Empty Bottle(s) Support Group — 2021

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

52 minutes ago, Patrick_OKC said:

Just finished my final PHC Wheated, and an OWA paper label. Continuing the bunker beat-down, with no plans to buy anything for a very long while. Except for Belgian ales.

Pat

PHC Wheated front.jpg

PHC Wheated back.jpg

OWA 107.jpg

We are all humming Taps as we read your post. Well done sir.

• I like it 5

4 hours ago, Patrick_OKC said:

Well, I also enjoyed (?) getting my first Covid shot today, and scheduled the second shot 21 days down the road. Living the dream, as we all are.

Pat

Ya do what ya gotta do Pat. 😐

FWIW, my daughter in law is a nurse, and has had both shots. The first shot gave her some minor discomfort and a slight fever for a few hours. The second shot was a piece of cake. I hope your experience goes as well. Cheers to ya’ buddy. 👍

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

I didn’t really drink very much this past weekend. What little I did drink was pretty good though. I put down the last pours of an ER, and my always venerable 2018 Weller Blend. They gone. 😭

My 2018 Weller Blend bottle had been going, well, since 2018. 🙄 When it got low, I blended more and added to it. Rinse, wash, repeat. I debated long and hard as to whether or not to keep it going or not. She’s done. It was a helluva run.

I still have my 2021 Weller Blend bottle, and I may try and keep that one going for a while, but who knows? 😐  

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

8 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I didn’t really drink very much this past weekend. What little I did drink was pretty good though. I put down the last pours of an ER, and my always venerable 2018 Weller Blend. They gone. 😭

My 2018 Weller Blend bottle had been going, well, since 2018. 🙄 When it got low, I blended more and added to it. Rinse, wash, repeat. I debated long and hard as to whether or not to keep it going or not. She’s done. It was a helluva run.

I still have my 2021 Weller Blend bottle, and I may try and keep that one going for a while, but who knows? 😐  

Biba! Joe

"Say it ain't so, Joe!"   😪

• I like it 1

Said bye bye to a bottle of HH6yrBIB tonight when I got home from work. Not purchasing two case the last time we were in KY before they discontinued it maybe my biggest bourbon regret ever. It is so good at any price point, let alone the bottle shelf one they had for it.

• I like it 4

Emptied an EC NAS just now; this bottle got better with time. I may need to open the new bottle to do a side by side...

• I like it 2

12 hours ago, Kepler said:

This Rebel soldier unfortunately didn't make it.

20210214_184841.jpg

Looks like it did actually make it - the bottle's EMPTY!   😂

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 1

A few more for the basement. The ER and my 2018 Weller Blend were previously mentioned upthread. 😕

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.957be2d4a4b3b7fb1b0911685e1f52e9.jpeg

• I like it 4

On 2/15/2021 at 7:39 AM, GeeTen said:

Looks like it did actually make it - the bottle's EMPTY!   😂

You have a great point! 😄

15 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

A few more for the basement. The ER and my 2018 Weller Blend were previously mentioned upthread. 😕

Some good honest work here.

• I like it 1

16 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.957be2d4a4b3b7fb1b0911685e1f52e9.jpeg

Uhhh you’re not retired yet.

• I like it 2

51 minutes ago, mal00768 said:

Uhhh you’re not retired yet.

LMAO! Now that right there is funny. 👍

Biba! Joe

This weekend's drinking participation trophies included a 1792 Full Proof and Bookers Kitchen Table being drained. Both were better than expected and my liver was happy to be a part of the adventure. Unfortunately, these trophies will find the big green bin outside as they did not rank high enough to make the trophy shelf in the basement.

• I like it 2

At the 9-month mark of my bourbon journey, I am actively trying to empty some bottles that I don't intend to replace.  After buying and trying a few dozen different bourbons, there are some that are fine, but if I am spending the $x they cost, there are alternatives I much prefer, so I am emptying them to make room in the cabinet for stuff I like more.

As I type, I am drinking the last of a Belle Meade Reserve (the newer 108 .3 proof); nothing wrong with it, but to me it tastes like it's trying to be OF 1920, and I can buy 1920 for no more than the Belle Meade, so bye bye Belle Meade. 

Same with a bottle of OF Single Barrel (the older 90 proof) that was a Barrel Pick, but at $40-$50, it is not as good as OF 1920 for that price or even OF 100 at half that price, so be-bye OF SiB.  Actually, the Belle Meade had less than a pour left so I topped it off with OF SiB, and the combo was better than either one by itself.

So now I have room in the cabinet to bring a couple of bottles from the "bunker" (garage).

Finished off a Maker's 101 tonight. It's been delicious; hope the extras in the cabinet are as consistently good.

Enjoying my day off.

It’s 63ish degrees today and this

Old Prentice ER is tasting fabulous.

Sadly it was only a 375ml, but the memory will remain strong.

It was delicious!

55E1CA3D-A201-4EA7-8E0F-BAE85D438726.jpeg

• I like it 7

7 hours ago, 0895 said:

Enjoying my day off.

It’s 63ish degrees today and this

Old Prentice ER is tasting fabulous.

Sadly it was only a 375ml, but the memory will remain strong.

It was delicious!

55E1CA3D-A201-4EA7-8E0F-BAE85D438726.jpeg

Nice!

I've been in a bottle killing swing lately; 2 more down.  These are pretty good budget bottles.  I was surprised how quickly the Old Tub emptied, because I typically don't hover around a particular bottle, so they often sit on the shelf for some time as I rotate through the other opened bottles randomly. But I kept going back to that one every few days. I guess it was because of the distinct peanut notes.

What can I say? A bag of peanuts or a jar of peanut butter doesn't last long around me either 😏   🤷‍♂️🥜 

20210224_212033.jpg

• I like it 3

I emptied an OF 100 the other day. The remnants went into my HH  BIB blend. For the first time in quite a while, the empty bottle went into the big blue bin instead of being added to my empty collection in my basement. 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

So I'm quite overdue on the recycling going to the street, due to weather there has been a backup recently. However I find myself low on my budget sippers yet again. But with so many amazing, life-changing ryes on my radar I think I'll start thinning the lower midshelf/ I don't remember buying that bottle shelf.

IMG_20210225_171646.jpg

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.