is really coming along quite well. ?? I've been imbibing and enjoying a lot of those cask samples this past week. 

• I like it 1

On 10/14/2020 at 5:48 PM, Sgtspitter101 said:

I had a pour of pappy 15 and weller 12 at the talbott tavern. I am on a night cap of CEHT small batch currently.

Ohhh, good to know that Talbott is open. I'm going to be in Bardstown next week.

• I like it 1

47 minutes ago, WhiskeyBlender said:

Hey Gents,

Cheers,

Nancy

IMG_5573.jpg

IMG_5547.jpg

Holyyyyyyy crap that hat is amazing.

As Joe said, promote away. You've earned it here.

Wish I had some Cigar Blend to drink with you! It's hard to come by here.

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Well.....:unsure:

I finished two bottles. I currently have one open, and five in the bunker. Each time I visit that store, I’m surprised they still have some. Near as I can tell, they still have two or three cases left. I’m toying with the idea of seeing if they might possibly give me a discount if I buy a case. ;)

Biba! Joe

Attaboy Luther!

34 minutes ago, flahute said:

Ohhh, good to know that Talbott is open. I'm going to be in Bardstown next week.

Get that hot brown, booiyeee! IMO, it’s the best one around!!!

Edited by Paddy
  • I like it 1

50 minutes ago, flahute said:

For????? 

8 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

For????? 

My guess is pretty horses and fast women.... but, what do I know?!??

• I like it 2

34 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

For????? 

25 minutes ago, Paddy said:

My guess is pretty horses and fast women.... but, what do I know?!??

Barrel picks! 

And what Paddy said.......

43 minutes ago, flahute said:

Barrel picks! 

And what Paddy said.......

I figured as much!  I forget what the last pick you just casually dropped in a random thread last time. 4R perhaps? 

what are we doing this trip?

as for @Paddy I think you juxtaposed “pretty” and “fast”

Edited by Bob_Loblaw

7 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

I figured as much!  I forget what the last pick you just casually dropped in a random thread last time. 4R perhaps? 

what are we doing this trip?

as for @Paddy I think you juxtaposed “pretty” and “fast”

Ha! The funny thing is that the lineup this time is identical to last time.

About a month ago I was picking with my local. Next week is a Bourbon Crusaders pick and we are doing Wilderness Trail and Four Roses.

It was so much fun last month so I'm thrilled to be back at it.

On 10/15/2020 at 7:48 PM, Patrick_OKC said:

Exploring the bunker, and making it a point not to buy any additions (other than Belgian ales, whether Trappist or Abbey ales). :) 

VOB BIB. Not sure when I bought it. Probably 2014 or 2015ish. 

Pat

VOB BiB.jpg

I would guess 2016 - 2017ish. If my recollection serves me correct that is about when the age statement disappeared. A solid pour regardless.

Spent some time with friends last night enjoying Blanton's Gold, Stagg Jr batch 13, ECPB B520 and RHF.  Needless to say it was an enjoyable evening.

• I like it 2

3 minutes ago, mwmac said:

Spent some time with friends last night enjoying Blanton's Gold, Stagg Jr batch 13, ECPB B520 and RHF.  Needless to say it was an enjoyable evening.

Now that right there is one helluva lineup. ?  Glad y’all had a good evening.

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

15 hours ago, WhiskeyBlender said:

Cheers,

Nancy

IMG_5547.jpg

Never apologize for being awesome, Nancy.  :)

and, I'm gonna need a virtual sip of that... lol.

• I like it 3

20 hours ago, WhiskeyBlender said:

Hey Gents,

Cheers,

Nancy

IMG_5573.jpg

IMG_5547.jpg

Nancy, I keep looking.  As soon and I can find one, I will be all over this!

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.