Empty Bottle(s) Support Group — 2021

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Eagle Rare, a single bottle selection from Pascale’s liquor store in Syracuse NY. A buddy of mine grabbed this for me one time when he went to visit his folks. Took me a while to get to it as I had some in stock, but it hit the spot tonight. Wind chills hovering around 5 degrees. 2 glasses neat hit the spot. Thanks, Watson!

1755103D-ABF0-4CDB-B5CB-00994CDF8588.jpeg

• I like it 2

Back to back Eagle Rare posts although mine wasn’t a store pick. This bottle served me well. I used a lot of it to tame a Stagg Jr that I couldn’t figure out how to enjoy. That blend turned out to be awesome and I’m nursing that along. 

A7CD0086-EBF8-4C7C-BC68-2635FF510F4D.jpeg

• I like it 1

This wasn't too bad for 80 proof.  Very smooth but still nice BT #1 flavors.  Crushes Jim Beam white label.  And, only $14.99 for a 1 liter bottle.  This is a perfect first pour for when the higher proof stuff just tastes too hot which they can after a meal of spicy food. 

I haven't seen any of the revamped lineup yet here in NoCal but will definitely check them out when/if they arrive. 

benchmark 8.jpg

• I like it 1

This one was really good!  Vanilla sugar custard just coats the palate; not complex but sweet and delicious.  I liked this much better than either of the stave finished expressions I've tried; which were RC-6 and a K&L private barrel.  Those weren't bad but neither demanded a second pour. 

And, at only $40, this is a great value for a tasty, cask strength wheater. 

MM CS 20-03 empty.jpg

• I like it 2

The fabled batch 3 from Fall 2014. Yep, it was great and this bottle was emptied all too quickly.

046D97E0-044C-4D55-AACA-826B54ECA83B.jpeg

• I like it 6

7 hours ago, MM818 said:

Back to back Eagle Rare posts although mine wasn’t a store pick.

any loss onf Eagle Rare is worthy of remembrance.

• I like it 2

On 1/29/2021 at 7:25 PM, LCWoody said:

Lost a good one tonight by the fire. 
90D42751-D4B5-4222-BA7C-BCB88ABDE3E8.thumb.jpeg.f3d989c118469a81768f88ec5a4af997.jpeg

Lucky enough to have tried the whole run 2015-2019 - 2017 was the best of the lot.

• I like it 2

My John J. Bowman is now an ex-parrot,  along with Polly who guarded Castaway Cove's pirate ship in Ocean City which burnt to a ghostly crisp yesterday.  

Bowman's always a quality pour,  and will be replaced at the earliest opportunity.   Folks lament they can never find RocK HIll Farms ,Hancock's Reserve and ETL.   Neither can I,  and I drink, without lamentation, this stuff instead.   

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, Jazzhead said:

My John J. Bowman is now an ex-parrot,  along with Polly who guarded Castaway Cove's pirate ship in Ocean City which burnt to a ghostly crisp yesterday.  

Bowman's always a quality pour,  and will be replaced at the earliest opportunity.   Folks lament they can never find RocK HIll Farms ,Hancock's Reserve and ETL.   Neither can I,  and I drink, without lamentation, this stuff instead.   

🤫🤫🤫

Well,  to be clear,  i do lament for the parrot.    It was about 12 feet high and in its younger days hooted and flapped its wings.   Indeed,  I'll drink a toast and play His Eye is on the Sparrow.   

With solemnity and respect, we salute the finishing of this great bottle of WT American Spirit. 🇺🇸 

6945BD50-0F5A-44A4-AC6A-3DF34FEBBE8B.jpeg

• I like it 9

A couple of Old Fashion's to start the weekend did this bottle in this afternoon.  It was really a good bottle, just not great. 

20210205_165840_rotated.jpg

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Clueby said:

Boxing up some dead soldiers. Some of these have already graced these pages.20210205_214129.thumb.jpg.00f238c292092c1824681a46eaafa366.jpg

Heavy casualties on that battlefield right there.

6 hours ago, Clueby said:

Boxing up some dead soldiers. Some of these have already graced these pages.20210205_214129.thumb.jpg.00f238c292092c1824681a46eaafa366.jpg

Saving Blanton's tops I see?  Need any?  LMK.  👍

3 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Saving Blanton's tops I see?  Need any?  LMK.  👍

I have a drawer full. I haven't checked in a long time to see what I need. I've mentioned here before, but I didn't even know the different horses/letters were a thing until a few years ago.

Just finished my final PHC Wheated, and an OWA paper label. Continuing the bunker beat-down, with no plans to buy anything for a very long while. Except for Belgian ales.

Pat

PHC Wheated front.jpg

PHC Wheated back.jpg

OWA 107.jpg

• I like it 8

1 minute ago, Patrick_OKC said:

Just finished my final PHC Wheated, and an OWA paper label. Continuing the bunker beat-down, with no plans to buy anything for a very long while. Except for Belgian ales.

Pat

PHC Wheated front.jpg

PHC Wheated back.jpg

OWA 107.jpg

Two GREAT ones, there.  👍🏻

• I like it 2

7 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Two GREAT ones, there.  👍🏻

Well, I also enjoyed (?) getting my first Covid shot today, and scheduled the second shot 21 days down the road. Living the dream, as we all are.

Pat

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.